Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Late Model Mustang GT with spray

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Raced a Late Model Mustang GT with spray

I was in Plantation, driving along on a beautiful night with the tops off, going to dinner with my Fiance when 2 GT'S, one Grey and one Black I believe, drove up on me. Both had some sweet Rims on their cars

We were in traffic at a light when one threw a rev . . . I responded in kind and the other GT followed suit

At the next light the Black one purges on me . . . Oh reeeeeally
I asked what does he run in the 1/4? He replied that he hasn't gone down the track, but he had a 50 shot (obviously had exhaust but I don't know if he had other mods).

He asked me about my car, I told him what it dyno's and he asked if I wanted to play a little . . . 2nd gear roll or something I said sure

Once we cleared, I went to 1st

The Race:
We were at ~30mph.
He does the honking.
We hit it
I hit the clampers at the top of 3rd gear with quite a few cars lead to spare (I might be using the wrong vehicle for description . . . buslengths comes to mind )

I wait for him to catch up and we give each other a thumbs up

He made a u-turn and I proceeded to Salmon and Riblets

Posted to see if he was on here and just wanted to say I had fun and nice run brotha!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Regular

Good kill. I didn't know people actually put 50 shots on their car unless they had a blower?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

Congrats on beating a 13 sec car....

Jon
Old 08-11-2005, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

I run a 50 shot on the street with the Camaro. I just have the RSAs on all the time so its not like I can shoot alot anyway. Its very manageable out of the hole and of course adds quite a bit of umph to the car. Ive done 115 with just the 50 shot before so I think its worth it.

Good kill btw.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Dragon
I was in Plantation, driving along on a beautiful night with the tops off, going to dinner with my Fiance when 2 GT'S, one Grey and one Black I believe, drove up on me. Both had some sweet Rims on their cars

We were in traffic at a light when one threw a rev . . . I responded in kind and the other GT followed suit

At the next light the Black one purges on me . . . Oh reeeeeally
I asked what does he run in the 1/4? He replied that he hasn't gone down the track, but he had a 50 shot (obviously had exhaust but I don't know if he had other mods).

He asked me about my car, I told him what it dyno's and he asked if I wanted to play a little . . . 2nd gear roll or something I said sure

Once we cleared, I went to 1st

The Race:
We were at ~30mph.
He does the honking.
We hit it
I hit the clampers at the top of 3rd gear with quite a few cars lead to spare (I might be using the wrong vehicle for description . . . buslengths comes to mind )

I wait for him to catch up and we give each other a thumbs up

He made a u-turn and I proceeded to Salmon and Riblets

Posted to see if he was on here and just wanted to say I had fun and nice run brotha!
u live in miami and u were in plantation, damn thats a long as commute , but anyways nice kill
Old 08-14-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
Congrats on beating a 13 sec car....
Jon
Thank you

IF you had any sarcasm in there whatsoever . . . here's an FYI:

Living in South Florida I get to race quick cars, high-end exotics, and modified exotics all the time. I beat 13, 12, and 11 second cars frequently but I never feel the need to post them unless I feel they are worthy

Anyone who knows anything about LS1'S could tell you that my car puts well over 150 more thoroubreds to the ground than his does I wasn't posting the kill to brag (why would I when I could post modified NSX kills or the Gallardo I spanked a few weeks back ) but to see, as I mentioned in the post, if he might be on here or frequent this forum (many car people in S. Fl. do).

It was actually very nice of me to run his car knowing full well what the outcome would be

I would eagerly appreciate the same respect if an Enzo were to roll by and I had a chance to run it

If you meant no disrespect than just disregard most of the above

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
Good kill. I didn't know people actually put 50 shots on their car unless they had a blower?
Thanks! I too thought the same as you. My curiousity was peaked since I didn't hear a charger wine or blow-off valve . . . another reason for my post, I wanted to see what other mods he had

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
I run a 50 shot on the street with the Camaro. I just have the RSAs on all the time so its not like I can shoot alot anyway. Its very manageable out of the hole and of course adds quite a bit of umph to the car. Ive done 115 with just the 50 shot before so I think its worth it.

Good kill btw.
Thanks! That's a good mph with a "sneaky pete" of spray If you don't mind my asking, what is your e.t.?

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
u live in miami and u were in plantation, damn thats a long as commute , but anyways nice kil
Thanks bro! I have 84K miles on my 2001 Firehawk Bought Her with less than 30 miles brand new in January of '01; I like to drive A LOT

I'm still lookin' for that SRT4 everyone talks about down here . . . I would love to get a friendly run with him