Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

So heres my story...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 11:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default So heres my story...

Well tonight i finally got out to go cruise with the car guys from around town...... We got...

Me, stated in sig

Steve, LT1 black TA with black rims, has Heads/cam, spray, built bottom end, nittos o nthe rear, M6

Kid with a white LT1 ws6. bone stock A4

Joe, red 98 WS6 with loudmouth, A4, not sure but maybe a few other minor mods, should be same to me or close

This other guy with a stock GTP

Well tonight i went out cruisin with a buddy who is an f-body enthusiast looking to purchase one in near future. We head on the highway and see an older IROC Z so i speed up next to it and pass him to see if he is game.... he doesnt do anything. Than after switching highways to get off at an exit by my house he follows and than he gets right on my ***. So i switch lanes and let him up next to me and he floors it and ido as well. Easy walk as you all no but than he tried agai nwith same results. It was from prolly 50-100. Many many cars. Than we head back to chill and go back out for more. We are chillen and the white lt1 ws6 calls out the GTP. So we head to the race spot and i go out and check for cops and they hit it off from a dig. I ehar a lot of tire spin and the cars than come up into my view and the LT1 wins by a few cars. They come back down to where im at and the LT1 wont race me Gives me somethin bout a friend pump. He said. LS1, yeh right anyway im not stupid. So maybe i can con him into a run sometime later. Than this red ram pulls up and asks me if i want to race this other LT1 TA, I ask the color, he says black. I ask black rims? He goes yeh, why? I know its built and he says i saw you hear and called him up, he should be ehre any minute. So than i hear this sexy roar of head/cam pulling in. He coems in and asks. I told him i was like bone stock. I told him inew bout his car. He goes..... Waste of my time and leaves.... how rude.... So my question is.. What all should i need to take him? That was my first good night out with some car guys.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-20-2005, 11:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I got future mods as follow......

3800 stall with shift kit cooler, etc.
LT headers with true duals with X swapping out my Borla
LS6 intake
MS3 cam
Suspension
Rear and Trans build
Spray

How far down that list do you think ineed to go to take this guy. Im not sure on his exact specs and mods but i no he's a H/C spray LT1. 150 shot id guess. Without spray how much? Thanks

Old 08-20-2005, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

a cam or some spray.

or both...
Old 08-20-2005, 11:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

a cam, and than spray way down the road for me

he is h/c/spray right now. Think full bolt ons with MS3 could more than likely take him N/A?

Old 08-21-2005, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman09
a cam, and than spray way down the road for me

he is h/c/spray right now. Think full bolt ons with MS3 could more than likely take him N/A?
any idea of his cam?

a bigger cammed, full bolt on, stalled car can keep up w/a
smaller cam and heads car.

those mods u listed should do it, considering he does not have a huge cam and great flowing heads.

*not that i am the master
Old 08-21-2005, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H/C spray is kinda vague. He could have some mildly ported heads with a hot cam or he could have some LE3 setup with a 150 shot.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya H/C cars can go from makin 350 RWHP to 450 RWHP with ease. Alot of money to go 450 RWHP though. And then 150 shot, or maybe more if hes crazy, and he is over 600. That is a tough one. Ya best bet is get ya car hookin and launchin AWESOME as you have a A4 and then beat him in a short race. GL man

John
Old 08-21-2005, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Alright thanks. I am unaware of his set up as i said but i no he is H/C/Spray on an LT1 with built bottom end and M6. Well ill finish my bolt ons and add the MS3 and get some stickie tires and few mroe suspension parts and we'll see what happens

Old 08-22-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

Get those stickies and I know what will happen is what will happen to that rear-end. I broke a friends 10 bolt on the street during a roll. Didn't do nothing but bark the tires going into second and pop nice loud thumping sound that shredded 5 teeth of the ring gear and bent the pinion all over the place. So just imagine that thing with some stickies. Is it rare to break a rear like that from a roll?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Superman09
I told him i was like bone stock. I told him inew bout his car. He goes..... Waste of my time and leaves.... how rude.... So my question is.. What all should i need to take him? That was my first good night out with some car guys.
OK,that guy is a pencle D!ck,That guy is such a goof, I wish I was there, I would lead him to believe he's racing the car in my sig and then bust out with me and my brothers 67 Camaro,built 650HP motor + a 300 shot. I hate people that put down other peoples ride's just because their not as fast.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

haha yea, well i wasnt too happy when he said that but it was sort of nice cuz now it gives me a lot more motivation to mod! Yea well i am going to find out on the 10 bolt. We'll see how she goes with bolt ons and stickies. than im going to add the cam and hoepfully she still holds. Than im saving for a 12, hopefully i have a good/lucky 10 bolt that will last me threw bolt on's/cam.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Launching!

strap on a turbo, crank up the boost, and wave bye-bye