Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

RT-10 Truck, and a Turbo Supra...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RT-10 Truck, and a Turbo Supra...

Well while home on vacation (1st -18th of Aug), I got married, and had some work done to the exhaust. Got my header's in and 3in custom exhaust.

Anyway, I was meeting some friends in Clarksville Tn. Then was going on the the 1/8th mile track. Yeah I know short track but heah it's a track.

Anyway, As sson as I get off the park way This truck pulls up next to me and starts pacing me....My exhaust is fairly noticable, but not extremely loud at low R's. Was in 5th and he was right there...I told the wfiey to hold on and as soon as I grabbed the stick to down shift, he jumped....He had a 1/2 length on me when I hit 4th(at 50, I know wrong gear....) Well as the R's kept building I realed him in and got my nose out in front at roughly 120.

Them trucks can run from a roll....****!! LMAO

Well 10 minutes later, driving by a gas station I see a white Supra. Was coming up on a traffic light so I popped it in nuetral and trew a rev, That got his attention and he pulled out going the same way as I....Now at this time, I am kinda sweatin, and told the wife that this is going to be very interesting and that we are going to run hard and fast(If traffic allowed).

Light turns green and I am waiting for him to jump. He does, and we still in first, so I hammered down and mmediately put 2 cars on him, hit 2nd and see Mr Man, and let off and throw down into 4th and let the R's drop to 2k.....

We got side by side again and asked what he had done, he said "exhaust", I replied with "Same here". He then priceeded with I need to get me one of those.....

I know not much of a run with the Supra, but I got a chance at him at the track as well, and took him he run a 10 somethign as I was running shitty 9.2's all night....My ,aunches really suck.

Also got to run an 05 GTO before departing the track. He broke out of second and I took him.....3 cars.....

Sorry for crappy writing...

Just thought to shae with ya guys!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

couldn't save it for the track looks like you had fun, nice kills.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

yeah just a lil fun...But I cant wait until I get back home and to finish my mods....Thinking heads ad cam next...Maybe Intake and TB.....Who knows....
Old 08-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Teching In

great kill man.. whats are you running now? supras are usually faster then that unless it was bone stock
Old 08-25-2005, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

I had a Ram SRT-10 for a while and I really liked it...I just got serious about wanting to go fast.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
Well while home on vacation (1st -18th of Aug), I got married, and had some work done to the exhaust.
congrats!

sounds like you had alot of fun there
Old 08-26-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah had a ton of fun.....I really dont have any real times yet. I havent ben able to get her down the 1/4 yet(I mean the car). As sson as I have some slips I will get them up for ya.....But I dont see that coming until next summer....Hopefully by then I will have heads and cam work done as well.

The Supra was stock, except for the exhaust system....I was really thinking I was going to get raped in that, but then again we really didnt have enough room to get out of 2nd....I still think I would have taken him in his present set up.

Thanks guys