Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Took out an M3 and a WRX

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Took out an M3 and a WRX

Well was heading to my first day of Class tonight and see a Bimmer driving fast through traffic to catch up to me. Hes a younger guy and pulls along side of me laughing, what he was laughing at I don't quite know. SO I ask if he wants to run and he complies and we take it to the freeway, slow down a bit and let traffic clear and he tells me to go first, ok then I only took it up to 110 or so but I pulled a good couple of cars on him form about 70 or so, he was real cool about it though and we exchanged thumbs up and he sped off. I also wanted to note that he was completly stock but definatly a bit cocky, maybe next time he'll remember that an LS1 is nothing to mess with.

Later on I'm heading overt to the GF's and this older guy in a WRX pulls up at a light next to me and gives me "the look" I'm thinkin alright lets see if its more than just a fart can in that thing. Well to my surprise I got off a pretty solid launch with minimal wheel spin and took him by a car through first. A nice chirp to second with a little kick from the rear and he was long gone. Gave him the thumbs up and had to turn right away so I didn't miss the street so I didn't catch his mods.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroitmuscle
Well was heading to my first day of Class tonight and see a Bimmer driving fast through traffic to catch up to me. Hes a younger guy and pulls along side of me laughing, what he was laughing at I don't quite know. SO I ask if he wants to run and he complies and we take it to the freeway, slow down a bit and let traffic clear and he tells me to go first, ok then I only took it up to 110 or so but I pulled a good couple of cars on him form about 70 or so, he was real cool about it though and we exchanged thumbs up and he sped off. I also wanted to note that he was completly stock but definatly a bit cocky, maybe next time he'll remember that an LS1 is nothing to mess with.

Later on I'm heading overt to the GF's and this older guy in a WRX pulls up at a light next to me and gives me "the look" I'm thinkin alright lets see if its more than just a fart can in that thing. Well to my surprise I got off a pretty solid launch with minimal wheel spin and took him by a car through first. A nice chirp to second with a little kick from the rear and he was long gone. Gave him the thumbs up and had to turn right away so I didn't miss the street so I didn't catch his mods.
nice kills, glad u put em both in their place
Old 08-25-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Teching In

was it the older M3 or the newer one
Old 08-25-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pretty sure it was the older one. They really are beautiful cars but a little too expensive for my taste.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Pretty sure it was the older one. They really are beautiful cars but a little too expensive for my taste.
yah the older ones are a lot slower. I agree with you they are pricey
Old 08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

damn i like your sig CBM3
yea if it were a knew one it woulda been a lot closer
good kills man
Old 08-25-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know that Sig makes me want one, the car maybe too.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Some of those WRX's are getting quick, not just the STI model either. My cousin should be into the 12's on his current set-up and low 12's maybe 11's in a couple months.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DAn95
good kills man
thanks bud.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Teching In

I know that Sig makes me want one, the car maybe too.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

To tell you the truth, ive never been in an LSx car ...so i have nothing to compare to, but M3's are sick.

My uncles have had numerous ones (97 4dr, 98 vert, 02 coupe)...and ive been em in all. Actually, like 2 weeks after i got my learners permit, my uncle let me drive his 02 M3...and let me tell you that thing was FAST. Floored it from a standstill and it barely chirped the tires and just rocketed it up to like 70 MPH.

I'm in no way saying their faster thann LS1's, but stock vs stock it would be a drivers race. Too bad M3's dont gain much from modding (thats what i hear atleast).
Old 08-27-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh there is no doubt in my mind that they are very fast cars and quite nice to look at, I'd just rather be in a loud and mean looking piece of American Muscle.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

You've had a busy day!
Old 08-27-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I guess its just my luck latly, I seem to get a lot of attention and people that want to race. Not that I mind it, its all in good fun to me.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Teching In

To tell you the truth, ive never been in an LSx car ...so i have nothing to compare to, but M3's are sick.

My uncles have had numerous ones (97 4dr, 98 vert, 02 coupe)...and ive been em in all. Actually, like 2 weeks after i got my learners permit, my uncle let me drive his 02 M3...and let me tell you that thing was FAST. Floored it from a standstill and it barely chirped the tires and just rocketed it up to like 70 MPH.

I'm in no way saying their faster thann LS1's, but stock vs stock it would be a drivers race. Too bad M3's dont gain much from modding (thats what i hear atleast).

Anything is quick 2 weeks after you get your learners permit. I thought my Old Z las the fastest before i raced a eclipse and lost
Old 08-28-2005, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DAn95
good kills man
I thought I was the only who noticed the sig also, nice. Good kills to thread starter.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AMack

yah unfortunatly they dont respond to mods thats well.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Oh there is no doubt in my mind that they are very fast cars and quite nice to look at, I'd just rather be in a loud and mean looking piece of American Muscle.
hey to each their own. Everybody has a different taste in cars.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wicked02SS
I thought I was the only who noticed the sig also, nice. Good kills to thread starter.
hehe glad you like she sig