Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A Terminator couldn't terminate me

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Terminator couldn't terminate me

I finally got a chance to run one of these Cobras the other day. It's a black 03 with Borla exhaust with no cats and a fipk that put down 419rwhp (I watched it). I know the guy somewhat and ran into him at a car dealership. I convinced him into a race as I wanted to see how close I am to one of these things with the stock pulley. We head over to get his car which is currently for sale at the Advance Auto Parts store. We get to the interstate which is desolate. I wanted to go from a dig, but he didn't as he can never get traction (I can't either as my Z tires are bald), so we go from 20mph. He spun and I hooked so that race was shut down so we try again at 40 in 2nd. We did the 3 horn count, and took off, neither of us getting a jump on the other. The whole race it was door to door. I had to stop at the end of 4th (130mph) because my shift fork is bent and it won't stay in 5th.

My car is running better now that it's not running lean anymore, but aside from a 150lb passenger he had, I don't see how I kept up with him. His car only has 8k miles, and he's taken good care of it. I also beat a gutted Civic hatch that weighs a little over 2000lbs and running 10psi of boost (he put down 261rwhp on the same dyno) by about 1.5 carlengths from 40-130 so the Cobra race wasn't a fluke. Maybe my car is a bit of a freak. Either way, I can't wait to get a cam for this thing.

Jason
Old 09-01-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Default A Terminator couldn't terminate me

I finally got a chance to run one of these Cobras the other day. It's a black 03 with Borla exhaust with no cats and a fipk that put down 419rwhp (I watched it). I know the guy somewhat and ran into him at a car dealership. I convinced him into a race as I wanted to see how close I am to one of these things with the stock pulley. We head over to get his car which is currently for sale at the Advance Auto Parts store. We get to the interstate which is desolate. I wanted to go from a dig, but he didn't as he can never get traction (I can't either as my Z tires are bald), so we go from 20mph. He spun and I hooked so that race was shut down so we try again at 40 in 2nd. We did the 3 horn count, and took off, neither of us getting a jump on the other. The whole race it was door to door. I had to stop at the end of 4th (130mph) because my shift fork is bent and it won't stay in 5th.

My car is running better now that it's not running lean anymore, but aside from a 150lb passenger he had, I don't see how I kept up with him. His car only has 8k miles, and he's taken good care of it. I also beat a gutted Civic hatch that weighs a little over 2000lbs and running 10psi of boost (he put down 261rwhp on the same dyno) by about 1.5 carlengths from 40-130 so the Cobra race wasn't a fluke. Maybe my car is a bit of a freak. Either way, I can't wait to get a cam for this thing.

Jason
Old 09-01-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry about the double post. My computer has been acting up lately.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice Kill!!! let us know your stats when you get your cam!
Old 09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Hell Yeah. I was waiting for someone to post a 03Cobra Kill. Congrats cause I seen a couple of those on nitrous at the street races.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

good kill
Old 09-11-2005, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by El Tiviris
Hell Yeah. I was waiting for someone to post a 03Cobra Kill. Congrats cause I seen a couple of those on nitrous at the street races.
i have quite a few bolt-on 03 cobra kills under my belt. i usually choose not to post them however because it is a traction thing. they have the CAPABILITY with bolt-ons and pulleys to go mid-low 11's, but the fact is many of them do not go nearly that fast- especially on the street. driver is big, they are subject to wheel hop which scares most drivers out of really trying to launch them hard.

just funny you say that because i take them out all of the time- but only the mild-bolt on ones and only some of them. it seems like certain ones are freaks and certain ones are not. i'll say it again, driver is important. i get a good hole on them and they have to play catchup! if they have enough they catch up if they don't they loose!

GOOD KILL!
Old 09-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Terminator kills are fun aren't they? I killed a stock 03 in a roll race before the Procharger and had 340rwhp. At the time mods were 3.73's, underdrive pulley, ported tb, lid and catback. The other two kills were pullied Cobras and pulled them hard now that I have 472rwhp 447rwtq.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill. post up your numbers when you get the cam.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill!!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

I havent lost to yet, but Im sure its just a matter of time. Nice kill man
Old 09-12-2005, 03:20 AM
11 Second Club

how much for his car? im thinkin bout gettin one of them too...

steve
Old 09-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Launching!

sweet run...

I was also dead even with a bone stock one.... But the exhaust makes a big differnce... especially after a Chip and Pulley... then you really need big mods to hang... They are fast as **** with minor ammounts of work.....
Old 09-12-2005, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by exit
sweet run...

I was also dead even with a bone stock one.... But the exhaust makes a big differnce... especially after a Chip and Pulley... then you really need big mods to hang... They are fast as **** with minor ammounts of work.....
tru.. u either need a heads and cam package or a power adder, but the cheapest way to go is spray..
Old 09-12-2005, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by exit
sweet run...

hey exit, u up for a friendly run?
Old 09-12-2005, 04:33 PM
FormerVendor

I'll have a video coming soon for you guys