Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran an evo and 05gt

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ran an evo and 05gt

Went to McDonald's today and noticed a yellow evo parked out front with Florida plates. As I was leaving an older professional dressed man got in it and I pulled in behind him at the exit. As we came to the intersection he was turning right heading down the feeder. He mashed the throttle, not being polite enough to let me get beside him. I followed suit but as I was in the upper rpms of 2nd, I hit a wet spot in the road and redlined. We took the next left and soon as I was behind him at a light. I was counting on him leaving the line hard but he didn't hit it til the top of first. I quickly made up ground and got in the next lane as I pulled him much easier than I suspected. After having 2 cars on him I quickly shut it down and waved as he passed. My car isn't all that quick NA so I was surprised how easily I pulled on him?

Later today I ran into a friend in his 05 gt. He said he was on his way to the dealership to trade it in on an 04 cobra? We then decided to play around and I gave him a couple cars lead before chasing him down. I waved as I passed, knowing he'll be coming back with a cobra.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Launching!

05 'Stangs are just as overrated as all stock 'Stangs, sans the 03-04 Cobras.

An H/C LS1 should take a stock EVO, of course the AWD should leave you off the line. Also, previous years of EVOs weren't nearly as well-tuned as the 05. What year was your EVO?

either way, nice kills...
Old 09-03-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT

An H/C LS1 should take a stock EVO
either way, nice kills...

Should? I would think a stock LS1 would be a driver's race and a h/c should blow it away. As far as the year, I don't know that much about them. Same gay spoiler and two vents in the hood covered in mesh?
Old 09-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
05 'Stangs are just as overrated as all stock 'Stangs, sans the 03-04 Cobras.
Actualy they dyno 270hp to the rear stock so they are actualy under rated a bit. Mid 13's isn't bad at all for a stock car,yeah a LS1 is faster,because ford won't put a decent size motor in the mustang,they are stuck on the 4.6 for some reason.