Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The AMG's revenge: WS6 vs. AMG C32

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 01:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The AMG's revenge: WS6 vs. AMG C32

First a little history:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/339594-ws6-vs-supercharged-amg-c32.html

I raced this guy a while back in his lightly modded Mercedes AMG C32 (S/C'd V6) and gotten away with a win, but I always knew he took it easy on me comming out of the hole. How easy? Well I found out tonight.. the hard way. Damn those Germans and their dead-gripping automatics!

So there I am meeting up with someone at a parking lot where evidently a few car folks had gathered. Noticed a few Mustangs, WRX, the obligatory skittle, the usual. Drop off the peice and jump back in the Firechicken to head home, but just as I begin to pull out I hear "hey is that Dave!?". I immediatley stop and back up only to find my buddy with the C32 whom I hadn't seen in forever. So we say our hellos and it doesn't take long for him to shoot the question.. "so when we gonna have that rematch?"

I honestly had no intention of running anybody tonight, but hey I can't refuse a good race. So I say "whenever dude" and we decide to do it right there. The Benz pops put behind me and we head over to west 8th St where the roads are still relativley quiet and wide open. Eveything is dead quiet, 3 lanes are wide open, so after scoping out our stretch for any problems, we hook a U and line em' up.. ready to rock n roll

Windows up, he agrees to honk us off. Ease up the revs just a touch and glance over to make sure TCS is infact off. The 3 count is given and on 3 we're both off and running... but while I do the tail slide dance for a moment, that bastard C32 just get's up and GOES!! First gear comes and goes, grab 2nd with a fury but that Benz is a solid 3 cars up on me, "this isn't looking" I tell myself as I ****** 3rd but alas, the tide turns and I'm gaining ground on his tail now in quite a hurry. Ring out every last rev 3rd would give me and slam 4th, I've now pulled all the way back to his bumper but we both know the 1/4 mile is ending soon ..too soon for me. I managed to get my nose up to his fender by the time he shut down, I was pulling pretty hard but it was evident that he'd gotten the better of me this time.

Oh well, you win some... yea you know the rest. Just gives me more motivation to slap a set of stickies out back and toss that silly bottle on the car once and for all, ahh yes, the flight of the Firechicken will return soon

Cliffs: Bumped into an old buddy with a C32, Benz redeemed himself for the first race, and Miami sucks with no A/C
Old 09-09-2005, 07:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good run. It didn't have much to do with power as you clearly have the faster car, was just all about traction, or lack of

btw, why don't you have a/c? You removed it? Is your car lightened alot? If so, thats even more of a shame!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah.. compressor just quit on me the other day!