Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I made Mr. Iroc Cry tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I made Mr. Iroc Cry tonight

Well the girlfriend she decided she wanted to go back to her house tonight after I got out of work. So I told her I'd meet her at her house because I was hungry so I went to grab a "healthy" snack from Mc Donalds. They were actually fast for once, but you could tell my cheeseburger wasn't fresh.

So anyways I got onto the highway to head to her house. After catching one of the lights, I somewhat got into it taking off and continued my way to the gf's house. I pass another light 3 miles down and I noticed a car coming up on me somewhat fast. I'm thinking nothing of it and I just sped up some to 65 (speed limit 55). It get's closer and after a quick glance in the mirror I thought it was a 79ish mustang that had the 4 square headlights, but as he crep up to me I noticed it was one of these:

I'm not sure what year it was, but it was black and definately an Iroc. (not sure if theyre are year to year differences in body styles? I know about the engines) He was alone, and I was alone w/ lotsa gas in the tank and the street tires. I really couldn't tell if it was a manual or automatic, but I was pretty sure it was an auto. He got beside me and I didn't think he'd want to have a go, but he punched it, so feeling good, I manually dropped the car into 3rd gear. By 90 mph I was passing him, then I had to slow down for the traffic ahead. He passed me and gave me the thumps up.

A few minutes later after doing some passing, I caught up to him at the light. I figured he'd want to go again, so when the light turned green we both went WOT. He must have burned the tires up until a good 15-20mph while I burned them all through first gear. The car was going sideways some, and I made a quick adjustment and stayed in it. The whole time he was slighltly behind my front door. Then I caught traction as the car went into 2nd and I just conquered him. At 75mph he was at least 3 car lenghts behind me (I could see his entire car in my rear view mirror) and was quickly falling behind. I shut down and changed langes to make the left hand turn to go to my girlfriend's house and as he passed me I waived and got a thumbs up in return.

I'm glad to race someone who's a good sport

and yes I was driving the Boat Roadmaster in my signature. It's a bolt on car w/ 150k on the motor even icluding the worthless opti (that's getting replaced friday)
Old 09-13-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i guess from your post i assumed he was literally whining to you about losing to such a large car, pretty impressive for such a boat!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

when io first when i was reading this i thought u had a camaro and i was thinking to my self, dude u shoulda smoked that iroc cuz there is no way my old 350 was even close to my 2000, but then i realized u didnt have a camaro. anyways good kill!