Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Anybody ever raced a light weight Civic with a Prelude engine?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
There ARE fast imports, and there are even fast hondas.

That being said, normally most hondas that belong to "the friend of this dude I know" are anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds (to 60mph ) slower than advertised.

i had to edit your post..sorry..lol

its a shame...most honda owners think their cars are god...when they are actually slow. I'm in the market for a crx though...that I want to swap a h22 into it for a DD. it won't be the fastest thing in the world..but i'm sure it'll be a lot better in the snow than my SS. there is a guy in my town taht has a black 99 coupe. he swapped a b16 into it and thinks its the fastest car on earth now..and runs his mouth...and rides around town at like 5krpms..its really annoying. i finally shut hit up when we were at a stop light on the highway...and i murdered him to about 60..cause i don't need tickets...ever sicne then..he hasn't said anything to me.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Get out of here with that LT1 "might" lose rubish.

If it were a h22 and he raced a 3600 series V6 he might have beat him... If he raced any one with a 350 and knew how to drive he's full of it.

With the h22 he may be lucky to be in the 13's... were do these 12 second combo's come from... I used to be on the other side of the fence, and even then with all the swaps our cars ran 13's and 14's.

did i say anything bad about a lt1 , did i say it would lose, no i sayed might.
All i know is that my my firend with a 03 Gt has been beat by imports with engine swaps a few times and he beats lt1 f-bodies pretty easy.

The 12 second combo caomes from bolt-on fully gutted cars that weight in at 1600-2000 with driver.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Get out of here with that LT1 "might" lose rubish.

If it were a h22 and he raced a 3600 series V6 he might have beat him... If he raced any one with a 350 and knew how to drive he's full of it.

With the h22 he may be lucky to be in the 13's... were do these 12 second combo's come from... I used to be on the other side of the fence, and even then with all the swaps our cars ran 13's and 14's.

did i say anything bad about a lt1 , did i say it would lose, no i sayed might.
All i know is that my my firend with a 03 Gt has been beat by imports with engine swaps a few times and he beats lt1 f-bodies pretty easy.

The 12 second combo comes from bolt-on fully gutted cars that weight in at 1600-2000 with driver.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Here is his sig picture...I'll post the video as soon as I find it.

Last edited by REDSS01; 09-19-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Thats one ugly 12.8 sec car. I would rather drive a family car that ran 16s then drive that. I always hated civics back then and now because their so ugly.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:17 AM
TECH Resident

I had a intake head and a 2nd 6 bolt shortblock (well sans OE rods and pistons) engine disassembled and straped down in my hatch and I destroyed one of them 0-60...

The coil over spring rates and shocks I use were recomended by a winning autocrosser and it didnt seem to sag or ride bad at all...

The prelude was one of my brothers friends. He knew I could beat him but did'nt think I could with the extra weight. My brother sent me an email he got to forward... "now I believe you when you said your bros car ran low 10s and probably soon 9's"

I also had a passenger who I was building the engine for plus some other other assorted parts plus the jack and donut spare that gets pulled at the track..

I also have the full oe leather pwr seats, pwr everything, ps, and AC...
Old 09-19-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by redbeast
Just like the title says. Reason I'm asking is because I was at Jiffy Lube gettin an oil change a few weeks back when one fo the guys who works there asked me if I race my TA at all. Which I told him I don't race. Well he started telling my a story how a friend of his who has a newer Civic hatch back(not the SI maybe late 90s model) with a late model Prelude engine and carbon fiber body panels. According to him his friend destroyed a WS6 TA on the street. Now I know anything can happen on the street but I just don't see this happenning.
I haven't read all the posts so this may well have been covered.

Could it win - certainly.

If they really have Carbon fibre panels, well theyd be costing $3-5k a panel so they would certainly have enough money to add a few tricks to the engine.

However they probably haven't spent that kind of money so it may be fairly quick, but it ain't gonna be stella.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

My personal experience, My girlfriend was driving, we were in the 99 30th T/A. Now this car is stock, I did the EGR mod and full synthetics. We were at a light when a Civic pulled up next to use and revved his engine. My girlfriend figured she could take him. My girlfriend just rolled off of the light and then nailed it. That damn Civic nailed it a split sec later and never left my door. I kept looking at the thing in amazement. Come to find out, he had N2O. So I think anything is possible. However, I wouldn't waste my time with a Civic, when I can put a V8 in my Fiero.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Launching!

It seems that car has nothing on it but a shell... some slicks and a driver...

There has to be more in the engine than just a swap... but those CVCC civics... were pretty compact.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Bolt-ons only!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Teching In

A hatch with a h22 can be quick. A few swaps around here are sneaky, sneaky and run nitrous. Without it, I don't think a hatch would win against a LS1. However if you are stock, I'm sure he will give you a good run.

Just a note, I've seen my friend on the highway walk a WS6 twice. He had a prelude with a bunch of bolt ons and a Jackson charger. I beat a modded LT1 twice in a street race when I had a Type R and a jackson charger w. an upgrade pulley and water/alky injection. So you never know.......