Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just wasted a porsche 911 S

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this isnt exagerated, then it is just plain sad. Guy cant just enjoy his new ride he has to try to rub it in everyone elses face. Good kill and dont sweat him. He bought that porsche for all the wrong reasons.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calebs01formula
If this isnt exagerated, then it is just plain sad. Guy cant just enjoy his new ride he has to try to rub it in everyone elses face. Good kill and dont sweat him. He bought that porsche for all the wrong reasons.
Yup, hate it when people do that. Try to rub it in your face that they have a more expensive car and instantly think since it cost more it must be faster. One of my buddies got an M3 (sweet *** car by the way) and although he didnt say it I could tell he though his car was faster than mine (you guys know what i mean). He is one of my few friends who doesnt know a lot about cars, and even though hes been in mine plenty he still thought his vert M3 was faster than my z28. So finally, I ask him if he wants to have a friendly run and he is grinning ear to ear, so we go out to route 9 (local 2 lane road near my house) and we go from a 45 mph roll and I beat him by 5 carlengths to about 100 mph. Now he sucks at driving so before anyone says anything I obviously took that into account in the win but the look on his face was priceless. Now thats not saying his M3 isnt an amazing car as its quite a nice piece of machinery, but still he naturally though his car was faster because it was way more expensive than my lowly f-body. I considered a whole bunch of options for a new car, even an M3, but when it came down to it I couldnt part with my z28 so I went with a navigator for the winters and couldnt be happier. Plus, it feels even better when you beat someone in a high performance luxury car in an f-body.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well porsche's are ment to be handleing around turns with hi speeds...instead of just goin in a straight line. they are also made to go past 160 mph (STOCK) with a flat 6. but nice kill.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

every body read this

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~hartley/iroc/z28vs911.html
Old 11-18-2005, 06:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ta12sec
Yeah read it before. It's OLD. The new Porsche is a very different car.

On Top Gear last week they tested the new Aston Martin V8 against the BMW M6 and the Porsche 911 Carrera (not S, just the bog standard entry model).

They raced them over a set distance on the Isle of Man, the weather was amittidly terriable.

The Aston has 380bhp
The M6 500bhp
And the Porshce 320bhp (I think)

The Aston and BMW recorded almost identical times down to the tenth of a second. The Porshce was a FULL 6 seconds quicker.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Great story and great kill. that is one bad-*** WS6 you have! I'm guess it's pushing close to 600rwhp on the juice, add in the coverter and DR's and it's certainly more than enough to destroy a 911 turbo. Those 911 turbos are awesome and very fast sports cars no doubt but he is a moron for not only thinking it's the best performing car in the world, but automatically thinking he would waste you without even checking all your mods. If I see a WS6 with a custom paint job, making a rumble, and having DR's out back I would never automatically assume I could beat it in anything short of a rocket powered drag car, lol.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I say take off the slicks and go give him one mean *** burnout at 2 in the morning, then race him again and kill him. Also ask him if he would like to race you without the LS1 next time... or maybe without gas? Poor 911 needs every break it can get, right?

And never stop giving him **** about the MULTIPLE times you murdered him. The best way you can do this is wait till he invites your family over for a birthday or something and sneak up on him while he's bragging about his car to frineds/family and just end his long rant with "But, I beat him with my dinosaur."

That of course is assuming he ever invites your family over.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

the drag radials shouldnt be a problem since the turbo is awd.