Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Chris Johnson 20/20 Trans Am Guy...Remember him!

Old 11-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by King02SS
I'm with you on that one Jimbo. Also even if it did have 90k in it, 10s are kind of weak for 90k in mods. Unless he can do something other than just drag race and drive with it.
Yeah, if i had $90k to throw in my car I'd be running 5's .

As to running 10's on motor, Im not so sure about his car doing it. Unless he's spraying or boosting, that 129mph is showing SOME horsepower there. Then again, Im basing this fully on the unknown timeslip I pulled up in his personal archives.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Jimbo
Yeah, if i had $90k to throw in my car I'd be running 5's .

As to running 10's on motor, Im not so sure about his car doing it. Unless he's spraying or boosting, that 129mph is showing SOME horsepower there. Then again, Im basing this fully on the unknown timeslip I pulled up in his personal archives.
He did have an a/f guage there could be something extra in there, who knows. Something tells me we'll never see him on here to let us know what it really has.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

where is his web page? I feel the guy may be a bit of a doof for the way he lives as opossed to his ride/rides. But to be honest the mustang guy is the *** if you ask me. The video put the guy in the worst possible light. It looked like Michael Moore could have made it.LOL. Still I guess his car habit is better than dope or gambling.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, you sure have your thong in a wad.

I had to resurrect this screen name.. I haven't used it in ~3+ years.

Just because my brother talks **** to you, doesn't mean that I have *anything* to do with it. Hell, I have no idea who you are.. and honestly, don't care.

It's plain and simple, I don't street race any more, and I haven't since '01. I just refuse to do it. I've got 3 kids and a wife to think about. Working in hospitals doesn't help much either.

It's nice that everyone thinks that my car is driven everywhere, but, my car doesn't do much other than sit in the garage, collect dust, and see a road race track maybe once a month. I've put no more than 3000 miles on it in the past 4 years.

My big cube engine was removed about 2 weeks ago and will probably be for sale soon. The car was @ RPM today.. it made a MASSIVE 413hp to the wheels. If you can't eat me alive at this point, you suck. I won't even bother trying... not because I can't.. just because I don't care.

The car probably has one more race season in it, and then it's on to something else.

But yeah, load up your trailer queen, drive up here, unload your trailer queen, hope that you don't have to drive more that 5 miles for fear that your car will over heat, race me, then put your car back on the trailer, and drive home... I drove almost 600 miles up here in my car, and I'll drive it back as well.

The rest of you that really think that I spent $90k on my car, are just as stupid as 1/2 the rest of the people on the intarweb that have seen the orig. video, or some other rendition of it. To this DAY, I bet I'm under 12-13k in *TOTAL* cost for mods into the car, including replacing broken parts. Yes, the interview made me look like a jack ***... but, it was 4 YEARS AGO Your welcome to search other forums for posts like these that I've replied to that explain what really went on.

That being said, does bringing up the whole 20/20 thing give you credibility? Does it make you feel big? Ohh.. Hey! I know this guy who knows this guy who went to school with some guy who was on TV who says his car is fast, blah blah blah - If you wanted my attention.. my email address is on my site.

When I did my heads and cam, yes, it really did cost a lot more than it does today... add into that the fact that I handed my engine to the shop in a BOX, I paid labor, a 350 mile tow, headers, Y pipe, exhaust, intake, tune, missing parts, etc.. GTP heads were stupid expensive (IIRC, $2800), cams ran $500.... $6k was easy.

Yes, the car did run 10.4@131... and my definition of street tires and yours, is completely different than what you think and what others lead you to believe... what I run on the street, are my street tires.. In the past 3 years, they have either been 555RII's or GS-CS's... Yes, I run 315 GS-CS's on all 4 corners on the street, almost all the time.

I feel no need to justify anything to anybody.. I have a great family, I live in a great house that I own, have a great job, company car, money in the bank, I take vacations with my family, etc, etc. Yes, I've grown up a lot in the past 4 years.

If someone wants to talk **** to you, let them do it.. It's obvious you've got some sort of an issue with it.. you won't hear it come from me, because I -just-don't-care.

Move on.

You look like a god damn fool.

Last edited by Chris Johnson 00 T/A; 11-23-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris Johnson 00 T/A
Wow, you sure have your thong in a wad.

I had to resurrect this screen name.. I haven't used it in ~3+ years.

Just because my brother talks **** to you, doesn't mean that I have *anything* to do with it. Hell, I have no idea who you are.. and honestly, don't care.

It's plain and simple, I don't street race any more, and I haven't since '01. I just refuse to do it. I've got 3 kids and a wife to think about. Working in hospitals doesn't help much either.

It's nice that everyone thinks that my car is driven everywhere, but, my car doesn't do much other than sit in the garage, collect dust, and see a road race track maybe once a month. I've put no more than 3000 miles on it in the past 4 years.

My big cube engine was removed about 2 weeks ago and will probably be for sale soon. The car was @ RPM today.. it made a MASSIVE 413hp to the wheels. If you can't eat me alive at this point, you suck. I won't even bother trying... not because I can't.. just because I don't care.

The car probably has one more race season in it, and then it's on to something else.

But yeah, load up your trailer queen, drive up here, unload your trailer queen, hope that you don't have to drive more that 5 miles for fear that your car will over heat, race me, then put your car back on the trailer, and drive home... I drove almost 600 miles up here in my car, and I'll drive it back as well.

The rest of you that really think that I spent $90k on my car, are just as stupid as 1/2 the rest of the people on the intarweb that have seen the orig. video, or some other rendition of it. To this DAY, I bet I'm under 12-13k in *TOTAL* cost for mods into the car, including replacing broken parts. Yes, the interview made me look like a jack ***... but, it was 4 YEARS AGO Your welcome to search other forums for posts like these that I've replied to that explain what really went on.

That being said, does bringing up the whole 20/20 thing give you credibility? Does it make you feel big? Ohh.. Hey! I know this guy who knows this guy who went to school with some guy who was on TV who says his car is fast, blah blah blah - If you wanted my attention.. my email address is on my site.

When I did my heads and cam, yes, it really did cost a lot more than it does today... add into that the fact that I handed my engine to the shop in a BOX, I paid labor, a 350 mile tow, headers, Y pipe, exhaust, intake, tune, missing parts, etc.. GTP heads were stupid expensive (IIRC, $2800), cams ran $500.... $6k was easy.

Yes, the car did run 10.4@131... and my definition of street tires and yours, is completely different than what you think and what others lead you to believe... what I run on the street, are my street tires.. In the past 3 years, they have either been 555RII's or GS-CS's... Yes, I run 315 GS-CS's on all 4 corners on the street, almost all the time.

I feel no need to justify anything to anybody.. I have a great family, I live in a great house that I own, have a great job, company car, money in the bank, I take vacations with my family, etc, etc. Yes, I've grown up a lot in the past 4 years.

If someone wants to talk **** to you, let them do it.. It's obvious you've got some sort of an issue with it.. you won't hear it come from me, because I -just-don't-care.

Move on.

You look like a god damn fool.
So are you trying to fool us, or yourself? Frankly i'd just like to know how you got on 20/20. Since you've seen it first hand, do they actively search for douche bags to interview, or did you win a raffle somewhere?

you're trying to act all nonchalant, like you "just-don't-care", which is useless on the internet since all it does is prove to everyone that even though you have "grown up" you still are not above lowering yourself to the expectations of others. You were the one who set up the whole "untouchable" image, so why try to justify your actions if you just want to fade into obscurity?

Are we supposed to agree with you? Are we supposed to praise you for realizing that there are more important things than changing your own oil, lying about your engine mods, and pussing out of races like some kind of recovering narcotic user?

So you have a wife and kids, great. You moved out of your apartment and bought a house, great. Just because you finally did those things does not justify years of obvious neglect. You're supposed to support your family and you're not supposed to put them on the backburner for a few years while you mod your car and try to find yourself. You're a grown man for god's sake. ******* act like it.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
So are you trying to fool us, or yourself? Frankly i'd just like to know how you got on 20/20. Since you've seen it first hand, do they actively search for douche bags to interview, or did you win a raffle somewhere?

you're trying to act all nonchalant, like you "just-don't-care", which is useless on the internet since all it does is prove to everyone that even though you have "grown up" you still are not above lowering yourself to the expectations of others. You were the one who set up the whole "untouchable" image, so why try to justify your actions if you just want to fade into obscurity?

Are we supposed to agree with you? Are we supposed to praise you for realizing that there are more important things than changing your own oil, lying about your engine mods, and pussing out of races like some kind of recovering narcotic user?

So you have a wife and kids, great. You moved out of your apartment and bought a house, great. Just because you finally did those things does not justify years of obvious neglect. You're supposed to support your family and you're not supposed to put them on the backburner for a few years while you mod your car and try to find yourself. You're a grown man for god's sake. ******* act like it.
Well said.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

You know even before reading what he posted I don't see the reason everyone hates this guy. I don't see why he was on 20/20 but I don't see how him getting on there is any huge deal. I don't see where he lied about his mods. The original poster never even talked to him he talked to his brother. Also as far as people talking **** and instigating races for him I can feel that I've got two roomates who do the same for me. It gets old really fast. I guess I'd just have to see the interview to know why everyone got all this hate.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Neglect? Of what? Surely not my family, or anything else. I had a house and and she had the apartment at the time. It was common for me to spend the night, sometimes a week at a time when I was working in the Plano area. I swear you have to be included in the group of 'morons' who took the video for what they showed you, and not for was really happened. Don't act like you know the whole story.. you, like others, were not there, but seem to like to judge me on something that was overly biased.

Also, your time frame is waaay off.. I had the car, and it was modified well before I met my wife. Yes, I had 3 car payments and all that other crap that goes along with it when I met her, but, who doesn't have at least 2 with a S/O around? Not that it makes any difference, but, all 3 cars were promptly paid off shortly after my daughters birth. $0 car payments, and even more money went into my house and 'Isabelle' funds. Since August '01, when she was born, and the cars were all paid off, I have spent not a penny more than a couple hundred bucks in the past 5 years on the T/A. My only exceptions to those were my big cube motor that I built in my garage that took me a YEAR after that show aired (Total cost was ~4k-ish), and I just spent some cash having my tranny rebuilt and the engine tuned for the now stock cube motor. Does that sound like excessive spending on the car? I promise that almost everyone reading this thread as spent a LOT more money on their cars in the past *5* years than I have.

No lies about what my car had, or didn't have.. when asked, I told just about everyone that it was bone stock with a dead miss and a big exhaust leak. I'm sure thats not much different than a lot of people around here. Not untouchable, just none of their business. How is that ANY different than the OP when he was talking to my brother? Hell, look at his sig..

*anyone* who wanted to race me was invited out to a specific track.. nobody has EVER shown up to race me. EVER.

Trust me, I wish that this would fade into obscurity, but there are still people that just have to bring stupid **** up that need to be set straight. I guess my only chance at that really happening is to sell the car.. thats a shame, because I like driving it. Funny thing is.. I've been active on every major ls1 board in the past year or so, and have had -0- issues with anybody. Plenty of great conversations, both technical and off topic, transactions, whatever.

The OP said that I was talking ****, when in reality, it wasn't me. I had nothing to do with it, and now some of you have brought up stuff that is nothing more than the fact that they think they hear something, when it clearly says something else.

I guess I'm own3d yet again

Last edited by Chris Johnson 00 T/A; 11-23-2005 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by King02SS
I guess I'd just have to see the interview to know why everyone got all this hate.
People have this 'hate' because they are ignorant of the facts.

Yes, admittedly, I looked like a jack *** to the world.. I wish I could take those 15 minutes of my life back, or at the very least talk to the producer who decided to put the spin on the story like he did. I *knew* when things were shutting down and they started asking me questions about The Fast and the Furious, I was in trouble.

Any reasonable person can see that the video is heavily chopped and pieced together to tell the story that they wanted to tell... some 'evil' person who spends all his money on his toys, etc. Some of the things that I said during the interview, I was asked to dumb down and combine for simplicity. My life is not, nor was even remotely close to that... ever... yet, every one of you seem to think so because you've seen this video.

Last edited by Chris Johnson 00 T/A; 11-23-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, admittedly, I looked like a jack *** to the world.. I wish I could take those 15 minutes of my life back, or at the very least talk to the producer who decided to put the spin on the story like he did. I *knew* when things were shutting down and they started asking me questions about The Fast and the Furious, I was in trouble.

Any reasonable person can see that the video is heavily chopped and pieced together to tell the story that they wanted to tell... some 'evil' person who spends all his money on his toys, etc. Some of the things that I said during the interview, I was asked to dumb down and combine for simplicity. My life is not, nor was even remotely close to that... ever... yet, every one of you seem to think so because you've seen this video.
Probably because if you didn't dumb things down you might look smarter than they were and that's not the image they wanted to paste all over the tv. I hate the way the media works. No worries man you'll never please the whole world.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tiburon
This does not sound like Chris.

yep... i know this for a fact
Old 11-24-2005, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the video a long time ago, so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it say you spent $90,000 on mods? If so, how did that happen?
Old 11-24-2005, 03:00 AM
Launching!

I would never let myself apear on 20/20...you know they are going to bend the truth just to make a good story. Guy neglects his family and spends 90k on car and street races (sounds pretty interesting, no?) Take it for what it is....most of the news out there is a buch of bullshit. I'm sure this guy chris is just a normal guy who got chewed up and spit out by the media.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

no ****, leave the guy alone
Old 11-24-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow.... i love the inter-drama.

Chris you shouldnt feel the need to justify yourself to some of the judgemental people on this site. The media is evil, and is twisted to portray what they want..... end of story! Don't feed the trolls!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

hey chris, it's mike with the other pewter t/a in harlingen. if anyone really knows this guy he would not street race even if pushed. i know a few times he cruised with us in a line of probably 20-30 cars and wouldn't race. so stop the bs and move on with your lives and let chris get on with his.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SporkLover
Chris you shouldnt feel the need to justify yourself to some of the judgemental people on this site. The media is evil, and is twisted to portray what they want..... end of story! Don't feed the trolls!

Old 11-25-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Damn another 20/20 street race thread people need to realize the media is basicaly run by Michael Moore wannabe's.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SporkLover
Wow.... i love the inter-drama.

Exactly. No need to justify to anyone, who the **** cares what other people on an internet forum think, you got to go on 20/20, it didnt turn out like you thought, but hey how many people can say they have been on national tv talking about their own car? I didnt see the interview but i can only imagine how they spliced the thing together to make the story more "interesting" (making you look bad). People are going to talk **** because everyone tries to be an internet tough guy, and its pretty sad. Good luck in the future man!
Old 11-25-2005, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Just curious, but what was the deal with this Predator homo making that video insulting you? Did you ever get to run him?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chris Johnson 20/20 Trans Am Guy...Remember him!