Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

me vs viper

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default me vs viper

was on my way home from school and i see behind me a red viper with the hood scoop i think srt10 kind. it was a convertiable stick. i gave it a rev as like nice car. didnt think he would want some of me lol. but we get next to each other at a light down the road. i gave him a thumbs up n he gives me a rev. im like no way, bet it up. the light changes and i get a lil jump with me spining and im guessing him 2. stop spining and he put a half car on me by then. it stayed like that all the way to the top of 2nd bc then we had to shut down. no BS i didnt think it would even be close thought he would leave me in the dust. we stop next to each other and i say nice car, didnt think it would b that close. he said man that thing must be suped up. and i said a lil just to make him feel better. all i have is lid and cut out. that thing sounded so mean next to me with the exhaust on the side. n i dont want to see that BS flag.

yesterday i got walked by a red gt. with guages and ****. i was suprised dunno what he had didnt get to talk to him. and raced a mach 1 later that we had 3 runs. all good runs. he got the jump everytime bc i have to wait to the auto to kick down. but i was about a car back the 1st time, a half car back the 2nd time, and third he hit the rev limiter wich made us neck n neck. all these runs were from about 40-60 to about 100. give him thumbs up and he gave me a honk n we went on our ways.

its been a long time since iv had a run these were damn nice
Old 01-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Resident

First off... this should be in the street racing fourm...

Second... All vipers are manuals, and unless it was a brand new convertible it wasnt an SRT10... not that it makes any difference, its all the same car.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

unless it was a brand new convertible it wasnt an SRT10
not brand new, it could have been an 03 or newer... I am not throwing the BS flag at all but just be lucky that you didn't get to experience his top end in 3rd gear, then he would have pulled pretty well
Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hmmm.. every time I've raced a viper I've put it on 'em pretty bad

Then again I've been lucky enough to only find the stock ones running around Houston
Old 01-05-2006, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had a yellow viper try n show me what was up when i was leavin a car show one day, so we both jumped on them and i pulled..well..we'll just say alotta cars on it, so he got put in his place infront of a crowed by a lil ol 396 camaro..needless to say he doesnt show up at that cruise in anymore