Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2K TA m6 vs 04 GTO m6

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2K TA m6 vs 04 GTO m6

I was rolling to the Wallmart here in VA Beach and this Yellow GTO came up on my rear and tailed me until I parked at wally world. This guys pulls up while im getting out and we start shooting the sh*t and gave the normal compliments on each others cars and he starts talking about how fast his car is and how nothing around here has even came close to beating him. His mods were a k&n and catback.
I started thinking yeah this guy doesnt know jack sh*t about cars. Well, he then starts to talk about his vette motor and how much lighter his car than mine and has more hp. He then tells me about his plans to do a head and cam(S) swap and a chip. So me being a smart *** I am I replied, "Well my buddy did a L98 swap in his 05 GTO and is killing everything on the streets." then he replied, " Well i thought about that too but I aint got the money for that right now." I just smiled and shook my head and told him to have a good day and went inside to get my stuff.
On the way out I get in the car and back up and start to leave the parking lot and this yellow GTO pops up in my rear view mirror. I pull up to the light to make a left turn and he follows. Im now on the main drag (four lane road) back to my house and he pulls up and rolls his window down and tells me I dont want none. So I slow down to 15-20 in first gear and he does the some. I tell him to go and Ill pass you. we are off, I jump about a half a car on him in first and bang second and jump a car on him and bang third then shut down. Then got a ricer flyby from a fellow gm. (sad really). Anyways I really didnt know If my car would beat an 04 GTO. but maybe he couldnt drive. Anyways I enjoyed shutting him up or whatever he did after beating his a$$.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Teching In

I loved that story.....what a smart-***. Why couldnt he just tell you how nice your car was and be on his way instead of bragging about something he didnt know crap about?
Old 01-27-2006, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

An 04 GTO weight 3750lbs. A 2000 T/A weighs about 3400lbs. Though the GTO has slightly more HP then the T/A it would all come down to a drivers race.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ouchburns
An 04 GTO weight 3750lbs. A 2000 T/A weighs about 3400lbs. Though the GTO has slightly more HP then the T/A it would all come down to a drivers race.
The 04 GTO still had the LS1 and is rated at 350hp.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 04 GTO does have a tad bit more power due to the LS6 intake and truck cam. I highly doubt that it can beat a 2000 F-Bod due to the weight difference.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Sad to say a lot of guys that buy high performance cars don't have a clue. The fly by was just BS - that guy needs a good punch in the side of his head.

Any event - good kill - he had it coming.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

A ricer driving a musclecar.
Good kill.