Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed new STI and 97 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 06:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default killed new STI and 97 Mustang GT

I just put on my new Ruff racing 279's (that were delivered 2 blocks away). and decided to go out for a stroll and see how they ride. Before, I had 19 and 18 c6 motorsports and they hooked up great.(heavy) but my new rims(18's) a alot lighter get no traction.
I dont even get 10 minutes out and this new STI with a thirty day tag and a new fart pipe pulls beside me and just has to let me know he has a bov. I drop down to second running around 3k on the tach and wait to see if he will jump. He does and I punch it and put about a car on him and hold it there to about 120ish and let off. I slow down to the speed limit and try to enjoy my kill but he comes back for more. I look around and there was no traffic so i slow down to about the same speed as before but the sti just stops. Well sh*t, I know I aint got a chance from a dig but what the hell. Three honks and we are off and i spin through 1st and 2nd. I got roasted. I just couldn't real him in. I catch a light and he keeps going. About 3 miles down the road I catch him again and get on the highway.
Right after the on ramp we catch 97 GT with MAS Racing stickers all over it. Three wide on the highway (third gear roll) I let the mustang go first then the STI and I follow. The muffstain didnt stand a chance and I pulled about 1 1/2 cars on the STI and held it to about 130ish. we ran a couple more times, some scenario with the same reults.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Junkie

good kill. any new pics with the new wheels?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I will have them today after I pick up my hood....
Old 02-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job on the kills. It's killing me that is winter up here. I'd love to get some runs in right about now. Too bad everyone and thier mother stores thier car for such a long period of time.