Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Black LT1 Z28 in central IL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black LT1 Z28 in central IL?

Howdy fellas!

Figured I'd sign up on here and see If I couldn't figure out who's Z28 I ran this past weekend...

Black Lt1 with true duals dumping at the rear axle, etc (not sure what else) with missouri plates. Gave me a good run along the interstate, went from ~80-120 with my buick pulling about half a car after 100 (dead heat up until then).

I'd assume it was cammed at the least (headers are assumed with the duals)
Guy was a real good sport and gave me a big thumbs up...

My car BTW is a 97 buick GS supercharged L67 engine with a decent cam, mild heads, intercooled, headers, etc etc...
It's turning the power to run low 12's at around 112ish so the LT1 was running pretty good too

In any event, if he does in fact see this, good run! Much more fun than picking on ricers :p

MT
Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

yo man i'm from central illinois as well, where in central il are you?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Teching In

heh, I'm from Springfield, and am at school at UIUC...are you a student or a townie?

Any local car hangouts un the C-U area?

Still in search of who this was....

MT
Old 02-02-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings from a fellow Springfield...ian? Anyway, Hi
Old 02-03-2006, 05:33 AM
12 Second Club

I have lived here my whole life. Yeah there a bunch of guys that get together on the weekends(weather permitting). There's a cammed 5.0, actually there are quite a few 5.0's. There's a 4.6 mustang, and i've seen a Mystichrome 03 cobra roaming around lately. Um a few LS1 camaros, some GTPs, a Mazda MX6 with nitrous, and a bunch others.

Oh by the way I have seen a black LT1 with exhaust dumps at the track in Charleston running 7.9's. Not sure about the Missouri plates though.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kyle91z28
I have lived here my whole life. Yeah there a bunch of guys that get together on the weekends(weather permitting). There's a cammed 5.0, actually there are quite a few 5.0's. There's a 4.6 mustang, and i've seen a Mystichrome 03 cobra roaming around lately. Um a few LS1 camaros, some GTPs, a Mazda MX6 with nitrous, and a bunch others.

Oh by the way I have seen a black LT1 with exhaust dumps at the track in Charleston running 7.9's. Not sure about the Missouri plates though.
I'd imagine this Camaro would be running in the 7.9-8.0 range...

Mine ran 8.2 on about 40whp less than it's making now, so I should be around 7.9ish assuming a decent short time.

Where do you guys usually meet up? Wouldn't mind coming out for a little cruise/bullshitting time
Old 02-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
Greetings from a fellow Springfield...ian? Anyway, Hi

You drive that SS much?

Any mods?

Check out www.fastrides.net , it's a mostly springfield and surrounding area board, lotsa f-bods, mustangs, bikes, etc.

MT
Old 02-03-2006, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Well they used to meet up at the old Best Buy until the cops ran them off because of ***-dragger trucks doing burnouts and racing on the interstate from like dead stops. Anyways, usually at the Classic Tan on Neil St. not far from Green st. There is also some car club from Bloomington/Normal called Team Octane that comes down here occassionally they have all sorts of cars.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, its my daily driver. Got it cheap, needs some paint. Planing on dart heads soon to go with a recent cam and roller rocker purchase. Right now its not much better than stock. BTW, sounds like a nice ride you got man!! I bet it surprises the hell out of more than a few in town!!
Old 02-04-2006, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLOWN_GS
Howdy fellas!

Figured I'd sign up on here and see If I couldn't figure out who's Z28 I ran this past weekend...

Black Lt1 with true duals dumping at the rear axle, etc (not sure what else) with missouri plates. Gave me a good run along the interstate, went from ~80-120 with my buick pulling about half a car after 100 (dead heat up until then).

I'd assume it was cammed at the least (headers are assumed with the duals)
Guy was a real good sport and gave me a big thumbs up...

My car BTW is a 97 buick GS supercharged L67 engine with a decent cam, mild heads, intercooled, headers, etc etc...
It's turning the power to run low 12's at around 112ish so the LT1 was running pretty good too

In any event, if he does in fact see this, good run! Much more fun than picking on ricers :p

MT
WOW never seen a modded buick GS race before post some videoes on here when u get the chance
Old 02-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican
WOW never seen a modded buick GS race before post some videoes on here when u get the chance

If I can find it, the only vid I have is my VS an LS1 TA that ended up running off the road on the 1-2 shift...

I should have a few vids come race season this year...i hope.
Well they used to meet up at the old Best Buy until the cops ran them off because of ***-dragger trucks doing burnouts and racing on the interstate from like dead stops. Anyways, usually at the Classic Tan on Neil St. not far from Green st. There is also some car club from Bloomington/Normal called Team Octane that comes down here occassionally they have all sorts of cars.
Sounds good, I'll have to come out and cruise around sometime, see if anyone is around.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!

MT