Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A4 LT1 takes down a new R/T Charger

Old 02-04-2006, 12:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default A4 LT1 takes down a new R/T Charger

Well last night we pulled up next to this new pearl white charger at a stoplight... Ikinda glanced at it, but not much more becuase i think they are ugly as should not carry the Charger name.

My friend who was with me on the other hand loves em and is facinated by it. He is checking out the car and after I took my glance, i told him everyone in the car was looking towards us. Well, LoL, my friend being the obnoxious person he is, flips em all off. So after the light turns green, the big white nasty machine rolls out and I stay around it, in hope the LADY driving it will bite.

We make it all the way through town with no more than a few lil bucks from me and her. She had let loose the hemi once down the strip and I seen it scamper off a few cars ahead of me. She stayed going 10 over (in a 30) and kept in front of me for awhile. I figured she didn't want race....

BUT THEN!The big hemi starts creeping back to where i was behind it... i was ready, but not sure if she was really going to race. I had my lil A4 in 3 and just waited for the hemi to go. She jumped me and tryed to take off... but i mashed the throttle and the trans shifted down... into a dead spot. NoNe the less i grab right to where the hemi was... and then started seeing it dissapear from next to my car. I HAD WON! haha... my friend couldn't believe it.

We didn't run to a very high speed because of where we were at.... I may have been going 80 or so....

THose things are heavier than hell (i think) and those Hemis don't put out all the much power, why did they slap the Charger name on them???
Old 02-04-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you just beat a girl in a family car....
good kill none the less!
Old 02-04-2006, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Gunn
you just beat a girl in a family car....
good kill none the less!
true true... lol.. but the damn thing has 65 pony on me dont it? i dunno... it must weigh a TON... becuase even in the auto dead spot it got beat.. lol
Old 02-04-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

LT1 power...nice! Nice kill.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeah, well tonight I beat a family in said family car (I didnt see the kids until we stopped at a light, if i had, i would NOT have run them, but we shut down early, and it was abaondoned stretch, so risk was minimal at best, guy stood more of a chance being hit by a baseball at a little league game than getting hurt doing that. PS, good kill, in my experience the Charger is about = to a 5-speed 350Z, maybe a touch slower.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Gotta love 40mph punches in A4 LT1's with 3.23 gears haha. My car feels like a honda when I hit it from there.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2.73's from 40 mph is worse, mine felt totally DEAD when I did that

Search this Thread