Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pwn3d an Elcipse

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:55 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Pwn3d an Elcipse

Ok so this kid at our school thinks he is all big and badass with his Sprakle red eclipse, and his black hood. His mods.....only 1 being noticable was his exhaust. This kid will always drive really fast through the parking lot and haull *** by our 3 camaros at school.

Leaving school today in the left turn, i get behind him and he barrels out of the light, i guess he likes to go fast on left turns. A few blocks down the road i met up with im at a light, and the fun began. I didnt look at him because i knew it would be a finger fight. Light turned green i easezd into it and he slammed it squelling his tires, then i put my car were it belongs....SCREAMING UP THE RPMS. By the time i shifted into 2nd i had 5-6 car lenghts on him, so i shut her down. This is what happens when you spend 6k on an Elcipse and then get smoked.

ROARRR
Old 02-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's an idiot. 6k in an eclipse with the right mods and you'd have lost with those mods and that time in your sig. Here at altitude I ran a 13.1 with a new turbo, injectors and SAFC.

Thats alot less than 6k.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993CaMaRoZ28ofIdAhO
Ok so this kid at our school thinks he is all big and badass with his Sprakle red eclipse, and his black hood. His mods.....only 1 being noticable was his exhaust. This kid will always drive really fast through the parking lot and haull *** by our 3 camaros at school.

Leaving school today in the left turn, i get behind him and he barrels out of the light, i guess he likes to go fast on left turns. A few blocks down the road i met up with im at a light, and the fun began. I didnt look at him because i knew it would be a finger fight. Light turned green i easezd into it and he slammed it squelling his tires, then i put my car were it belongs....SCREAMING UP THE RPMS. By the time i shifted into 2nd i had 5-6 car lenghts on him, so i shut her down. This is what happens when you spend 6k on an Elcipse and then get smoked.

ROARRR
Some eclipse's can be fairly quick with the right mod's.
Your time's seem kind of low given your mod's.
Looking at your 60' time's you are having trouble getting a launch. If you can tighten that up a bit you should be mid 13's.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ehhhhh, He did that at 2700' guys...but yeah, GSX's can bee made fast, I dunno, the eclipse is just a girls car other than the GSX models, imho. *puts on flame suit and waits*
Old 02-07-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Ehhhhh, He did that at 2700' guys...but yeah, GSX's can bee made fast, I dunno, the eclipse is just a girls car other than the GSX models, imho. *puts on flame suit and waits*
Exactly

It was the same kid I wasted about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and not only did I waste it this other kids 00 Trans Am on our drag team was behind me and he wasted it. It was not even close. I had two car lengths on the bitch by the end of the intersection. Got up to about 80 or 90 and by that time the kids car was just a red dot in my passenger side mirror. We both switched lanes a couple of times to taunt the mother ****** and then drove of. Not even close. Why he would pull up to a Camaro AGAIN and rev his engine is beyond me. I guess high school kids who drive ricers are just like that. The "I was spinning through 1st" excuse comes out a lot.

There might be fast Eclipses where you guys are at, but over here in Boise 98% of them just have a body kit and a ricer tip. Even GSXs here arent all that. I remember this one kid on our drag team had one last year and was saying he would waste me and his car ran 13.1s with a 1.5 60'. I just nodded my head and watched him get a best of 14.9 when we went out to the track. The car was a piece of ****. Then he drove to school the next day with a 13.1 on his window and thought he was the ****. He claimed it was just a bad day for him and "he would waste me from a roll." I know GSXs can be made to go fast pretty easily, but i just have not seen a real life example up here.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stanger88
I'm at 5200+ feet in Golden.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Sadly most Eclipses are owned by morons. I really cant wait untill the idiots weed themselfs out by breaking their cars, leaving real DSMs to enjoy them.

Nice kill. Nothing like shutting up loudmouths Shoot, if the kid wants it that badly, you guys should be racing him for money. Sounds like he has money. You could pay for your setup LOL.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have and still own both.I had a 92 talon awd turbo before the current 97 and it was much faster than my 96z28 and the ls1 but it did have a lot of mods on it.
The new 97 talon awd turbo will be crazy fast,buddies with similar mods and they are extensive almost hit 10s last season and should easily be there with stuff he's added recently.But we are not young kids..both in our 40s and are serious about our cars.
Was this kids car even a turbo model..if not then they are very slow.A bone or near stock turbo eclipse depending on year would still be pretty slow.My 97 only managed some low 15s bone stock and by bone stock mean factory boost ,zero mods.My vert bone stock was doing 15.0 flat and after catback and gears and 2.18 60ft it managed 14.3 at around same mph as you..96mph.I am at 1700 feet at our track here.Alitude hurts times on NA cars the turbo and nitrous and supercharged cars are not hurt as bad by altitude.
I would think 13.7 is doable now in the vert with vig 2800 in there now.I do have spray for it to install this year,instant high to mid 12s should be easy with 125 shot.

On a sobering note the fastest car at this fastest street car competition at our local track was a 91 fwd turbo talon which ran 11.5 at 125mph at our altitude and the guy slowed the car down to stay legal for the track at 11.5.Under that you need a rollbar.
He was running in finals against a done up grand national that also was running very similar et with lower around 120mph traps.
So modded up right they can be wicked fast.The average kid dont' have clue how to make his eclipse or talon or laser fast or most own the non turbo ones.They are slow.Except for the newest ones.They are not slow...260hp stock..close to a stock lt1 out of the box.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

every car model has thier share of morons.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
every car model has thier share of morons.
Truer words were never spoken.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

my 02 ws6 lost to an eclipse.