Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Infiniti G35 tried to make the pass

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infiniti G35 tried to make the pass

I was driving down coastal highway and get into the left turn lane to get onto route 90. There are two lanes that turn left and about a little more than 1/4 mile down the road the right lane ends and you are forced to merge to the left.

The left lane was already taken by an old guy in his early 90's cadillac. I pull up into the right lane and just sit there looking around. A G35, one of the newer ones, comes up and gets right up behind me. I don't think anything of it at the time but decided to get a nice jump around the turn on the cadillac to switch lanes to see if this guy behind me would try to make the pass to my right.

Light turns and I pull the left, no cars anywhere in front of me or coming the other way so as I get my car straight I go to switch lanes, look over and that G35 was already in that lane(must of started getting over in the interestion). He comes up fast on the left with a little head start and with the short time I have I jump right on it. His car gets to my rear bumper before his pull stopped and I started gaining very little ground at first. I have an automatic so I wasn't anywhere near where I would want to be in the powerband. The merge was coming up quickly and my car hit 3 gear hard and in the process I got a good 1 and a half car lengths up on him and I used my turn signal to switch lanes and I was in there. Race made it up to about 95 mph on my end at least.

This was a one lane road that lasted about 12 miles but he would never pull up close behind me no matter how slow I went. Once we got to 50 I just waited for him to make the jump around me to catch me off guard but it never happened. He would speed up when I did and when I went slower he would just fall back. Not sure what was going on with that, so I couldn't get another run out of it.

I have a 1999 Z28 mystic teal A4. flowmaster with open cut-out and FIPK II.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

nice kill. i haven't had a chance to run a g35 yet. probably never will. guys around here won't race anything.

josh
Old 02-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Nice Kill. Welcome to the tech.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

G O O D f@cking job. Make him feel like a bit$h!.