Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tried Racing a sleeper srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 05:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried Racing a sleeper srt-4

I was coming in to work this morning and I see this debadged neon with the big wing. (301 to rt 50) Now I normally wouldn't thing anything of it but I knew exactly what it was since I test drove a few. So much traffic this morning so I really coulnd't hear it. It apeared to have the factory exhaust on it from what I could see. Going down 301 to the on ramp of rt50, he hits it I am behind him and would of put the car up his rear end but I just stay with him. As we hit the end of the ramp to route 50 heading towards D.C., he jumps over the line to take off (typical rice, happens all the damn time ), and I bite this morning and follow, right up on him til 100, he starts the weaving in and out of the traffic and that was enough for me so I let off and let him go and he's still weaving . It seems that everytime I race and get the same damn crap, (weaving in and out of the traffic crap) and I can't stand that at all. I wanted to see how the new toy was. His car wasn't stock, I was barely pulling on him in the 80-100 mark and no doubt would of killed him from lower speeds especially out of the hole. Remember I am following him.

Oh well, it just wasn't worth killing myself or someone else being in pursuit. I figure there's always next time. First time I seen that srt-4 in the morning. Maybe I can catch him tomorrow unless he pulls that crap again. If that's the case, it just isn't worth it to me.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea it sucks when people wont line up and expect you to chase them through traffic, thats always a good formula for a nasty accident. I had some tool in a stock srt-4 try and run me on the highway. He was behind me coming on the on ramp and I saw him as he was right on my bumper so i slow down to about 45 mph and drop it from 3rd gear to 2nd and wait for him to move into the middle lane once we are on the highway. He goes for it and as soon as he is at my door i floor it and ended up pulling him by a few cars up to about 95 mph. I slow down since there is traffic coming up but he does the typical ricer fly by and starts cutting people off left and right while weaving through the 4 lane highway. Maybe its just ricer mentality but when they get pulled by a few cars and the other person lets out of the race do they really think they are impressing anyone with the ricer fly by and driving like a moron? Only thing that would impress me by their actions would be if they got steam rolled by an 18-wheeler.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

He would have K I L L E D you anyway man! J/K. That is the worst feeling. That happened to me recently, he would ACT like he wanted to race, his buddy saying " Stage 3, Stage 3..." I called him an *******, he followed me, I gave him the jump at HIS sweet spot and exploded past him by 5-7 lengths from 2nd just shifting into 3rd. I was gonna tell him I had a Stage 3 Cobra but he just put his window up and kept going.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
He would have K I L L E D you anyway man! J/K. That is the worst feeling. That happened to me recently, he would ACT like he wanted to race, his buddy saying " Stage 3, Stage 3..." I called him an *******, he followed me, I gave him the jump at HIS sweet spot and exploded past him by 5-7 lengths from 2nd just shifting into 3rd. I was gonna tell him I had a Stage 3 Cobra but he just put his window up and kept going.

Haha thats the best, when people are talking **** then you wipe the road with them. A lot of guys have no idea how fast other cars are, and its in part due to the fact that they dont research other cars and what they are told at the dealership. When my buddy got his 04 srt-4, the guy at the dealership told my buddy that it was faster than just about anything else on the road (mind you this is a stock srt-4, no stage upgrades). We drove into the dealership in my z28 and after the etst drive he goes "see, i told you it was fast, and now you will be able to beat your buddy's camaro haha". Now my buddy knows how fast my car is and goes "oh really?" just to egg him on and the salesman goes "oh yea, it cant keep up with an srt-4". This guy also told us that the srt-4 has AWD (he got it on a subaru lot). It worked out in the end though as we called him out on the awd and he had to lower the price because he was such an assclown and had no idea about the car.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...Stage 3, Stage 3..." I called him an *******, he followed me, I gave him the jump at HIS sweet spot and exploded past him by 5-7 lengths from 2nd just shifting into 3rd. I was gonna tell him I had a Stage 3 Cobra but he just put his window up and kept going.

That would have been so sweet!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

You should have just done a pit-manuver in him.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You should have just done a pit-manuver in him.

works every time.