Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

STi,WS6,GT,GTP,A4, RX-8........

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default STi,WS6,GT,GTP,A4, RX-8........

So, I have no clue where to put this, but here's the situation. All of my firends and I are more than likely have a car competition. We are thinking of comparing cars in a few events such as the 1/4, auto-x and anything else that can be measured or timed I guess. Each car is/will be modded so who do you guys think will put up the best competition? Suggestions?

THE CARS:
RX-8: stock
A4: chipped & unknown since it's leased
GTP: Turbo'ed & suspension mods, not sure what else since it's "top secret"
GT: exhaust,gears,intake,penglum,ECU(Predator)
WS6: See Dannows6 profile(too much to list)
STi: See my sig.

* All cars will more than likely have street tires, but Dan may have DRs....not sure about the GT either. The kid with the GTP wants a 4 season test as well.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto-x will go to you or the RX-8,
The Drag will be between You,the GTP, or the WS6 depending on driver and tire.
thats all you can really time uless you have a g-tech or similar device.

I'm guessing the GT and A4 will be at the bottom of the list everytime with the F-body and STI being very close.

The biggest mystery is the gtp depending on how much power he's putting down he might never hook up or have so much tq steer that he has to constantly let off.

just my 2 cents
Old 02-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Launching!

I see similar results as you. The tough part is all about the drivers. My car should make up for my inexperence, but who knows. IMO the best drivers are the GT and the RX-8, so this will make it REAL close for the auto-x. I'm thinking the 1/4 will go WS6,STi,GTP,GT,A4, then RX-8. I'd like to see a brake test as well (only other thing measureable) or a passing test like road and track.....you know like 60-100 or what ever it is. Those are the only other things I can think of.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

being a former owner of 2 different Grand prix's with the turbo setup its pretty much automatic he is in the 12 as far as 1/4 time is and probly trapping fairly high. if its got more supporting mods IE headers/cam anyhting of that nature it will be a beast. but again he will probly have traction problems. road course.. GTP wont be a factor probly the slowest. just beware their are a many GP's pushing well over 400+ fwhp. and if the HP is in the 400's the tq will be close to 5's.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

RX-8 is th better auto-x car, but your speed might give it to you.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The auto-x is like 75% driver 25% car. I would put money on the RX-8 and driver . He's been doing it for quite a while on a competetive level. The first time I autox'ed with him I was like 7 or so seconds slower than him on a approx 60 sec course. It's all about knowing the course and the car. There were plenty of other cars that could of beaten the RX-8 based on it's potential but the drivers could not make that happen.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

I'm looking forward to the 1/4 runs.

Honestly by the time this happens and spring time hits I might be getting a decent set of heads too. Just a heads up
Old 02-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Ouch. I'll never see anything but your friggn' rear bumper in the 1/4!!! I'll have to pick up the alky next then. At least I have a chance against you in the auto-x. What do you think about a road course?? Maybe like Limerock or something similar. Also, I figure I have a chance at a brake test(I should be the lightest).
Old 02-09-2006, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MaSTi
. Also, I figure I have a chance at a brake test(I should be the lightest).
Not to bash or anything, but a brake test? Ive never heard of pepole doing that b4, but i know mags do it to cars so why not i suppose? Just seems like a the ricer thing to do if you cant win, up there with the flyby, but what would i know right? What sets up a winner for a brake test? the first one to stop and the distance?
Old 02-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
Not to bash or anything, but a brake test? Ive never heard of pepole doing that b4, but i know mags do it to cars so why not i suppose? Just seems like a the ricer thing to do if you cant win, up there with the flyby, but what would i know right? What sets up a winner for a brake test? the first one to stop and the distance?

Ummmm yeah. If magazines do it why shouldn't we? And please, "if I can't win" what are you really trying to say? You don't even own an f-bod, so where is this comming from? Ohhh wait..... wait for it...............here comes the ignorance. Come on, just grow up. I was joking about always seeing his tail lights. We actually have never ran eachother, but we know what both cars can do. If he does get heads, I'll have to look into some more mods to keep up. As far as a brake test, I would do it, I'd say best of 3 stops, shortest distance wins.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:08 PM
mcG
TECH Resident

So, I have no clue where to put this, but here's the situation. All of my firends and I are more than likely have a car competition. We are thinking of comparing cars in a few events such as the 1/4, auto-x and anything else that can be measured or timed I guess. Each car is/will be modded so who do you guys think will put up the best competition? Suggestions?

THE CARS:
RX-8: stock
A4: chipped & unknown since it's leased
GTP: Turbo'ed & suspension mods, not sure what else since it's "top secret"
GT: exhaust,gears,intake,penglum,ECU(Predator)
WS6: See Dannows6 profile(too much to list)
STi: See my sig.

* All cars will more than likely have street tires, but Dan may have DRs....not sure about the GT either. The kid with the GTP wants a 4 season test as well.
your friends have some nice cars. my friends drive hyundais, lebarons, caravans, sentras, old nissan pickup trucks....i'm really the only one out of them that is into cars.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I find it pretty amusing that all of us have nice cars. I think it started off that we all liked stereo equpment, now we all have moved on from stereos to cars. I assume next are houses.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Ummmm yeah. If magazines do it why shouldn't we? And please, "if I can't win" what are you really trying to say? You don't even own an f-bod, so where is this comming from? Ohhh wait..... wait for it...............here comes the ignorance. Come on, just grow up. I was joking about always seeing his tail lights. We actually have never ran eachother, but we know what both cars can do. If he does get heads, I'll have to look into some more mods to keep up. As far as a brake test, I would do it, I'd say best of 3 stops, shortest distance wins.
If you noticed, i was being humble and stating that was my OPINION, not a fact. I just dont see a point to it, but that doesnt mean its something im going to bash, hence the "not to bash" statement in the very begining. I can express my opinion can i not, so long as i state that its an OPINION correct? As far as not owning a an Fbody, no i dont, but i DO own a 1994 mustang cobra with some work done to it and my uncle is a NJ NHRA 1/4 mile record holder for super stockers so please forgive my straigh line performance mind, the ablity to stop is just as important. The cobra is going to be sold to buy an Fbody, pref a camaro SS 98-02.

What does owning NOT owning a fbody have to do with it? DO YOU own an fbody? O i get it, you dont, so if i may be so kind as to ask WTF was your point?
Old 02-09-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the gtp will probably come out near the middle depending on his suspension mods. without anything like that he won't be anything in the 1/4. i've senn tubo'd GTP's that inly run low 12s cause they spin to half track. FWD+lots of power=alot of whgeel spin. the other cars i wouldn't know about. never dealt with ayn of them
Old 02-09-2006, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lookin4aTA
the gtp will probably come out near the middle depending on his suspension mods. without anything like that he won't be anything in the 1/4. i've senn tubo'd GTP's that inly run low 12s cause they spin to half track. FWD+lots of power=alot of whgeel spin. the other cars i wouldn't know about. never dealt with ayn of them
Im really having a hard time picturing someone REALLY puttin money into a GTP. Ive never seen one with a lot of work to it, let alone a CAI or exhaust. They must be a sight to see, all that power spinning at the wrong end and ACTUALLY going fast. Suspension mods would defnitaly be the make or brake (no pun intended) for the GTP tho.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Launching!

My point was A) your screen name is wants an LS1 B) you only have 14 post and C) you come in here acting like my OPINIONS such as a brake test is "ricer". It's apparent that just because I own an import I'm automatically rice and therefore my opinions other than the 1/4mi is rice. Wow, you own a cobra....and a crappy one at that. As far as owing an f-body, I did have one(96 Z28) and the only reason I don't have one again is because I like the yr. round capability of the STi. I was actually gonna pick up a vette, but insurance was WAY higher than on the STi.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
Im really having a hard time picturing someone REALLY puttin money into a GTP. Ive never seen one with a lot of work to it, let alone a CAI or exhaust. They must be a sight to see, all that power spinning at the wrong end and ACTUALLY going fast. Suspension mods would defnitaly be the make or brake (no pun intended) for the GTP tho.
I personally saw a late 90's GTP with ET streets up front run a 12.2. It had all the bolt on's, ported blower, maybe a cam...

It was pretty neat too see it go that fast. It surprised a lot of people.

This guy in mention has an anniversary edition, it should run good, If I had to guess before hand, probably low 12's, if he hooks.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

My point was A) your screen name is wants an LS1 B) you only have 14 post and C) you come in here acting like my OPINIONS such as a brake test is "ricer". It's apparent that just because I own an import I'm automatically rice and therefore my opinions other than the 1/4mi is rice. Wow, you own a cobra....and a crappy one at that. As far as owing an f-body, I did have one(96 Z28) and the only reason I don't have one again is because I like the yr. round capability of the STi. I was actually gonna pick up a vette, but insurance was WAY higher than on the STi.
Don't be to harsh now.

I think he's just questioning the reasoning of the break test. I guess it's a valid test but it's not something most people care about, when they think performance test.

All these cars are way different in their own ways. It would be interesting.

If it matter's I run DR's 24/7. Street tires are basically useless. Tires will play a big roll in all of these tests.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Perhaps your right, but this is an "all around performance test" that was discussed, so why not braking? We have the power(1/4mi), the handeling (auto-x), so why not brake test? If you look at most forums power,handeling, and breaking are the 3 top parts purchased performance wise.

WantsanLS1- Sorry if I came off too harsh, but think of it this way..... I am posting on a LSx board where most people are going to be bias against import owners. I'm just defending my point of view as far as equal testing is concerned.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Perhaps your right, but this is an "all around performance test" that was discussed, so why not braking? We have the power(1/4mi), the handeling (auto-x), so why not brake test? If you look at most forums power,handeling, and breaking are the 3 top parts purchased performance wise.

WantsanLS1- Sorry if I came off too harsh, but think of it this way..... I am posting on a LSx board where most people are going to be bias against import owners. I'm just defending my point of view as far as equal testing is concerned.
I see were your coming from, and i totally understand, but i did go to a few lengths to make sure i stated it was my opinion, and that alone. But im over it.