Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

big hood GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default big hood GT

I was going back to my home town Granbury, was driving through Cleburne on hwy 171 when i saw the rear end of a 96ish mustang, caught up to it and it was fairly loud, big 4ish inch call hood fat tires.. not supercharger whine er anything so i just went on by, i said no use in wasting the gas... well we come up to a stop light and nothing he just looks over at me and my wife turns to his friend and they just kinda snear and sniker, whatever, we were in the middle of the town and the cops there are really bad, light goes green and we both just ease off the line go around a few corners he then procedes to start screwin with me, jumpin his car and ****, i just put in 2nd reved up to about 3k and dropped it got sideways and swung the car back and forth a few times, lol my girl gave him the "your small with her fingers", he had to stop b/c of some cars and stayed way back behind me.. o but wait i hit another light, im sittin still and the guy comes rollin up, light goes green and he hits it, welp i have to play catch up... come outa the hole easy let get up to about 2500 start spinnin hit 2nd and pass him with my car cocked a lil sideways, dude strait hit his blinker and turned off... i dont like pickin on the gt's to much cause its not even fair but if you **** with the bull you get the horns and thats what he got, anybody in Cleburne know what that car has?? couldnt have been much cause i coulda beat him 1/2 throttle...
Old 02-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill, what kind of retard in a 96 GT N/A plays with an LS1 that goes lumpety-lump?!?!
Old 02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was it the White mustang with about a 4" Cowl hood?
Old 02-12-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Good kill, what kind of retard in a 96 GT N/A plays with an LS1 that goes lumpety-lump?!?!
A retard in cleburne that thinks his mustang is reeeeeeeaaaal fast
Old 02-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Launching!

What does your car run, Stanger88?
Old 02-12-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ProjectDuStU
I was going back to my home town Granbury, was driving through Cleburne on hwy 171 when i saw the rear end of a 96ish mustang, caught up to it and it was fairly loud, big 4ish inch call hood fat tires.. not supercharger whine er anything so i just went on by, i said no use in wasting the gas... well we come up to a stop light and nothing he just looks over at me and my wife turns to his friend and they just kinda snear and sniker, whatever, we were in the middle of the town and the cops there are really bad, light goes green and we both just ease off the line go around a few corners he then procedes to start screwin with me, jumpin his car and ****, i just put in 2nd reved up to about 3k and dropped it got sideways and swung the car back and forth a few times, lol my girl gave him the "your small with her fingers", he had to stop b/c of some cars and stayed way back behind me.. o but wait i hit another light, im sittin still and the guy comes rollin up, light goes green and he hits it, welp i have to play catch up... come outa the hole easy let get up to about 2500 start spinnin hit 2nd and pass him with my car cocked a lil sideways, dude strait hit his blinker and turned off... i dont like pickin on the gt's to much cause its not even fair but if you **** with the bull you get the horns and thats what he got, anybody in Cleburne know what that car has?? couldnt have been much cause i coulda beat him 1/2 throttle...

Was this the white mustang, or was it brown..ish???
Old 02-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh my...the whole "what does my car run thing..." I am STILL PLAYING WITH THE COMBINATION (going to swap to a RPM edelbrock manifold, Speed Demon Demon 650cfm 4bbl carb this spring break and then run it at the track). I dont want to run it before I am done with it, call it a wierd quirk or whatnot, but I claim estimated low 13's. I murder 350Z's and hung well with a full bolt-on GTO (04, he would have had me by 1 car from 65 to 95 had he not missed a shift, he ran 12.8@109 according to a timeslip he had from earlier that day, he was still on big-n-littles). Make yer own guess.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Exactly my thoughts, you gotta remember 80% of mustang owners now a days think that their exhaust, 3.73 geared, 5.0 or 4.6 are the fastest cars on 4 wheels.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 89tang
Exactly my thoughts, you gotta remember 80% of mustang owners now a days think that their exhaust, 3.73 geared, 5.0 or 4.6 are the fastest cars on 4 wheels.
Thats what I have seen. And don't even look at one with gears, exhaust AND slicks, that just makes it an official drag car.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DocT
Was this the white mustang, or was it brown..ish???
Neither it was red
Old 02-13-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ProjectDuStU
Neither it was red
Dont know of the red one. I've seen the white one in action; pretty quick! has ~400rwhp. The brown...ish one I was referring to was one I recently raced on HWY 171, and blew his doors off. Never seen a red one with a big cowl. But now I'll be loooking...

BTW, nice times on your 1/8!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FSTLS1
Thats what I have seen. And don't even look at one with gears, exhaust AND slicks, that just makes it an official drag car.
LOL isn't that the truth with slicks exhaust an gears the average young mustang owner is lucky to hit low to mid 14's. I remember i was at the track one afternoon with my GTP there was 2 or 3 mustangs there 94-95's they were "hoping" to hit 14's i was like damn i'm hoping to hit mid 13's in my GTP . Their best wasn't 14's either low 15's.