Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05 GT goes down hard

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 GT goes down hard

I was late leaving work this morning and it was actually to my advantage. I ran across a white 05 GT on the freeway. I've been wanting to run one as my Formula just has a lid and muffler and wanted to see how they compare. Of the 10 or so I've run across none of them would bite. Well much to my surprise this guy was game.
I'm an A4 so I made sure I was just below 70 (my sweet spot) when we line up and I let him take the jump. I nail it and and immediately put a car on him then when it shifted into 3rd it just got ugly. I don't even know how many cars I had at that point. My exit came up fast so I slowed up and got over. He came up behind me like he wanted another run then I got off. He flashed the brights at me just before I exited. I don't know if he was giving me props or what. I was happy I finally got to run one. Maybe I'll catch one from a dig one day and get to see how that comes out.
It was a nice car anyway, all white with chrome wheels.Too bad they didn't at least match the LS1 in power. I think that would have done a lot for that car. I would've like to seen it in the 350-400 range myself.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Congrats on the kill. One more for the good guys.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Congrats on the Kill. I'm curious about why you raced starting at 70mph? I'm old fashioned and think a race is from a dig. A 40mph roll is bad enough, but a 70mph roll sound kind of pointless to me.

Lance
Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by red2003cobra
Congrats on the Kill. I'm curious about why you raced starting at 70mph? I'm old fashioned and think a race is from a dig. A 40mph roll is bad enough, but a 70mph roll sound kind of pointless to me.

Lance
With as many 05 GTs that wouldn't race at all I took what I could get. This was on a 65 mph highway with traffic behind us. I enjoy playing around at various speeds as I'm sure a lot of people do. Would I rather have a good run from a dig...of course.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:02 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A roll race is the best comparison of hp/weight. A dig race is the best comparison of hp/tq/powerband, transmission,driver, suspension, and reaction. In short, a roll race against a car of known weight/gearing/hp is like a poor man's dyno
Old 02-15-2006, 07:39 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

10mph, 50mph or 90mph. Sometimes it is hard enough to GET races, Ill take em anyway I can get them at times. Good kill.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

yeah nice kill i have been trying to get a shot at one for a while now seems like every one i see is a guy and his wife and i can always see the wife shaking her head.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Teching In

i just bought an 06 an am willing to play with anyone on the road.

know i will prob get beat,, just want to know how bad lol
Old 02-21-2006, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by red2003cobra

Lance
Originally Posted by viper1
I was late leaving work this morning and it was actually to my advantage. I ran across a white 05 GT on the freeway
I thought that pretty much explained why the race was at 70mph...
Old 02-21-2006, 04:14 PM
01z
TECH Regular

i wouldnt mind owning a new gt if they werent marked up so high
Old 02-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Banned

Hey 01Z, I will get you a new (MUSTANG) GT at sticker price if you want it, PM me. (Former ford employee and im fairly confident I can get you one optioned the way you want at MSRP)

Last edited by Stanger88; 02-22-2006 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Hey 01Z, I will get you a new (MUSTANT) GT at sticker price if you want it, PM me. (Former ford employee and im fairly confident I can get you one optioned the way you want at MSRP)
Old 02-22-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not sure if it's just Me being crazy or not... but I hate everything about Mustangs, I respect all fast cars except for Mustangs. I just think it's funny how Ford can continue to produce such a pile of crap, I've never liked the styling, power, or image they represent. And I would rather drive around a golf cart with gay pride stickers, than the fastest Mustang on the planet. I would rather be forced to dress up like a pirate everyday, then drive a Mustang... the list goes on, but I'm gonna stop before I **** too many people off.

FOR THE RECORD: I flip all Mustang drivers off, old, young... modded, v6's. Doesn't matter... and I'm being serious, I often get hit by my girlfriend for doing so. So if you drive a Mustang, and are in eastern SD sometime, don't cry when you get flipped off by some random guy driving a Red Z28.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:46 AM
Banned

Hrmmm, sounds like an insecurity problem renegade, I would love to rag on the ol' LT1's, but i respect them. Dont have anything to fire back at you other than tell ya to get over yourself and grow up. The mustang made more money than the F-bod ever did. Maybe THAT is why they still sell that "pile of crap"...
Old 02-22-2006, 05:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
I'm not sure if it's just Me being crazy or not... but I hate everything about Mustangs, I respect all fast cars except for Mustangs. I just think it's funny how Ford can continue to produce such a pile of crap, I've never liked the styling, power, or image they represent. And I would rather drive around a golf cart with gay pride stickers, than the fastest Mustang on the planet. I would rather be forced to dress up like a pirate everyday, then drive a Mustang... the list goes on, but I'm gonna stop before I **** too many people off.

FOR THE RECORD: I flip all Mustang drivers off, old, young... modded, v6's. Doesn't matter... and I'm being serious, I often get hit by my girlfriend for doing so. So if you drive a Mustang, and are in eastern SD sometime, don't cry when you get flipped off by some random guy driving a Red Z28.
Please please don't ever have children, we need less dumb f*cks like you on this planet not more
Old 02-22-2006, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Sometimes it is hard enough to GET races, Ill take em anyway I can get them at times.
Believe me, it's just the opposite over here.I can't even take a quick ride to the store without someone throwing me a rev. I know I know, a lot of you are thinking "paradise", but believe me, after awhile, it's not...
Old 02-22-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Believe me, it's just the opposite over here.I can't even take a quick ride to the store without someone throwing me a rev. I know I know, a lot of you are thinking "paradise", but believe me, after awhile, it's not...
I always get the ricer fly by crap.