Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A close one today! I got lucky

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default A close one today! I got lucky

Ok - so my friends are going to give me a hard time but I have to report this. Since my mods I have had a few problems - the car still runs strong. Today, as I was leaving to go to lunch I pull out of my parking garage and end up at the light. A red LS1 Camaro with what looks like a Spring Breaker pulls up beside me. I honestly could not hear his car. He has chrome Z06 rims - the car looks nice. The driver looked young. The light turns green and he takes off. I see that he has borla exhaust and not sure what else. I ease off the line to get past the intersection and let him have about 2 1/2 car lenghts. I hit it. He hears me and realizes I am coming fast. I blow by him and then had to hit the brakes for traffic up ahead. I look in the rear view and see a cop about 200 yards back. No lights on. I immediately pull into an Audi dealership and the LS1 Camaro follows. I quickly make a left into a parking place. I hear the camaro take off. Then, there was the cop. He signaled for me to come over as he followed us into the Audi dealership parking lot. He asked what was wrong with my car. I said it has a serious valve train issue and I need to get it back to the shop. He asked what was up with the camaro? I said I did not know the guy or who he was. He then asked what was up with the acceleration? I said I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with my car and I was a little frustrated. He said, so you punched it! I said Yes. The cop said " You are too old for that s(#% and don't do it again." I said yes sir. Who says 38 is too old?

On Friday night a couple of bikes flat tore me up from a roll. The guy who only had 150 RWHP on his bike made me feel good when he said he saw the front end of my car lift when we punched it and he had to give it more. It actually scared him. The guy who had the 250 rwhp turbo bike flat smoked me. Makes me wonder what it really takes to compete with bikes. Holy cow those bikes were fast.

All in fun, but I really need to re-think this whole street racing thing and only do my running at the strip. The idea of Jail & my car being impounded just does not really interest me anymore. Guess that's my old age talking.

Hope you enjoyed the post.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats sense talking.

The only non-sanctioned racing I'll do is out in the boonies with spotters.

Nice kill. And it takes a lot to deal with 250WHP in something that weighs less than our driveline. I know the 600WHP people like to mess with them though.