Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ford guys.....seriously need to chill out

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"...I personally think the only people that actually have a right to say anything bad about either a cobra or a ls1 would be the people that have owned both...."

the above opinion should be pasted at the top of this section of LS1TECH permanently. bravo to you, i agree 100%.

as a former multiple-LS1 owner (and a former Mustang GT owner, and a former 440 6-barrel Road Runner owner, and a former 396 Chevelle owner, and a WRX, and a blah blah blah ...), and a current owner of a non-LS1/non-Mustang car, the above observation can properly be applied to numerous other cars.

folks, unless you've owned, modified, and raced your competitors cars, your so-called "facts" have the limited range of your own tongue.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS
"...I personally think the only people that actually have a right to say anything bad about either a cobra or a ls1 would be the people that have owned both...."

the above opinion should be pasted at the top of this section of LS1TECH permanently. bravo to you, i agree 100%.

as a former multiple-LS1 owner (and a former Mustang GT owner, and a former 440 6-barrel Road Runner owner, and a former 396 Chevelle owner, and a WRX, and a blah blah blah ...), and a current owner of a non-LS1/non-Mustang car, the above observation can properly be applied to numerous other cars.

folks, unless you've owned, modified, and raced your competitors cars, your so-called "facts" have the limited range of your own tongue.
You don't think we test drove the competition on more than one occassion?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:51 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
You don't think we test drove the competition on more than one occassion?

Im sure less than 1/2 of LS1 guys have driven a Cobra, and probably the same from the Cobra guys.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking Thanks

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
OUTLAWZ....Damn nice set-up. There are stupid people everywhere and they drive all kinds of cars, enough said.
That was on my old set up my number 7 went in the middle of a race with a turbo supra i had him by 2 car lenths and lost oil pressure and over heated turned out to be a bad tank of gas she dentonated bad buts it ok when i return to from IRAQ the 427 monster will be complete
Old 03-15-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking oh dam!!!

Originally Posted by grey03mach1
Jesus Christ Almighty!! Am I mistaken or is there not a single period in that response? My head hurts.. j/k with ya.
My bad they did not teach me proper grammer or spelling or how to put periods at the end of a sentence in HARVERD Just playing i never think about th small stuff
Old 03-15-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They keep on babbling about their damn "Terminator"....well WTF is the new Z06 going to be called then? Are they just forgeting that GM still owns in the power department?
Old 03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by turbols1_05
Guys Guys were all American Here The ricer guys don't bash each other like this. Those guys team up, and mod the **** out of their cars just to come for us!! [B](Now lets all make up / then go outside startup our mighty v-8s and drink a cold one )
Im with him ^^ I love cobras and all but i must say i hate GT's. I see them around every corner and im so tired of them.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ecko70
They keep on babbling about their damn "Terminator"....well WTF is the new Z06 going to be called then? Are they just forgeting that GM still owns in the power department?
How do you figure?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Yer a funny guy. That nickname was the unofficial code name for the S/C Cobra when in the planning stages. It just stuck. Cars are cars and most all of them can be made fast. I think I've own something from just about every Mfg. out there and driven countless more. I dealt in HPerf and Exotics for a while and drove stuff nobody's heard of, well, not many anyway. The point is, iron is iron regardless the brand. Speed is speed regardless the brand. As an old wrench told me years ago...

"Speed costs Son, how fast ya wanna go?"
Old 03-15-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets just say the guy who started that thread is a because he seemed more excited about seeing " the notebook" than any man ever should.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

No one can honestly talk bad about the 03/04 Cobras. I can't think of any other car with forged bottom ends and boost where you can spend bolt-on type dollars, put down over 500 to the wheels, and still drive like stock. I really like my car, but I do wish I could buy an 03/04. They're probably one of the easiest cars to mod.

That said, I can't help but mention that when you compare the 4.6 to other hot rod engines, it's more like a 305 Chevy then a 350 because of the small bore. If as much R&D were sunk into a 305 as the 4.6 not to mention boost, it would be a respectable performance engine as well. I just wish Ford would have been thinking long term back in 1991 and designed the modular engine blocks with a large bore. You can only go so far with head flow with a 3.55" bore. That is why they had to turn to forced induction to make them perform. No one who knows engines can honestly deny this.

But then again, with the twin screw blowers available today, the 4.6 handycaps can be easily overcome as we've seen.

Jason
Old 03-16-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Im sure less than 1/2 of LS1 guys have driven a Cobra, and probably the same from the Cobra guys.
lol, good point!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:29 AM
TECH Resident

Dodge is doing better than both!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
Dodge is doing better than both!
Isn't that the truth.......
Old 03-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Dodge has figured out that when they really start to suck, they need to come up with something thats actually inspiring in a normal road car for normal people. It saves them.

PT Cruiser: As much as we make fun of it, its cheap to make and it was innovative.
300C: First full size sedan I have really desired in a long time.
Magnum:Innovative, pretty useable, potential badass.
Magnum: Same, but more Badass.
Charger:No need to comment.
SRT4:One of the best bang for buck cars being produced.
Crossfire:I hate the lame *** underperforming POS that doesnt handle, but hey, others like 'em. Must be the styling. Which I also hate, but they are spending their money, not mine....

Anyway, point is, Dodge/Mercedes has a great all around line up of stuff thats actually exciting and is built and marketed as such. I really dont think the vast mojority of people on Earth are willing to look beyond stereotypes and understand that US cars are not unreliable anymore. That means the US makers have to really up the excitement in their main line cars. Trucks are going away as normal commuter vehicles. The Fusion and Malibu MAX are not going to cut it. The Solstice rocks though. Thank god for fun little RWD cars. GM can still pull some awesome stuff from overseas and create some baddass stuff that sells. Same for Ford. As long as they dont cop out and loose their identity. I dont see that happening aytime soon though.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Are they just forgeting that GM still owns in the power department?
The Ford GT puts down about 100rwhp more that a C6 Z06. Doesn't
that mean Ford "owns" in ther power department as you put it?

Let's hear it..."But it's $100K more, it should make more power!"
Old 03-16-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unit213

It's in a different class though, right?
Old 03-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by unit213

Yet it only runs .1sec faster in the 1/4

06 ZO6+DR's > Ford GT

No one can argue that the 06 Z is by far the greatest power for price car ever made.

Haveing said all that... the ford vs chevy thing is gay, cobras kick ***, so do the LSx cars.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

there will always be arguments on both sides.the late 80s,early 90s was 5.0 v/s 5.7 =your car has more cubes,yeah but your car is lighter.94-98,well that may have been a very dismal time for ford.now we are talking about cars that aren't made anymore.there will always be nut-hangers on both sides that don't know much at all about the other brand but talk up all sorts of **** and they don't have a clue.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Yet it only runs .1sec faster in the 1/4

06 ZO6+DR's > Ford GT

No one can argue that the 06 Z is by far the greatest power for price car ever made.

Haveing said all that... the ford vs chevy thing is gay, cobras kick ***, so do the LSx cars.
um are we forgetting the viper???

last time i checked the 06 z06 had a 70k price tag didnt it?