Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My stock ss vs a stock 05 (or 06) mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My stock ss vs a stock 05 (or 06) mustang gt

I'm pretty sure he was stock it looked brand new, black hardtop probably 06 mustang, gt. I was on the highway with my friend in my car, when I see this mustang get on and of course there was much rejoicing and my friend goes "it's a gt too" so we are both thinking maybe he'll be up for it. Well we look over to him I am in the left most lane on a 3 lane highway and he is in the entrance/right most lane, turns out there are 2 kids in his car (him included) probably the same age as my friend and I. Anywho he notices us looking and I swear within the same second he checked his gauges (so assuming it was the 5 speed, I am manual also) and flies out into the middle lane and takes off. I am cruising at about 55-60 in 5th and downshift into 4th not too soon after he moves over because I am expecting it. So, he has about a .5 car lead on me just from the fact he took off first, 4th gear puts me right around 3000 rpm and I go until about 48-4900 rpm and shift into 5th and by that time I was roughly 2 cars ahead and at about 100 mph and I let off because I knew the outcome (I raced another gt in my 71 gto which I had sold to my friend who was riding with me, and it was even speed to my camaro, Was.). And then the gt kept going about 100-110 flew by me weaved in and out of traffic and got off at the next exit. So yeah, that's about it, we laughed, we cried, we laughed some more. The end.

P.s I don't feel like fixing my story but I started in 3rd (not 4th) and shifted out at 4800 then finished at about 100-105 in 4th.

Last edited by LittleSneak1; 03-22-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good kill, I raced one last week from a 40 roll and completely murdered him, i sprayed though to rub it in. Again good kill.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

I had an '05...not bad cars, I got alot of enjoyment out of mine....kinda sucked trying to lay down some rubber with the computer management system they have.