Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Wow was I surprised...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow was I surprised...

Fictional Story...

So Im driving down the highway and there is an on-ramp to my right. I look over and see a semi-riced out honda del sol. It was gold with goldish wheels. I kinda chuckled and when he got on I pulled up next to him, looked at his car and resisted laughing cause im not an ***. I then just pulled off to mind my business. A couple minutes later im in the second to last far left lane and I look in my mirror and I see the same del sol comming up on me FAST. He the flies by doing at least 110. To be honest, the car sounded pretty nice. Not your typical ricey exhaust. I thought to myself, Ima go play around just for fun...eben though its just a del sol. I pull up next to him, drop it in 4th at 75mph, and rip it. A little later, I see him about 4-5 cars back from me. I see him prepare to do another ricer fly by...not this time. He guns it and I wait for him to get to my door and I rip it. For the life of me, I could not pull away from this little car. we got all the way up to at least 130 and his nose was right at my door the entire time. I couldnt believe it!! I gave him the thumbs up to show that I respected his car and went on about my day. I almost felt like I got my *** handed to me because I expected to rape him. I was actually challenged. How much power and what would have to be done to this car to get it to hang with a full bolt-on LS1??
Old 03-25-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude,...anytime a car has a run on you, unless you have ALOT of power, it's gonna be hard to run down. I had the same problem with som POS civic back in the day when I had my 97 cobra on the turn pike..... he had a big run,..i took the bait, he pulled about a car in front of me, and held it from 120mph, all the way to 140. At 145 I pulled a car, and kept pulling. I passed him but, I was pissed.

Don't fall for this man. He probably is telling all his friends he rocked some LS1 on the highway.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

That's what they want when they pull the fly by.

Dan
Old 03-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Dude,...anytime a car has a run on you, unless you have ALOT of power, it's gonna be hard to run down. I had the same problem with som POS civic back in the day when I had my 97 cobra on the turn pike..... he had a big run,..i took the bait, he pulled about a car in front of me, and held it from 120mph, all the way to 140. At 145 I pulled a car, and kept pulling. I passed him but, I was pissed.

Don't fall for this man. He probably is telling all his friends he rocked some LS1 on the highway.
Same **** happened to me the other day agianst a ******* Eclipse Gs-t, it was about 40 mph. He took off unexpectedly and jumped 2 cars before I took off. Then he stopped raced at 70 mph, if he would of kept going for like 20 more mph, I would of pulled him hard. Then the next day I was on one of my local forums and sure enough there was an Elcipse guy running his mouth about how he wasted a C5. Then he went on to say how much better 4 bangers are than V8s.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Banned

Let him fly by.

Just wait it out, then catch him like he did you, and side with him.

Then when youre both going the same speed, game on!

There should be a website explaining how corny and dumb flybies are.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Or you could do what I do and keep on slowing down until both of you are stopped. I've heard "how slow of a roll are you gonna go mang?" a few times. How about 0?
Old 03-26-2006, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha^^^0 would be nice!! Do you think he was fast at all. I mean it must say something that I stayed with him when he prolly had a 35-40 mph start. It was funny cause when I pulled up to him even, he didnt want to go, or showed no interest. But he was game when he did his little "***-by"