Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 w/supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 5.0 w/supercharger

I was just toolin along minding my own business when this nice sounding black fox body 5.0 starts to revving at me from behind in traffic. We were all boxed in so all I could do was spool the turbo a little to let him know I wasn't your average LS1. I had to turn, so he switches lanes and makes a quick turn with me. I figured what the heck, so I kept it in 2nd at about 30mph and waited. He comes up next to me and I rev a little and let off and he hits it and gets the jump. Well it's on then, so I mash the gas and leave him pretty hard. I had like 3 or 4 cars to 70 when I let off. I think he might have let off a little sooner. He pulls up next to me and is like, "what do you have in that thing?!" I said I had a turbo and he said he had a supercharger. He gave me props and took off. He didn't give any more details, so I don't know how modded he was. I couldn't hear the supercharger over my catless, mufflerless car, but he seemed pretty quick. I was thinking it would have been a better race for the SRT-4 though.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good run. How much power is that turbo set up capable of putting out?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm only running 5psi until I get a real tune and some meth. When that is done I should be around the 500+rwhp/tq level. I'll be getting that done soon hopefully and I'll post the numbers. If I get an intercooler and up the boost I could push 600, but then the bottom end would be on borrowed time.