Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I'm getting tired of not allowing what would happen threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm getting tired of not allowing what would happen threads

You know mods... obviously if it's happening enough to where you have to make a sticky not to do it... then there is some sort of demand for people to post these threads. Please make a forum for Bench racing or what not... because it sucks... sometimes people want to know these things and would like to know what would happen before they make decisions. It just sucks when people slam everyone for having a freaking legitament question. Please don't forget that many of us asking these questions are the same people that are about to make modifcations to their car and are going to use ls1tech sponsors. Please make a spot to allow them.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

well put!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol a bench racing section... that sounds like a good idea
Old 03-27-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought the street racing forum was the bench racing forum, oh wait...
Old 03-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Racer

Never thought of it that way. I actually agree somewhat. I mean we dont all know everything about EVERY car on the road so when we plan on racing a car we dont know much about its nice to ask people on this board. Most likely somebody on here is gonna know about modding the car you've projected to race!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mixed feelings on this.

I see your point but.....I dunno.

For me, I've been around the block once or twice when it comes to raceing,...so when I see a "What if" post, I may be a little harsh on someone cause, I feel you should already know this ****....I fully understand if someone is new to the game, or just lacking in the experience department. Theres nothing wrong with that ofcourse,..... but, you never really know until you try.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Well put and I agree. I cant stand the what if stuff. But there is alot of it. So there should be a seperate area for it. Make it happen guys!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Mixed feelings on this.

I see your point but.....I dunno.

For me, I've been around the block once or twice when it comes to raceing,...so when I see a "What if" post, I may be a little harsh on someone cause, I feel you should already know this ****....I fully understand if someone is new to the game, or just lacking in the experience department. Theres nothing wrong with that ofcourse,..... but, you never really know until you try.

Hell there needs to be a seperate place so we dont have to look at it.lol
Old 03-27-2006, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only reason I don't like the "What if" It seems to never happen and theres no money involved.

If theres money involved its good to get advice, but the "My cousin has a 99Gt with a catback and I have a lid, can I take him?" crap gets old....
Old 03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Launching!

"What if Posts" can be entertaining to speculate what will happen. But, some of the people asking usually are insecure about their cars performance and need alittle reassurance that they will destroy a car that they want to race. Basically its a confidence builder. This is not true for all "what if" posts but it is true for some of them.
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowmofo
Only reason I don't like the "What if" It seems to never happen and theres no money involved.

If theres money involved its good to get advice, but the "My cousin has a 99Gt with a catback and I have a lid, can I take him?" crap gets old....

werd...I guess.

In the end, everyone really needs to do there homework. If you have to question it,...chances are, your(not you, people in general or the person poseing the question) just not fast enough in the first place.

But, it is a good idea to have a section for this.... I agree to that.
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Hell there needs to be a seperate place so we dont have to look at it.lol

agree'd
Racer

Originally Posted by slowmofo

I agree with that too though
Old 03-27-2006, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

It would be cool to have a filter at the top of the SR/KS forums to single out real racing threads from bench racing. Then you can have one forum, but if you want to not see the bench racing threads, then they wouldn't appear in the view if as a user we could hit a check button. The mods would have control over voting a thread as real or bench racing. My 2 cents, if the software could do such a thing

I created a what-if thread between my Buick and litre bike a while back. I've raced bikes back in 2000-2002 and thought I had a decent chance. I hopped on google and learned that I could not find any good 1/4 mile info from google so I asked here and found well articulated advice. It wasn't bench racing, but rather gathering info about my opponent since the guy had not been the the track to know exactly what he runs. Since then I've been to the track, snapped an axle, slid in some mosers and have not got a race lined up yet.

At the same time, there are posts which have a "what-if" and hardly no info about either car. Those threads are kinda pointless since people always have to ask "what mods do you have?"
Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not even that bad if people would put "what if" in the title so we can skip over it. It sucks when someone puts "06 Z06 vs Lambo", then you click on it to find "who would win". Some people like to come here to view and discuss real races, not peoples fantasies.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

I like the what if in the title thing. I wont rag what if as a lack of study. Part of asking the question is a gauge and a way to learn. But damn they get old.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hate these damn "WHAT IF QUESTIONS". Most of the time there not legitament questions anyways. I can understand if you where going to race someone and didn't know what there capable of, but 99% of the time there just curious. Just go out there and RACE, find out for yourself, then let us know the outcome.

I have heads and cam, but I wanted to know if I can beat an srt4 neon
I have a bone stock ls1 and I wanted to know if I can beat a crx with a b16 swap.

I mean what sense does this make.

MODS PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A WHAT IF THREAD
Old 03-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 25psi
I hate these damn "WHAT IF QUESTIONS". Most of the time there not legitament questions anyways. I can understand if you where going to race someone and didn't know what there capable of, but 99% of the time there just curious. Just go out there and RACE, find out for yourself, then let us know the outcome.

I have heads and cam, but I wanted to know if I can beat an srt4 neon
I have a bone stock ls1 and I wanted to know if I can beat a crx with a b16 swap.

I mean what sense does this make.

MODS PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A WHAT IF THREAD
You know what bugs me? When people say I have a bone stock T/A with a lid and a catback. Can I beat this....
Old 03-27-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

what if I rested my nuts on Brittney Spears chin?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
what if I rested my nuts on Brittney Spears chin?
She would start sucking on something right above them...