Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT-4 About Hits me Car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SRT-4 About Hits me Car!

I leave work last night going my normal route. The light turns red and I'm stuck behind traffic. Then a blue SRT-4 neon pulls up next to me. Gives me some rev's etc...I ignore him and the light turns green and my lane starts moving faster then his. Well finally we get up to speed (45mph) and traffic is to thick to really feel comfortable. (shift just let off so there is tons of cars leaving) Well I look back in my mirror and the SRT-4 is weaving thru cars and coming up fast on my rear. Well the guy in front of me decided to hit his breaks for what reason I don't know. So heres my situation.

Neon flying up fast on my rear with no way he can stop intime without slamming my bumper, guy on his brakes in front of me and I can't get over in the other lane.

So heres what I do, I look over into the oncoming lane and nobody is coming, its a double yellow line but my thing is lose my rear end or go for it. So I slam the gas and weave into the opposite lane and pass everyone and get back over. I know what I did was an illegal pass, but I didn't feel like eating my steering wheel and being part of a multicar sandwhich. I have never been that pissed at another driver in my live. And not to mention now I look like a jackass to all the guys I passed illegally.

Not a good week for me, and If I see him again he's getting the bird.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Nice move, glad it turned out OK.

I posted in the lounge awhile back about some poor guys LT1 that was in your situation. The thing was just hammered front and back.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Teching In

I probably would've done the same thing. No offense but, was the driver in front Asian or an elderly driver? They are the only two that I have seen brake for no f*cken reason, on the freeway too!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Don't feel bad, good move man. Screw everybody else, this is much better than you posting up saying your SS is smashed all to hell.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate it when people brake for no reason... even if I'm in front of them. Like on a 4 lane road when I'm coming up on a right turn and the only other car on the road is right behind me. I put the signal so they know to just go around me as I slow down but some people actually hit the brakes and wait for me to turn. Some people are brain dead.

And good thinking in that situation. It was the best thing you could've done. I'd have done it too. And it sucks for people to see you and assume you're just an a-hole, but screw it.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

I know, I was freaking out all night last night after that happened. I was wondering if a cop saw me, If he would believe my story etc... But I would've taken a ticket over losing my car.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ryant430
I know, I was freaking out all night last night after that happened. I was wondering if a cop saw me, If he would believe my story etc... But I would've taken a ticket over losing my car.
No doubt...
Old 03-30-2006, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Its too bad the srt-4 didn't smash into the car that was infront of you. That would've taught him a lesson.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

dunno bout you guys but i HATE srt-4's. everyone i know that drives one is a *****,, plus they look like crap (...well they are a souped up neon). and i think the ppl who drive them bought their liscences illegally. i was actually reading on another forum that a guy said a stock srt-4 could easily take down stock ls1's, and said he had many times...either he can't tell the difference between 6 cyl. f-bodies and LS1's or he's a turd sandwhich.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mpe488
I hate it when people brake for no reason...
Like every ******* non-driving retard in California?
Old 04-02-2006, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

would have done the same thing
Old 04-03-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98BlackTransAm
dunno bout you guys but i HATE srt-4's. everyone i know that drives one is a *****,, plus they look like crap (...well they are a souped up neon). and i think the ppl who drive them bought their liscences illegally. i was actually reading on another forum that a guy said a stock srt-4 could easily take down stock ls1's, and said he had many times...either he can't tell the difference between 6 cyl. f-bodies and LS1's or he's a turd sandwhich.
That's not very nice to say!!!Some of us just want a commuter that can actually get you up the freeway ramp
Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

lol ^^ Its ok, I don't think they're personally that bad. But dodge should have done a more drastic change to them as far as appearence. I think a new tail light setup etc... like on the cobalts would be nice for them.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Launching!

If it weren't for asain drivers, I'd never have wrecked my eclipse and I would have been a ricer Thank god though that the bitch totaled my car and I got a taste of some american muscle (over 3 1/2 years ago)
Old 04-03-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am not personally a fan of the SRT-4, and most of the people that I know that own them are losers. However... they are pretty quick for what they are, and i'm sure they make a fine daily driver.