Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First race with TEXtralia and Nittos

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default First race with TEXtralia and Nittos

So I have a buddy with a 02 GT, full bolt on car minus electric waterpump. Has Nittos and 3.73 gears as well. He has raced a few other LS1 cars, a stock 99 auto and a 00 m6. They were both on street tires and just blew them off (shitty drivers) He launches between 4500 and 5k, and dead hooks, so he get's out on them so far that he is able to hold them off and take the win by a fender.

Now he is a cool guy, but loves beating LS1s. I have beat him before, actually every time we race, and even before the DRS for my car. But the new clutch is in, the Nittos were on, and I wanted to get him back for my fallen fellow LS1 pals

First run....1/4 from a dig, line em up, hop outta the cars, milk jug full of water in hand pouring the waterboxes. This was gonna be my first hard launch with the new clutch and DRs. The countdown begins....I launch at 4k and with the sticky tires and NO clutch slippage the car bogs and he gets me outta the hole by 3/4s of a car, I'm right at his rear quarter. Car recovers and his pull is over and here I come, I tag 2nd right at his door and it was like I was shot out of a slingshot as I rocket past his *** and pull him HARD. It was a pretty good defecit by the end of the quarter.

2nd run....25 roll....where an m6 LS1 shines 3 honks and we're off! It got ugly as I just left him from the start. I was doing fine with the shift lite set at 6k and the rev limiter still at the factory preset 6200, but after the tune the car revs faster and I occassionly touch the rev limiter on the 1-2, as I did here, but no matter, he got a good view of my tail lights

Just gotta get that launch figured out where she don't fall on her face right from the getgo and I'll be set. I think his clutch slips just enough off the line to keep his car from bogging or it's just that short 1st gear the stangs have coupled with the 3.73s, anyhow, he comes off the line HARD..props there.

I'll post the vids up as soon as I can get my POS Dazzle to work right
Old 03-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill, mein. That bogging has got to suck.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Priest
Good kill, mein. That bogging has got to suck.
Thanks! Yeah it sucks bad! After this rain that came through last nite gets outta here I'm gonna go out and try some different techniques and get the launch down to an art
Old 03-31-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Stock clutch? If not, try a quick slip.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Stock clutch? If not, try a quick slip.
Textralia = not stock clutch

You can slip them, but if he just got it, he's probably just getting the hang of it. Those clutches grip like a ****.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

Gotcha. Yep, ya gotta break that puppy in and do the learning curve like anything else.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Launch that sucker at 5k.........don't worry, the rear can take it.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

A 5k launche on a stock 10 bolt? That is askin for breakage. **** he just got her put back together.....

Brian, glad to hear you got to get her out and run.....Let's hope the rearend holds out until you get that upgraded as well....LMAO

Looking forward to running when I get home in aug. Cant wait to see what she can do with the new cam!!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

The new clutch has over 1k on it, so it's ready to rock. Last nite was just the first time I had tried to launch it hard at all. It's holds like a bitch and when both the tires AND the clutch are holding and nothing gives then it just makes it a challenge. But that's what we want right? Tires and clutch to do their job....why heck yeah we do! I just haven't had the time to go out and see how it likes to be driven from a dig....yet