Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

came down on a Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default came down on a Mustang GT

So I went to Thunder racing this morning to get some dyno base numbers. Made 308hp at the wheels bone stock, and found out it was detonating in the upper rpm band. I was really happy to see such high numbers even with the detonation. (told probably O2 sensors).

My buddy and I decided to go to the auto parts store to get new O2 sensors and this red new edge mustang gt comes up and revs at me as I am in the turning lane of an intersection. So I signal out and give chase. (The mustang had a nice exhaust but it also had altezza tail lights and the trunk black out panel). He says nothing but I knew he wanted a race when he down shifted so I down shifted and blew his *** away! My friend picked up my dyno sheet and pointed as we passed laughing!

Then he followed me on to the highway I crawled up the on ramp, he downshifts and lunges forward and I hit it, my friends head hits the seat and boy I SLAPPED THE CRAP OUT OF THAT STANG!...buslengths...shut down at 110. Short shifted at 4800-5100rpms to try to avoid the detonation!
Old 04-01-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill,