Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First day with my camaro back on the road and got to race an 04 evo VIII

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First day with my camaro back on the road and got to race an 04 evo VIII

So I just got my car back on the road yesterday and im cleaning it up (wash/wax/vacuuming) and I hear this car go flying past my house. I look up an it is this deep blue evo. He flies out of sight quick so I turn back to finish with my camaro. About 5 mins after I finish and I am cleaning up I hear a car coming flying down my road and its the evo again, except the kid stops in front on my driveway. I look over and it is this kid who is about 18 and he is with one of my best friends cousins. They are decent kids but try to be punks and my friends cousin yells over "hey you just got the camaro on the road huh? Race this evo!" So im like "nah just finished claning it and everything, I gotta go inside and eat." Now this kid used to have a green 5.0 vert and he tried running me before and I smoked him (it was bone stock with flowmasters). Now he got his evo and he wanted to try and get revenge. Well anyways they dont leave and my buddies cousin keeps egging me on to race him so finally I agree and fire my car up. When we get to this deserted section of highway near my house we line up and go from about a 45 mph roll. Kid cant drive to save his life and I start to walk them from 45mph-110 mph, end up with about 4-5 cars on him. The evo is bone stock with 10k miles on it (got it used) and the kid didnt look too thrilled that I beat him that easy so we get back to my house and I asked him if he wanted to try a race from a dig next time and he goes "no way man, I cant launch that well with my awd and you have drag slicks!" I am puzzled and look at my tires and my kuhmo are pretty bald but look nothing like slicks so I left it at that. They took off and I went inside to eat so all in all it was a decent first day with my car back on the road.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. What do Evo's run on the 1/4 stock?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks man, most evo's run between 13.2-13.7 depending on how well they launch. Usually trap around 101-103 mph.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Shweet.

He might not be able to drive, but putting that kind of distance on him is still an idicator of how strong your car is.

But I gotta ask, how the hell does an 18 year old kid get a 10K Evo? He will be modding soon if he has that kind of $.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Thanks man, most evo's run between 13.2-13.7 depending on how well they launch. Usually trap around 101-103 mph.
Whew...!

I was getting worried there for a moment.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Shweet.

He might not be able to drive, but putting that kind of distance on him is still an idicator of how strong your car is.

But I gotta ask, how the hell does an 18 year old kid get a 10K Evo? He will be modding soon if he has that kind of $.
Oh it was def some driver error putting 5 cars on him from a 45mph-110 mph (only put 2 cars on my friends 03 evo mr from 25mph-110mph when we were both stock), and I let him honk off the race so he would get to jump first but I went a fraction of a second after he floored it so that wasnt much of a deal but yea he really cant drive all that well (I talked to my buddies cousin today and he said he hit the rev limiter on the first shift, then he shifted like 500 rpms too soon on the second lol). He lives with his parents and works full time (decided college wasnt a good idea) so he just has to make the car payments so he has some money but i dunno if he has enought o start throwing major mods at it, ill def help him out though if he decides to mod it because all my buddies have evos, stis, srt-4s, etc now. LoL theres only 2 ls1 fbodys left in my group of friends!
Old 04-12-2006, 12:18 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey, a fender or a football field. A kill is a kill. Good job.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Hey, a fender or a football field. A kill is a kill. Good job.
Thanks man. The evo def had more in it but hey thats part of racing. Kid was just smiling the whole time, like he knew he was going to beat me, and letting my best friend's cousin do all the talking. I figured he had some mods, maybe turboback, waste gate acctuator, or an ecu flash the way he was grining but he was stock. Wiped the grin of his face pretty quick though lol.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wallywall
Nice kill. What do Evo's run on the 1/4 stock?
well the evo 9 which is the 06 model have been clocked runnng 12.8,12.9's bone stock,so you cant exactly compare a stock 8 to a stock 9