Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally got a Cobra...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got a Cobra...

Finally got me a 04 Cobra SC....... well another but this was a good race... I always see this guy when i am in my truck coming home from work but never in my Camaro.... But today is the day... i decided to drive my car to work even thou it was raining and on the way home we crossed paths he was making a left turn in front of me and gave me a little fish tail... Wasnt impressed since the floor was wet from the rain... Caught and asked him if he wanted to see a real burn out(floor was a little dry since it stoppd raining for a couple of hours).. Hit the roll control and lit up the rear tires.... Guy gave me a smerk and took off. caught up to him and the next light and he yelled to me that his car wasnt stock..... DUH its got a blower!!!! obviously this guy didnt consider that my car sounds like it got a couple of spark plugs missing from the huge cam I have.... oh and the amount of fuel that is going thru the engine.... We exchanged words for a little bit and askd me how i want my *** to get handed to me... from a roll or a stop.... Well i knew from i roll i wasnt going to hook but it would be worse if i was stopped.... Finally decided that from a roll would be best and off we were. we got to about 15 mph and I could here his blower whining... Maybe hes got a pulley underneath but i wasnt scared i was ready to go boost to boost NX vs blower, auto vs. stick .... i was in 2nd gear(auto tranny) and when we hit 15 mph we were off down to first i went and jumped a half car on him (no nitrous) shifted to 3rd 1.5 cars on him then i hit the nitrous by 4th at about 100 MPH had about 6 cars on him and still pulling... got off the throttle considering that Temple st here in La Puente is Sheriff stomping grounds.... GUY was shocked and couldnt believe i beat him ... The guy was in good spirits after I told him that my car wasn't stock either...didnt mention the spray thou..... Ha ha it was all in good fun and gave a good show to a couple of Hondas that were behind us trying to keep up ....Oh by the way he ws still on it after a was pulling because after i let off he caught up pretty fast... Damn cant wait to see what my LS1 trans am will do H/C 6 speed....
Old 04-14-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Good kills man. 03/04 Cobras are the most satisfying kills in my opinion. Them and **** talking buddies. Congrats. You had my favorite dish. Smoked Cobra with a side of rice!LOL
Old 04-14-2006, 11:03 PM
LS7 Member

Nice kill! I love a good read
Old 04-15-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

The guy actually told you youre gonna get your *** handed to you? Wow. Good kill. What a jack ***.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well while we chatting back and forth he had mentioned his buddies have LS1's and he rips on them all day long.... I guess he didnt notice until after that my car was modified...... Aot of people dont think my car is modified becasue i have a inline exhaust resonator which really quite's everything down..... Ha ha its a sleeper until I romp it and unleash holy hell...
Old 04-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1SLO6
Ha ha its a sleeper until I romp it and unleash holy hell...
I like it, Yanking a Cobra by 6....OUCH! to ego. Good kill. I've got a couple arrogant Cobra owners around where I live and I'm watering at the mouth to sample toasted snake.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

sweet KILL ...but thats cool that he wasnt a **** bag after the race...i cant stand guys that think they cant lose...win some lose some.,..**** theres ALWAYS gonna be someone faster
Old 04-15-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SStheBest
sweet KILL ...but thats cool that he wasnt a **** bag after the race...i cant stand guys that think they cant lose...win some lose some.,..**** theres ALWAYS gonna be someone faster
i really hate the guys that always have an excuse after they lose.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

nice kill. Everybody needs an asswhooping on the street every now and then. All in good fun.