Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced pewter Z28 in jacksonville

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raced pewter Z28 in jacksonville

well i was on my way home from work and was coming up on one of the longest bridges in Jacksonville when i see a camaro in my rearview mirror. i saw him come around and from the side i could see it was z28 so i was like cool a v8. then he passed me a little and i saw true duals dumped and thought well he will take me but what the heck. so i get behind him i 6th and before i realize it he takes off and i can't find a lower gear to save my life. i finally grab 4th at about 80mph and try to catch him (yeah right) and chase him over the bridge i am not sure how fast i got but i hit redline in 4th and kept going into 5th and decided to let off. he took the same exit as me so i caught up to him and he threw me the horns and i returned. then we cruised back and forth down the road. i hope he sees this because i want to ask about his exhaust it did not look like a TSP. any ways it was fun and a cool guy i did not mind losing. i am stock after all.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

Nice run, But in my book I woulndt have considered that a loss. I mean you were behind him and you guys didnt line up and three honk it.....There for I dont see a loos, just a couple of F-bods having a lil fun runnin!!
Old 04-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Launching!

yeah i guess so. but i am pretty sure he would have won seeing as i am bone stock and he had something done to his car.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pewter u say? he didnt have like bright white lights? cause i got a guy who jumped past me out in OP who was pewter and true duals, i watched him race a 06 gt....
Old 04-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Launching!

it was probably the same car because we were coming out of OP onto the Buckman bridge when we hit it
Old 04-19-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, that guys got a pretty sick car, i know he walked the gt and i just sat back and watched....i love flyn over that bridge after i pass the smokey spot