Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

rare: turbo svt focus v 99 TA.....funny

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rare: turbo svt focus v 99 TA.....funny

so i know its a focus and im not big on myself....BUT...anyways i was driving down i-10 couple weeknights ago, just crusin listenin to some music, and some lil car comes flyn up next to me....and right away im like "cmon not another rice burner, im tired" well i just keep driving and this guys blowin off his turbo so i finally look over and its two fat kids in a focus with a coffee table wing and a lawn mower pipe and i just break out laughin. i think that kinda set him off cause he pulled in front of me and slowed way down, so i got over revved it up and he took off i just laughed and kept drivin normal, well he was whinin it out and i finally was like thats a good enough head start seein he was like 5 car lengths in front of me....so i dropped the gear and watched his chubby lil smile drop when i flew by him at 125....i got off on the ramp and he pulled up and i was like "man the only hope u have is a major weight reduction...ie lose ur friend LOL" i know it wouldnt help but i felt like sayn it....with that turbo his car is maybe makin 170hp lol o and dodge hemis are garbage to
Old 04-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Banned

Hrmmm...not big on yourself, eh? Laughing at fat ppl is kinda overplayed dont you think? (before we go there my bf composition is around 13-14% so dont play that card)
Old 04-17-2006, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

svt focus is a pretty light vehicle. 170hp without a turbo. I wouldn't call it fast but a 2600 pound vehicle with a turbo could have potential.

As for the hemi's being slow, depends on what your racing. Trucks and cars have them now.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

I would think a turbo focus would give a minor bolt on TA a better run. Maybe they had 300lbs of groceries in the back. With that light of a car and with 200ish whp with turbo it should have been a much closer race. Nice kill.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joewee350
I would think a turbo focus would give a minor bolt on TA a better run. Maybe they had 300lbs of groceries in the back. With that light of a car and with 200ish whp with turbo it should have been a much closer race. Nice kill.
i agree with that and plus a 200ish whp would prolly be pretty easy to get out of that car so i wouldnt be suprised if he had even more if it was indeed turbo'd. And being an *** to people that drive cars you dont like or are overweight is definitly not something to brag about here cuz we dont think thats cool. but still congrats on the kill
Old 04-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Your average light boost 2.0L car with stock injectors and maybe an upgraded fuel pump can run like 7PSI with most kits (thats a very general statement though..).

That would give him about 230ish maybe. So quick, but no likely to be giving LS1s trouble from a roll.

Nice kill, just remember the guy who had neons on his LS1. Rice can be a means of making people under-estimate you. I think it would be funny to just rice the crap out of like a 250 wet shot stalled/cammed/12bolt 408. Run a single 3.5 inch exsasut from the Y to a cutout, then like 2 inch to a chrome fart can. Nobody would ever see that coming, they would think it was a V6 He He.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

yea i mean im not really bragging bc IT WAS A FOCUS, i thought it was just funny, my car from the outside is pretty normal looking nothing flashy or shinny rims or anything im more into the engine then that stuff, and yea yall are prolly right about the hp of it, i thought stock those things were in the 140 range, and there not really geared to the best standards....and for the weight factor...my cars what between 3200-3400 pounds, i weigh about 175, for that lil car, having maybe 500 more pounds in it would be killer regardless of what its got goin on under the hood....there was a driver and a passanger and both were well porpotioned....even having a turbo on that car is pushin it, like with the manifolds and rings if he had a nos shot his engine would have taken a dump on him....i mean this was a focus....and for the hemis...its trucks...3 times ive just pulled up to redlights mindin my own business and i get some crazy redneck with a rumble bee or something tryn to jack with me....goooo haulllll aaaaa boaaaatttt
Old 04-17-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

have you guys seen those 5.0 SVT focus's? they only made 2 that i know of, seen them on the tube one day, looked like the boogied =)
Old 04-17-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the new focus ST has 240hp at the flywheel, can't remember the specs but it's about 6.2-6.4 to 60.