Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Is my lt1 a freak? (3 races... long)

Old 04-17-2006, 03:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Is my lt1 a freak? (3 races... long)

Ok... last night i was in a really really bad mood because of some **** with my girl. So i went out to cruz. (no bottle tonight)

The lt1 race
Basicly i was looking for some races and what not and as i was driving down the road i past a Ram Air LT1. He was on the side street turning the up the opposite direction i was heading. So i turned into a gas station and flipe da bitch and gave chase. I had never seen this car out before and wanted to see how well my stock lt1 faired against another possibly stock lt1.

The guy was going somewhere and had his soking hot girlfriend with him. <-- this is what we all love.. lol... we got to a intersection and he turned right and of course i followed. He slowed to about 25 and so i put the shifter in first so i wouldn't have to wait for the kick down (i know this is bad for this trans... but im going t-brake th-400 soon anyways). The first time we go i immediately start pulling and get in front of him and i shut down (we are on a city street where the speed limit is 30).

I want to go again so i have it in first and give him the motion to go. He gets the jump (i ave it to him of course) and i romp it. I start to catch a bit in first. The trans hits second and my car gets a lil squirly and i jsut start to walk by him. I almost shat myself. I left that road and went back to the strip and continued to cruz.

THe 5.not-so-slow...

After the lt1 I continued out looking for a NEWER mustang to race because i wanted to see how i faired there. But i had no luck on finding anything out and about.

But i was coming out of the old part of town and noticed a 5.0 driving away. It looked like a complete pile with some rims on it (like the solid "outlaw" style wheels... or the old popular centerline wheels). I followed up and we got a light. I could hear the car lobe pretty decent so i figured it wasn't stock. It was at least cammed. We leave the light and neither of us take off. but right after my trans shifts into second he blasts off.

So he has the jump and i stop it and have to wait what seems like FOREVER for the kickdown. But as soon as the kcik down hits i stop his pull and start to gain slow. My car shifts into second about 1/3 through second or so im right next to him. About this time he swerves into the tuning lane and stays there and continues to race me. This random swerve over scared me but i was like whatever. I stay right next to him all the way through second.

Then the 5.0 locks his breaks up like he seen a cop and turns down a side street very quickly.
THe LS2 race.

A few days ago a was cruzing out of my lil subburb (or whatever you call it) and I found myself driving to what apeared to be a newer Goat. It was an older guy, so i figuired my chance to see how bad a gto would kill me was not going to happen. It has nice aftermarket wheels and things and i gave him a thumbs up.

Later down the road we both hit a stop light and i jsut kinda checked out his car. I glanced up at the guy and he was watching the light religously so I was figuring on a race. The light turned green and about midway throug the intersection we both put it to the floor. My lil auto stayed with him through first and then in my second gear he starts walking me about like i did the LT1. We had to shut down right quick because we were gaining on traffic. I was surprised to see my lt1 not totaly jsut get demolished.

THe car had the quad exhaust pipes. So that would be the Ls2 right?

Local racing spot

I show up to the local racing spot and all the sudden a huge crown runs over to my car and greets me. I lvoed this because i didn't know ANYONE up there at that time so i thought that was cool. The one kid i knew had a 82 Trans am with a 4 speed and a "305". He pretty much had the fastest thing up there. He jsut wanted to know if i got my nitrous installed yet (i know he got his in).

All night people we asking everyone if htey wanted to race the Red firebird and no one would race it. THere was a older 5.0, and newer 5.0... some various hondas, and a h22 swapped civ. The other thing that was there that impressed me was a lifted duramax with a stage 3 bully dog setup.

The only 2 things that would race was my buddy in his ta and the duramax. But iw ould probly need the nitrous to beat either of them (maybe not the durmax.. because my buddy of the bottle beat him) so i declined and said next time.

My buddy beat the durmax off the bottle in his T/A. The H22 civ beat the duramax by jsut a tiny bit. The T/A beat the h22, but im not sure by how much. These were the only races worth mentioning. Believe it or not the duramax had traction problems

I told the kid with the newer 5.0 to bring his dad's ferrari for next time.

All in all.. good night off fun... jsut some drama with my girl (and her cutting her wrsit... ******* christ...)....

alright.. let the talking commence

Last edited by Dragframe; 04-17-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mistakingly got with a girl like that. Get out quick.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GR8GAME
I mistakingly got with a girl like that. Get out quick.
im emo and **** too.. but whoa... im not goign to stand for that... but she was a good freind before i was dating her... so im stuck with the **** either way. I figure i will help her the best i can. I mean i even work with her dad.... She is making progress....

anyone have any opinion on the races??? hahaha.. lol
Old 04-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dragframe
All in all.. good night off fun... jsut some drama with my girl (and her cutting her wrsit... ******* christ...)....
Well first off, nice races.

On my way to Quiznos about 3 weeks ago ( Ohhh i love subs ) im with some girl I'm kind of seeing, and some GTO pulls out of an intersection, and flies past me.

So with the lights deciding, i end up about 2 cars behind him, and we still have about 4 lights to go.
Well be as it may, both cars turned left into some hair saloon, and I was right next to him, with cars in front of us. ( by the way, I run a 13.5, but Wait till I get my gears and stall )

So anyways he keeps getting on his car, but it wasnt until I saw him checkin out my date that I got mad.
Where at the last light before the intersection of quiznos, its a bridge then overpass, so about 3/4 of a mile.
We lined up at a stand still, nose to nose, and I havent had many dig races.

He jumps the red light too soon, then hits the brakes just as the light turns green.
But I was ready, and didnt give him an inch of mercy. I put'r in D and let it have it.
I spun out more than I wanted too, but in a way i liked it and so did my passenger.
I took it up to about 95, and he didnt pull on me at all.

Girls I tell ya

and sorry to hear about that, there is nothing funny about losing blood.
Best of luck.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

just remember to lock up the knives next time you go racing.........tis what i do and yeah shes ****** crazy but i love er
Old 04-17-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the ls2 is a Heavy car but if you had gone past 60 mph he would have started pulling you Really bad.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dragframe
I told the kid with the newer 5.0 to bring his dad's ferrari for next time.
i've always wanted to see a ferrari drag race. my friends dad has a 355 berlinetta is his garage. i've tried to talk him into taking it out to the strip but that thing never gets out. but i know his dad occasionaly has a little fun with it on the freeway.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
9 Second Club

oh... my motor is stock.. but it has only 4000 miles on it...
Old 04-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
the ls2 is a Heavy car but if you had gone past 60 mph he would have started pulling you Really bad.
I think it was an LS1, cause we went to 100, and I thought for sure he was gonna catch me. No ****

Search this Thread