Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a TT SUPRA!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raced a TT SUPRA!!!

alright guys i know how we all get when we have a chance to race a TTsupra...well lastnite i FINALLY got my chance and its on video BUT the video DID NOT turn out very well(my buddies like second time filmin)...anyway he and i left a local meeting spot sunday night and decided to go down town to meet a girlfriend of mine...o btw on the way downtown my SES came on ...it was running fine...anyway parked on main street were a white supra with chrome wheels, not an over done body kit(very clean)....and a blue RSX type S...25min go by and my buddy and i and the girls decide to hit up a bar...WELL as soon as we hit the highway the girls are being them selves and speeding so im like whatever...i fly by the girls and my buddy starts screamin SUPRA SUPRA!!...my heart starts pounding immediatley...i slow down to about 58-60...supra gives a little gas to let me know hes game...he is about a quarter panel in front of me when i hear that lovely PPSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!....HE PUNCHED IT!!...so i stomp it. i shifted to third and slowly started inching on him and he fell back to my bumper...stayed in it shifting to 4th and he fell back a car and ended up shutin down around 130 ...i was geeked about it b/c it was my first and ONLY(so far) win against a TT supra(mind u i had my TOPS OUT AND THE ****** SES LIGHT WAS ON!!!)...and still won. i gave a thumbs up out the top and he flashed his lights and went on...GREATEST VICTORY YET!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

good kill, I have yet to race one on the street. Cant wait to run into one.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

i wish the video had turned out better...he got excited and kinda forgot to film.....at the start u actually see and HEAR the supra but as i start to pull on him he he looks at the speedometer and goes back and all u really see is darkness....BUT u can hear the ENTIRE THING!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SStheBest
i wish the video had turned out better...he got excited and kinda forgot to film.....at the start u actually see and HEAR the supra but as i start to pull on him he he looks at the speedometer and goes back and all u really see is darkness....BUT u can hear the ENTIRE THING!!!
Nice kill. I bet if you talked to him before hand, he would let you know that he had 800hp. Then after you beat him, he would then suddenly inform you that his boost was turned down and he was only making about 300hp at the time. Thats usually how it goes with those Supra guys.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice Kill! What kind of times do those run (near stock)?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Nice kill. I bet if you talked to him before hand, he would let you know that he had 800hp. Then after you beat him, he would then suddenly inform you that his boost was turned down and he was only making about 300hp at the time. Thats usually how it goes with those Supra guys.

soo soo true!!

why do people have to make up excuses anyways, if they lose, they should just accept it lol
Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

good kill man. Supra's are bad ***!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5

Who the hell you kidding?! Tha is how it goes with ALL turbo car drivers!LOL I am so ******* tired of hear=ing the words"I was in street trim" That I could puke! To me street trim is a hooker.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Nice.

Yeah, the whole low boost thing is BS. Run what ya brung. Besides which, most guys just go to the local 100 octane pump before racing anyway and turn up the boost. So usually guys are running pretty much the potential of their setups.

Course, this Supra guy seems cool, responding to the thumbs and all.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALl you have to do is smile and say I know, so i only went 1/2 throttle to make it fair

You can also carry around 2 used plug wires in your back seat and hold them up and say "naww, its cool, I was running a V6 too..."
Old 04-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Teching In

I don't know what Supra's you guys are running, but I've run LS1's many of times. It is exactly that, run what you brung and have no excuses, if they pull that boost sh.t that is just a plain cop out! But just be careful, I run low boost 98% of the time (and I know a lot of others that do also, still not an excuse in my opinion) and if I lose than so be it, but chances are and it's a big chance that I'll see your tail lights. Just a friendly reminder that there is always someone faster and anything can happen in the street! Good Kill!

Last edited by SupraSonic; 04-17-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Won1
sounds like fun, i too have yet to run into one, but my buddy has a SE TT supra im thinking about pounding
SE is not a turbo, unless he stuck a turbo kit or a actual turbo engine .
Anyway, to the original poster good kill !!!
Old 04-18-2006, 06:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SupraSonic
I don't know what Supra's you guys are running, but I've run LS1's many of times. It is exactly that, run what you brung and have no excuses, if they pull that boost sh.t that is just a plain cop out! But just be careful, I run low boost 98% of the time (and I know a lot of others that do also, still not an excuse in my opinion) and if I lose than so be it, but chances are and it's a big chance that I'll see your tail lights. Just a friendly reminder that there is always someone faster and anything can happen in the street! Good Kill!
Didn't you mean headlights??LOL. Unless you are admitting you are always behind and actually seeing tailights. With your sig though i would guess you see headlights most of the time.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brad8266
Didn't you mean headlights??LOL. Unless you are admitting you are always behind and actually seeing tailights. With your sig though i would guess you see headlights most of the time.
You know, I didn't think about it that way, I guess you're right! LOL! I guess you can look at it either way. I was perceiving looking out my front windsheild and you I believe from the rearview mirror. But most of the time because of all the cops here in California are cracking down on street racing, I usually won't engage into a race unless the guy is being a total nuasance. These days with wife and children, my car is more of a weekend thing. Less I drive it, the less that I can get in trouble. I'd rather race another day and go ahead and lose today then get caught and have my car towed away, just to say that I won. Not worth it in my book. Sorry guys, I don't mean to hijack the thread.

Peace!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SupraSonic
You know, I didn't think about it that way, I guess you're right! LOL! I guess you can look at it either way. I was perceiving looking out my front windsheild and you I believe from the rearview mirror. But most of the time because of all the cops here in California are cracking down on street racing, I usually won't engage into a race unless the guy is being a total nuasance. These days with wife and children, my car is more of a weekend thing. Less I drive it, the less that I can get in trouble. I'd rather race another day and go ahead and lose today then get caught and have my car towed away, just to say that I won. Not worth it in my book. Sorry guys, I don't mean to hijack the thread.

Peace!
Ahh, i get it now.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you had fun man. Nice job.

Bet the females liked it.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

lol hell yea....u guys wanna know somthin funny...after i left the bar like 40 min later and my buddy and me were leavin....i started my car and the SES was off ...lol i wasnt complaining though...it had been a LONG while since i had gotten into a race and maybe it just needed the **** drivin outta it(i sorta baby my car)...like 4 months....hasnt come on since
Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DocT
Nice Kill! What kind of times do those run (near stock)?
well if COMPLETELY in stock trim(this was a 93-97) they run like low 13's...POSSIBLY high 12's...this guy had an aftermarket exhaust...**** i could see the thing proabably 100yds away b/c it was so big
Old 04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SStheBest
......**** i could see the thing proabably 100yds away b/c it was so big

Kinda like my ding-a-ling.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Kinda like my ding-a-ling.
Hey, I'm trying to work here!