Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TA VS. Supercharged GT.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TA VS. Supercharged GT.

So last week on my way to my girlfriends house I was stuck in traffic and an i see a nice lookin Stang in my mirror. It was like an 03 or 04 mustang Gt with a body kit on and had those cool side skirts with the side exhaust. Well it was an old man probably like 50 or so driving it and he had his son in there. Well he kept letting a gap open between us and then would floor it past me and come to stop once hed reach the car in front of him. Well I didnt give him much attention do to the bumper to bumper traffic. He continued doin this so I would here his supercharger and try and scare me. Well at first I was intimidated especialy once i saw the Roush badge on the back of the car. So when traffic opend up he took off and got way ahead. I caught the light then took off when it turned green to catch him so i got next to him doin 80 in 3rd gear and he wouldnt look at me so i kept blurpin the throttle well he slows down to 60 as did I and he took off. I Know i should have put it in 2nd but I didnt think he wanted to race when he slowed down. So he took off first and pulled like a car and a half in front of me and then i caught him pretty quick and we were neck in neck until i through it into 4th and then I passed him up and i beat him by a little more then a car. So after words i had to turn and i waved at him as i got in the turn lane but he didnt look. I then called my bro because hes got a 03 GT and he didnt belive it was supercharged and told me im crazy. I couldnt belive it myself but if you think about it its logical because a stock GT runs like a 14.6 if you add a supercharger to it even if he gained a 100 HP out of it hed still run like a 13.4-13.6. It was the best race ive ever had and the first one this year!
Old 04-25-2006, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

awesome. I killed a supercharged Mustang about 7 months ago, mods in sig. so it's not unheard of. haha still funny to see their faces when their "blown monster" gets owned by an almost stock NA car go tell your bro that. haha
Old 04-25-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHA nice kill man...
Old 04-25-2006, 05:46 PM

Good kill.

I think it definitally depends on the setup and other mods. I've seen supercharged GT's that can't go faster then 13.5 and then my friend just dynoed 390 rwhp with his, so it all depends.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Yah thanks guys. Yah my bro was so pissed about it that it motivated him to buy some parts behind my back I might add. He just bought a 3.73 gear so once he gets some miles on it it will be fun to take him out too!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Ha, dont think 3.73 is gona do it for your brothers GT
Old 04-26-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1crazy01
So last week on my way to my girlfriends house I was stuck in traffic and an i see a nice lookin Stang in my mirror. It was like an 03 or 04 mustang Gt with a body kit on and had those cool side skirts with the side exhaust. Well it was an old man probably like 50 or so driving it and he had his son in there. Well he kept letting a gap open between us and then would floor it past me and come to stop once hed reach the car in front of him. Well I didnt give him much attention do to the bumper to bumper traffic. He continued doin this so I would here his supercharger and try and scare me. Well at first I was intimidated especialy once i saw the Roush badge on the back of the car. So when traffic opend up he took off and got way ahead. I caught the light then took off when it turned green to catch him so i got next to him doin 80 in 3rd gear and he wouldnt look at me so i kept blurpin the throttle well he slows down to 60 as did I and he took off. I Know i should have put it in 2nd but I didnt think he wanted to race when he slowed down. So he took off first and pulled like a car and a half in front of me and then i caught him pretty quick and we were neck in neck until i through it into 4th and then I passed him up and i beat him by a little more then a car. So after words i had to turn and i waved at him as i got in the turn lane but he didnt look. I then called my bro because hes got a 03 GT and he didnt belive it was supercharged and told me im crazy. I couldnt belive it myself but if you think about it its logical because a stock GT runs like a 14.6 if you add a supercharger to it even if he gained a 100 HP out of it hed still run like a 13.4-13.6. It was the best race ive ever had and the first one this year!
Good kill

But where on Earth are you getting your numbers from?

A well driven STOCK 99+ Mustang GT should be good for 14.0-14.2 with a manual gearbox and a few have made it into the 13.9's albeit @ 98-100mph.

Most of the blower car should make a minimum of 350rwhp even if it's a Roots style blower as opposed to the more efficent Centrifugal and Twin Screw setups. This should place them in the 12's with a much better trap speed.

420rwhp seems to be about the limit for stock internals but for the better blower kits it shouldn't be a problem to hit and these cars should be trapping in the 11's (driver/traction permitting).
Old 04-26-2006, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Good kill

But where on Earth are you getting your numbers from?

A well driven STOCK 99+ Mustang GT should be good for 14.0-14.2 with a manual gearbox and a few have made it into the 13.9's albeit @ 98-100mph.

Most of the blower car should make a minimum of 350rwhp even if it's a Roots style blower as opposed to the more efficent Centrifugal and Twin Screw setups. This should place them in the 12's with a much better trap speed.

420rwhp seems to be about the limit for stock internals but for the better blower kits it shouldn't be a problem to hit and these cars should be trapping in the 11's (driver/traction permitting).
mine was done at 418rwhp (in an auto tho, my BHP was much more then a 5spd at 420rwhp).....

Without knowing anything about the GT you raced theres not much to say but good kill.

BTW a near stock AUTO GT with 8psi no cooler will only put down on average 335-340rwhp on a mail order tune (decent run for a bolt-on near stock strong LS1). Just a custom tune will put them in the 370rwhp range, headers and exhaust, powerpipe they can be near 400rwhp (in an auto, a 5spd about 20rwhp more), then for 30 bucks do a pulley and the powers endless or till you blow something.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

I just got my numbers from what ive seen them run and what my bro's ran. I havent honestly seen better then maybe a 14.4 ran by a stock GT thats not to say its imposible or that it dosent happen.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1crazy01
I just got my numbers from what ive seen them run and what my bro's ran. I havent honestly seen better then maybe a 14.4 ran by a stock GT thats not to say its imposible or that it dosent happen.
I understand Im not arguing or saying ita not true just don't think all of them run that bad, my auto stock ran 14.2 and boosted, mine was set up right and was impressive and also weighin in at 3300#s....
Old 04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, if done right, the mustangs can be a really quick car. I have a few friends that drive them.

One, bolt on's, gears and drag radials put him at a 13.1. Not the fastest car around, but still pretty quick.

Another friend has long tubes, catted x pipe, gears and a procharger with all the supporting hardware and he's running 11.4x's with a 118-119 trap.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 4.6 is really not the best NA platform, but force-feed it and its a whole 'nother animal. I think its a misconception though that it is a high rpm motor. the 5.0 had a MUCH better bore/stroke ratio for the high rpms than the 4.6. The 4.6 DOES, however, have a MUCH stronger block. Internals are about = except for the forged piston 5.0s (87-92).