Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got my ass handed to me by a Ricer

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my *** handed to me by a Ricer

Theres a cocky kid I work with thats really into street racing. He continuously tries to get me to race, and tonight I finally gave in and agreed to race him. The race was for 50 bucks and on a basically empty industrial street in Ontario, Ca. He owns a 92 Sentra Se-R with a SR20DET motor swap, it's basically a turbo charged Japanese engine that puts out about 225 hp(I looked it up), and the car weighs about 2500 lbs. Long story short he has 1000's invested into his car(Exhaust, Intake,"Naws"). I have a stock 00 z28 a4 (305 hp,335 lbs/ torque), with a dirty air filter, I suspect not to clean fuel system, that I've owned for 3 weeks. He measured out the 1/4(I think it was short), warmed up his tires and we lined up. His friend flagged the race, and to my susprise I got a really good launch and beat him to the 7th light(the makeshift 1/4 mile mark). The second race he got the launch and stayed in front of me the whole race. The third race we were dead even till 60, then I started to pull(at least two lengths), till 90 when he shot by me like I was hitting the breaks. Either that wasnt a 1/4 mile or my car is slow as hell, because I couldnt hit 100, the closest I got was 98. LS1 Camaros are supposed to trap at well over 100 right? I'm convinced my car is running sluggish because of dirty injectors or something, because LS1's are supposed to have top end and I was losing steam after about 80, and the guy I raced said he averages 13.9-14.2 on street tires and his best time was 13.8 on streets.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:55 AM
TECH Resident

Definately sounds like something isn't right with ur ride.....I would think u should have beat him pretty easily however the 92 sentra SE-R is the lightest sentra and with sr20de+t, which handles boost very well can put up some really good #'s.....I've seen 1 run in the low 12's But at the end of the day, it's still a sentra....lol You should have been trappin at least 107-110...that is the average I think for a stock LS1 F-body
Old 04-29-2006, 03:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
Definately sounds like something isn't right with ur ride.....I would think u should have beat him pretty easily however the 92 sentra SE-R is the lightest sentra and with sr20de+t, which handles boost very well can put up some really good #'s.....I've seen 1 run in the low 12's But at the end of the day, it's still a sentra....lol You should have been trappin at least 107-110...that is the average I think for a stock LS1 F-body
thats what I thought...I think he figured I'd edge him out in the 1/4 and measured a short 1/4 mile or something's wrong with my car thats making it sluggish
Old 04-29-2006, 04:00 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

107-110 avg for an F-body? Try 103-108.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:59 AM
On The Tree

lol at people thinking stock AUTO fbody will trap 108. maybe 1 in every 3-400
Old 04-29-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wtf, this is the same guy that put two cars on me from a roll. Serious ****. I was going nuts because he was basically picking on me then beat me lol.That's crazy, he ripped me apart but I guess Im not the only one

Last edited by DaGeneral; 04-29-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DaGeneral
wtf, this is the same guy that put two cars on me from a roll. Serious ****. I was going nuts because he was basically picking on me then beat me lol. What part of Ontario are you at ? That's crazy, he ripped me apart but I guess Im not the only one
By the 10 freeway and Etiwanda, it's a Black Sentra Se-R. Everyone at work says he beats "Sti's". I told then my car wasnt a rice rocket piece of **** Sti, and I would run him especially if he runs low 14's/high 13's(thats Lt1 competition). I got my *** handed to me, and I was trapping in the mid 90's. I checked under the hood I have a stiff piece or cardboard for a air filter(a brownish paper filter that used to be white). I also suspect that I have dirty injectors, my car is running slooooow it's stops pulling after 80 thats why I lost the 3rd race.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by strokedmti422
lol at people thinking stock AUTO fbody will trap 108. maybe 1 in every 3-400
My friend Angel'ss 02 z28 A4 trapped at 107 at the Speedway, on street tires @ 92XXX miles, and He's no hell of a driver(spins the tires, doesnt understand the concept of cleaning/smoking the tires for traction) he just drives.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I would think he would be around a 13.8 or so without the nitrous. 225 horsepower in a 2500 pound car is definately good for that. maybe he didnt tell you what it ran on nitrous....so he would sucker you into a race.

a 98 auto z28 bone stock would trap about 103-105. anymore than that is on the high end.

get new plugs, fuel filter, and air filter. throw on a lid..and try it again.

if you really think your injectors are dirty run a couple cans of injector cleaner through it.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just for comparison....stock 98-02 A4 LS1s average high 13's and between 101-104 mph where im from. But every geographical location differs i guess.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Im with UltraZLS1 here. New plugs, Some MSD wires, K&N, lid, and a can of SeaFoam in the gas tank will make your car run real good.
If you JUST bought the car, there is no real way to know what the last owner did to it, so IMO the only way you'll know for sure is to give it a TUNE UP!!
Then Run him again, and see.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

It does not sound to me has a ricer....its obviously an import car enthusiast who knows his ****. Your car needs possibly a good tune-up and some tender loving care but again sounds like that car is well built. Nice death.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
I would think he would be around a 13.8 or so without the nitrous. 225 horsepower in a 2500 pound car is definately good for that. maybe he didnt tell you what it ran on nitrous....so he would sucker you into a race.

a 98 auto z28 bone stock would trap about 103-105. anymore than that is on the high end.

get new plugs, fuel filter, and air filter. throw on a lid..and try it again.

if you really think your injectors are dirty run a couple cans of injector cleaner through it.
his best was a 13.8 on streets...and 13.5 on slicks. It should be nothing for a car that dyno's around 300(from what I hear) to break into mid 13's and stomp on a 14 flat car. my car never hit 100
Old 04-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chaman
It does not sound to me has a ricer....its obviously an import car enthusiast who knows his ****. Your car needs possibly a good tune-up and some tender loving care but again sounds like that car is well built. Nice death.
but he leads the pack of ricers at work that will never let me hear the end of this...till I beat him in my stock(properly serviced) z28
Old 04-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1QuickBlkZ28
but he leads the pack of ricers at work that will never let me hear the end of this...till I beat him in my stock(properly serviced) z28
Put on a nitrous kit and shut him up
Old 04-29-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I agree that the guy obviously is not the typical "ricer". He seems to know his **** ok and beat you. if you think your car is running bad givr it a good tuneup (air/fuel filter, plugs, wires, and throw a lid on for $75) Also put a can of seafoam in the gas tank, a can in the oil, and a can through the brake booster hose to clean out the intake, cyl heads, and piston tops. This should bring your car back to par. When I bought my car at 58k it still had the original spark plugs in it, the owner must have bought into that 100k mile crap that the dealer says.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brad8266
Yeah I agree that the guy obviously is not the typical "ricer". He seems to know his **** ok and beat you. if you think your car is running bad givr it a good tuneup (air/fuel filter, plugs, wires, and throw a lid on for $75) Also put a can of seafoam in the gas tank, a can in the oil, and a can through the brake booster hose to clean out the intake, cyl heads, and piston tops. This should bring your car back to par. When I bought my car at 58k it still had the original spark plugs in it, the owner must have bought into that 100k mile crap that the dealer says.
I bought into that same BS...how much would a tune up with a new air/fuel filter cost?
Old 04-29-2006, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

I feel your pain dude it's humiliating to lose to some cocky guy in an import, even if it is a seriously fast ride and not just rice. Wouldn't be so bad if he acted cooler about it.

Before you assume something's seriously wrong with your Z though I would make sure you were really running a full quarter, I wouldn't trust him any further than I could throw him to not mark off a real full quarter mile... and before running again I would ask him whether the 13.8 was with spray or without, I'm betting without and he's in low 13's with the spray and he was spraying you when you lost to him.

If you run your Z in a real quarter and you're only trapping 98, than yeah I'd say you have problems.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stevespewterZ
I feel your pain dude it's humiliating to lose to some cocky guy in an import, even if it is a seriously fast ride and not just rice. Wouldn't be so bad if he acted cooler about it.

Before you assume something's seriously wrong with your Z though I would make sure you were really running a full quarter, I wouldn't trust him any further than I could throw him to not mark off a real full quarter mile... and before running again I would ask him whether the 13.8 was with spray or without, I'm betting without and he's in low 13's with the spray and he was spraying you when you lost to him.

If you run your Z in a real quarter and you're only trapping 98, than yeah I'd say you have problems.
98 was my best the first 2 times it was more like mid 90's, and the the 13.8 was w/out spray. Last night claimed he wasnt spraying, and my low traps leads me to belive that his car performed the way it was supposed to and my car is sluggish as hell
Old 04-29-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaman

It sounds the the starter of the thread is the real ricer, If you dont know about those little cars you should and learn quick.

The SER sentra, SER 200SX and the infinitie G20 all share the same platforum and come with a non turbo SR20 motor.

Its almost as strong as the JDM turbo, the turbo bottum end is still better but the US spec one will make a good amount of power to make honda people sit in a corner and cry.

They are very light, and and one of the easyest cars to boost and can somone of the fastest fwd street cars, You can spend big money or you can DIY it the little ****** will still be quick. There awsome little cars and they are AUTO CROSS monsters!

They will make well over 300whp with the us block, and 400s with a JDM motor.