Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs. 06 M3

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
haha i love how pretty much all my racing posts bring up how kids shouldnt have fast cars, shouldnt be racing, yada yada its really entertaining sometimes, but shitty others, i mean we have to start somewhere, me and my best friend both drive fast muscle cars, and we are at the track every night possible and im not saying we have the track and seat time that some of you guys do, but we hardly sreet race just cuz of the fact we get labeled unsafe out of control and so on and so forth its jsut bullshit i mean we both have had friends die driving out of control, and they took someone else with them and we both were deeply touched by that, and we are as safe as we can be when we do street race, but why should we not be able to and get smashed for it when the older people get to just fine?
Oh to be young and know everything...

"as safe as we can when we do street race" Thats an oxymoron.

Do a little reaserch and youll find you are in the most dangerous of all catagorized drivers on the road.

White Males under 18 with V8 RWD Cars.

#1 Highest Insurance Rates.
#1 Deaths not related to drugs or alcohol
#1 Ticketed demographic

So my point is this.

You are not as good as you think, you are not as safe as you think, and belive it or not, your LS1 is not as fast as you think (but close:-))

Be safe, keep my insurance rates down....don't get killed or wreck your ride.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

I've got the fastest car at my school, too, sad, huh? My buddy has a '96 Z28, but with my 4.10s going in (right now as a matter of fact), it's not going to be pretty. The only other competition is a teacher's '02 Mustang GT M5.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
So one of the seniors at my school just traded in his old boxter for a brand new fire engine red M3. He has had it for about a week now and is walking around the school saying "LS what?" trying to call me out so last night i finally was like alright whatever lets run. we decide its a best outa 3 for fastest car in the school, one roll and two digs.

we go from a 20 roll, which is pretty much my sweat spot with the gears three honks and instantly i jump 1/2 a car, slam second and third and shut down at 100 with 2 cars...

the first roll i dont know what i was thinking and pretty much didnt even compete, let the clutch out slow and saw taillights from get the go, lost by a car. the third dig with my tires finally heated a litte, we line up and wait for the light to turn green, launched at 2700 and spun a little but still have him but 1/4 car to 60 and then a 1 1/2 by 100...

so much fo high school drama, but the SS is still the fastest, and im only a junior in highschool haha
Which gear were you in when you launched from 20mph? There is this former student of mine who dropped out of college who has a 04m3 that he bought off ebay. Keeps talking trash about my car. So, you would say that the m3 did best from a dig?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from 20 i launched in 1st... i cant launch my car at all, my tires are fairly worthless so against me they do better from a dig, but i do better against anything from a roll just cuz of my inablilty to launch on the street
Old 05-02-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm the same thing is happening with a friend of mine in high school. I kid got a new M3 and is talking ****. He says he'll rape him on the highway because he has 300 ft-lbs. Well, this will be recorded when it happens. My friends T/A made 350 rwhp with full exhaust (no cats) and a ported TB. His brother and I will also be attending to add to the carnage...we're both cammed.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

haha make sure to post that vid... should be a good laugh
Old 05-02-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

It'll be posted if everyhting works out.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man do m3 kids think they have the fastest cars in the world
Old 05-03-2006, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
Oh to be young and know everything...

"as safe as we can when we do street race" Thats an oxymoron.

Do a little reaserch and youll find you are in the most dangerous of all catagorized drivers on the road.

White Males under 18 with V8 RWD Cars.

#1 Highest Insurance Rates.
#1 Deaths not related to drugs or alcohol
#1 Ticketed demographic

So my point is this.

You are not as good as you think, you are not as safe as you think, and belive it or not, your LS1 is not as fast as you think (but close:-))

Be safe, keep my insurance rates down....don't get killed or wreck your ride.

You sure im a dangerous driver??? im 19 and ive been driving my car for 5 years with zero tickets and zero accidents, can u say the same???
Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
You sure im a dangerous driver??? im 19 and ive been driving my car for 5 years with zero tickets and zero accidents, can u say the same???

No I can't, Im 29 have been driving for 15 years and have no tickets, or accidents (well none on the roads, 2 MC road racing accidents at the race track).

Its a law of averages, as you get older you'll find out the law of averages always evens things out.

Any Older guys here, you can back me up.

While you may be the next Mario Andretti, on average it is 18 YO kids with Big V8's that are killing my insurance premium, and it frustrating.

But like I said, just be careful.

Have a good one.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

You be careful to!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can't argue with statistics. Fortunately I haven't had any tickets or been in any "at fault" accidents ( I got rear-ended by a kid in an integra when leaving school one day).
Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Launching!

I totally agree... I'm only 21 now, but it's scary for me to imagine how I would have been in my car when I was 18. When I was 18, I thought i was the best driver in the world and how I could handle my car better than anyone else could.... yada yada yada... i went to the track and what not... in retrospect, I'm thinking, I didn't know ****.... I can only imagine how much better I'll be in 3 more years....
Old 05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Teching In

As much as I hate to say it, these old farts are right. I'm 19 and drive an LS1 also and get the same speech that I shouldn't have a car that fast. We just think we're the best drivers in the world when we're actually not, that's just our mentality at our age. The truth is that with age comes experience and although some of us may be skilled drivers it doesn't take an idiot to lose control at 130+.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got my car when I was 17. I never thought I was the best driver in the world. Obviously it depends on the actual person who owns the car. I'll be honest though, a generalization on this subject will be pretty accurate, I think. Most kids think they are unstoppable because they are young and have "faster relfexes" or whatever.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Launching!

My best friend, (like a lil bro to me, he's 17), who I've known since I was 5 years old.... He went out and followed my footsteps with the ls1 and got a transam. He recently pressed the gas to accelerate hard, and the tire pressure wasn't exactly right, his wheels spun, he was already doing 60mph and lost control, car fell 12 feet down an inbankment into oncoming traffic, he 540'd between 2 cars... thankfully, it was a 1 car accident, but he totalled his car. He is probably one of the most mature kids I've ever known and the least likey to lose control of a car.... it's just all it takes.

Last edited by MagikMan; 05-04-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

I could have sworn I read Continental GT in one of the earlier posts about what kind of cars these kids are driving to school. A Mercedes, Range Rover or BMW I can understand, but a f*$%ing Bentley, please tell me I was hallucinating.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

me and my mach 1 friend has a kid who drives one of the new ferrari superamerica on weekends.... and an M5 to school on weekdays...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

bm WHAT????? lol
Old 05-28-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

on the subject of young drivers owning fast cars- all i have to say is if i had a fast car before i was 19 or so i'd be dead right now. i only have 2 accidents and one was 100% NOT my fault, but many many close calls that easily could've killed me, and countless nights of doing stupid **** in my cars like topping them out and driving like a complete psychotic *******. throw a ls1 into the mix and it's over.

everybody be safe, and remember you are not invincible in your car.