Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 T/A raced evo.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 T/A raced evo.

Raced an evo in Daytona it was blue with a large wing.He was buzzing next to me on I-95 so I eased into the thottle at around 65 waiting for him to hit it.When he did I pulled around 3 cars by 100,we did this 2 more times before he dropped back.I've heard they fast but I guess not in stock trim,my 98 Trans Am A4 3.23 only has all the free mods, K&N and Hooker cat-back and I was able to toy with him,it was no where near as close as the 5 speed mach 1 I had raced earlier that week.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:25 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by swoleguy
Raced an evo in Daytona it was blue with a large wing.He was buzzing next to me on I-95 so I eased into the thottle at around 65 waiting for him to hit it.When he did I pulled around 3 cars by 100,we did this 2 more times before he dropped back.I've heard they fast but I guess not in stock trim,my 98 Trans Am A4 3.23 only has all the free mods, K&N and Hooker cat-back and I was able to toy with him,it was no where near as close as the 5 speed mach 1 I had raced earlier that week.
I had no problem with 6speed cars with the same mods as you when all i had was exhaust, boost controller and a tune. Maybe he just had exhaust and was untuned. :dunno:

It's always fun to toy with other cars, nice kill.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Maybe he was stock...

...Much more likely.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

ya ,I thought they where close in stock trim from what i've heard from ricer's but still it was quick for a 4banger.It reminded me of the first time I raced a vtech del sol with my 5.0 like 12 years ago.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

they post very similar numbers in the 1/4, but with a decently slower trap speed. They hook well with the AWD, but don't have the topend of an LS1. Good kill
Old 05-06-2006, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
I had no problem with 6speed cars with the same mods as you when all i had was exhaust, boost controller and a tune.
Not to start a huge debate, but these drivers you were up against must have been half asleep. After the installation of the converter, along with some additional tuning, modded EVO's have become a complete bore on the highway for me...

Much more comp from a dig though, that's for sure...
Old 05-06-2006, 06:30 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Not to start a huge debate, but these drivers you were up against must have been half asleep. After the installation of the converter, along with some additional tuning, modded EVO's have become a complete bore on the highway for me...

Much more comp from a dig though, that's for sure...
Well I speak from races with three different 6 speed cars... Two of the cars are owned by good friends of mine, so I don't know what to tell ya. My car was healthy at the time for those mods, but not a freak or anything. :dunno:

Search this Thread