Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Lightning kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Lightning kill

Well this all started last night at the Quiktrip on Davis Blvd. My buddies and I were getting gas and assorted snacks and beverages, when a white lightning pulled up. One of my buddies is in love with those trucks so I crack a joke about it and he gets all pissed and goes up to the guy and gets him to come over to me.
Then the guy starts talkin **** on my car and he says he would beat me no doubt about it, and i asked him what he had done, and he was like I'm not tellin you and I said well if you can beat me so bad why are ya worried about it, so he "CLAIMS" this is what he claims so I dont wanna catch any **** for this, I dont want any **** started on this thread about how theres no way in hell i beat him cause i killed his ***, you can say his mods were slightly exaggerated but this came straight outta his mouth. He "CLAIMED" to be runnin 16 psi of boost, full bassani exhaust with x-pipe, cold air intake and upgrades to the supercharger, he also claimed he dynoed at 410 hp and 500 torque to the ground, I have 2.73's in my car so I ask him if he wants to go from a roll on the highway and he agrees, so wwe get on 820 west and go from a 60 punch and I pulled an instant 3 cars on him, it was a joke After he got embarassed we stopped at the gas station on Beach Street and he gets outta the truck and is so pissed off, and starts to give me its a truck speech and the highway is for pussies and that we need to go from a dead stop, as he is sayin this a black guy randomly comes up to my window and trys to sell me his rap cd I couldn't help but laugh and I said I dont listen to rap and the black guy asks me if we were racin and I said yeah and I just beat him and he's pissed off about it, SO the black guy takes it upon himself to try and start a fight with the guy in the truck I couldnt believe they were about to fight over nothin! It was so funny! Well after that the cops show up of course and ask who was fightin we said the black guy had already left so the cop hauled ***.
Meanwhile the guy in the truck is still pissed and wants to go from a low roll and the whole time i've been tellin him he would kill me cause of the rear end gears alone, i mean seriously 2.73's against his 3.55's? Who do you think is gonna win, but he wont give up so I give in and race him on the highway again from a 35 (he got to pick the speed this time) It was a good punch for him and I had no choice but to put it in second and pray that it would work so he 3 hinks it and were dead even til we hit about 100 then I pull a fender on him and i am steadily crawlin past him and we shut em down at 135, then he wants to stop and talk again, so we stop on the beach street again and he finally gives me some credit and then we start shootin the ****, he was a pretty cool guy after the second race and by then cops were everywhere so we just left and went home. That's the first lightning i ever raced so I had no idea what to expect, based on the story which is 100% true what kinda power do you really think he was puttin down? Cause I'll be the first to call bullshit on his dyno numbers.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Good story. Good kill too. He may very well of had those mods. He is pushing a brick. Those things are over 4000 pounds. Good kill!
Old 05-07-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dood, I was out at the b.s. ricer-races last night at N.Beach. What are you in?
I lurk those same highways every weekend. I couldn't believe someone was talking about 820 when I first read ur thread.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good kill...i love lightnings...only ford i would probably own...but they are mainly dyno queens...i mean there are alot of fast ones out there...but ive seen 500hp lightnins running in the mid 12's!!! I ran against one at the track a few weeks back and he ran an 8.10 an he said had 400+rwhp
Old 05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill... Its true most are dyno queens.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

I drive a white 99 Z-28, its wrecked on the front right hand side thanks to a dumbass in a miata. I'm usually out at the races on beach, but lately its nothin but drama, like in the story they almost started fighting for no reason lol. But hey maybe i'll see ya out there sometime.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea lightnings arent great at all from a roll. when i was stock i would beat them. then once i had my mods(in sig), i definatley beat them. when i had my old 97 z28, i raced a black one that claimed to have over 600whp from a dig. eveytime i would jump him til 30-35mph and then it was just over, i was destroyed. my friend has a red one that dynoed 454whp, i saw the sheet. and everytime i run him with my 99 ss from a slow roll, were even til bout 90mph and then i pull.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by thislswon
good kill...i love lightnings...only ford i would probably own...but they are mainly dyno queens...i mean there are alot of fast ones out there...but ive seen 500hp lightnins running in the mid 12's!!! I ran against one at the track a few weeks back and he ran an 8.10 an he said had 400+rwhp
Keep in mind they weigh 4700-4800 lbs with no weight reduction.