Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

dunno what the hell was done to this car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dunno what the hell was done to this car!!!

so im on my way home from a friends house tonight when i cruising along about 65 when i see headlights gaining on me real quick...dont really pay much attention cuz its late and lots of ppl fly this time of night on the interstate!!!
So anyways it gets closer and i cant tell what kind of car is...looks like a luxury car...i see the HID lights and the low stance so i think nothing of it...car pulls up next to me and its an infiniti g35...i dont pay it much attention...never ran one but from seing post on here i think to myself..not much competition....
Well he cruises right beside me for a few miles...doesnt throw any revs or roll down his window or nuttin...so i just drive...well after a few miles im like that the ****....so i speed up to about 75...he stays with me...so im like ok...WTF...i slow back down and he does...i roll down my window...he doesnt....im gettin sick of this...i figure he wants to play but gives me no clear sign...so i roll up my window and continue to drive...well all of a sudden he lays into it and it pulls pretty good...nuttin really impressive..but suprising..so now im thinking...hmmm...might be a decent race...well i never take any chnces so i always use the bottle unless its already agreed that i wont....he slows up and i get beside him again...i hear him gear down...we slow till bout 35...nice lil sweet spot for me .... ....i wait for him to honk...he doesnt...lol..im like ok WTF...i get ready to hit the horn and he starts...1..2..3...i pull hard on the 3rd honk..but not super hard...by about 55 hes stopped my pull....bout 70 hes all up on my ***....im thinking no ****** way this dude is pullin me like this top end!!! about 80 hes at my door...round 90 he pulled maybe a fender...bout 97 im back up even with him and pullin him now...i stay into it until 115 or so and got about 1 1/2 cars on him!!!!
We let off of it due to traffic....during the race i had my windows up and my radio on so really couldne hear the car....after the race i roll my windows down to listen for a turbo or something...i motion for him to roll down the windows a couple times but he doesnt...i get behind him to see his plates to see where hes from and they say "SLEEPER"
Any ideas?? im thinking turbo and nitrous...lol..dunno what else could give it that power...had killer low-mid range power but came up a lil short on the big end!! I think it was an auto too...
Old 05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thislswon
so im on my way home from a friends house tonight when i cruising along about 65 when i see headlights gaining on me real quick...dont really pay much attention cuz its late and lots of ppl fly this time of night on the interstate!!!
So anyways it gets closer and i cant tell what kind of car is...looks like a luxury car...i see the HID lights and the low stance so i think nothing of it...car pulls up next to me and its an infiniti g35...i dont pay it much attention...never ran one but from seing post on here i think to myself..not much competition....
Well he cruises right beside me for a few miles...doesnt throw any revs or roll down his window or nuttin...so i just drive...well after a few miles im like that the ****....so i speed up to about 75...he stays with me...so im like ok...WTF...i slow back down and he does...i roll down my window...he doesnt....im gettin sick of this...i figure he wants to play but gives me no clear sign...so i roll up my window and continue to drive...well all of a sudden he lays into it and it pulls pretty good...nuttin really impressive..but suprising..so now im thinking...hmmm...might be a decent race...well i never take any chnces so i always use the bottle unless its already agreed that i wont....he slows up and i get beside him again...i hear him gear down...we slow till bout 35...nice lil sweet spot for me .... ....i wait for him to honk...he doesnt...lol..im like ok WTF...i get ready to hit the horn and he starts...1..2..3...i pull hard on the 3rd honk..but not super hard...by about 55 hes stopped my pull....bout 70 hes all up on my ***....im thinking no ****** way this dude is pullin me like this top end!!! about 80 hes at my door...round 90 he pulled maybe a fender...bout 97 im back up even with him and pullin him now...i stay into it until 115 or so and got about 1 1/2 cars on him!!!!
We let off of it due to traffic....during the race i had my windows up and my radio on so really couldne hear the car....after the race i roll my windows down to listen for a turbo or something...i motion for him to roll down the windows a couple times but he doesnt...i get behind him to see his plates to see where hes from and they say "SLEEPER"
Any ideas?? im thinking turbo and nitrous...lol..dunno what else could give it that power...had killer low-mid range power but came up a lil short on the big end!! I think it was an auto too...
Did you spray on him? I bet he it was a tt setup. Seems to be popular on those 350z/g35s.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn!!!!!
72 views and no answers!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

I don't know man. Him pulling ya midrange and falling off up top doesn't sound like he was TT'd. Maybe SC'd with spray? Turbos do their best work up top, not in the middle.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Teching In

whatever it was I want one
Old 05-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Teching In

weird, I had a Stillen SC'd G35 coupe, it pulld hard in the mid, but just as hard up top.

Maybe just a bunch of nitrous, and he ran out??

They are 13.9 - 14.2 and 5.0 0-60 stock. So they arent dogs to start with

Last edited by CTSVSL65AMG; 05-09-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
I don't know man. Him pulling ya midrange and falling off up top doesn't sound like he was TT'd. Maybe SC'd with spray? Turbos do their best work up top, not in the middle.
That all depends on what turbo is on the car.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a damn good run. Maybe small turbo(s) and they just ran out of juice.
Would be nice to find out.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with above poster. TT
Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea...i was thinking turbo..but never did hear the BOV...and i couldnt see an intercoller on the front...coulda been alot of juice also...and he just ran out...bout the only things i can think of...but i dont think he ran out of nitrous because when he ran out i woulda started raping him...after i started pullin on the big end it was a slow progressive pull...not a hard pull?????
Old 05-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Teching In

If I was turbo'd, you wouldn't hear mine either.