Old 05-13-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darrens #'s seem to be right on the money. You guys are both close so who cares
Old 05-13-2006, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
you went through all of that trouble to say you think my numbers are off by 5 hp? There are many interpretations of dynonumbers, I gave generic info based off of dynojet numbers. Alot of the low numbers are based off of mustang dynos. My 94 A4 dynoed 270 rwhp on a dynojet with just a muffler. She dynoed 249/310 on a mustang dyno. Looks to me like all of those examples you posted up are mustang numbers, which notoriously dyno low.

There's a thread like this in this sites LT1 section, check it out. I'd copy and paste all the **** from this site but really don't feel like going through the work.

So back in reality, realize that numbers vary from place to place due to incredible amounts of variables, and I gave generic, CORRECT, dynojet numbers for sea level.

It's typical to see LS1 owners bashing LT1s in threads like this...
I know you WANT them to be mustang dyno numbers, but they are dynojet. I went through all of that trouble (which it really wasn't that hard or time consuming) to show that my numbers are right on, yours were a little high and that no misinformation was given.

At least not by me.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Anyways, I just tried calling FuddleRacing and left a message. It doesnt say on the site how much next day shipping is or anything for that matter. I guess you have to fill out everything once you already buy it and are filling out the purchase sheet.. Does anyone know if Fuddle does over-the-phone orders? Do they accept money orders? Oh...and how
can I transfer cash into my Paypal if they don't take money orders? I just need this figured out because I want the converter to be received and put in ASAP as well.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by s346k
not to sound like a dick, but...i have yet to suffer a loss to an lt1..

You run a 12.5, and have yet to lose to and LT1?

i like the engines, but they are yesterday's technology with very limited stock shortblock potential.
Hmmm.
The fastest N/A LS1 runs 8's, the LT1 runs 9's.

So what is potential to you?
There's a good article in my sig, check it out.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hark_Z
Anyways, I just tried calling FuddleRacing and left a message. It doesnt say on the site how much next day shipping is or anything for that matter. I guess you have to fill out everything once you already buy it and are filling out the purchase sheet.. Does anyone know if Fuddle does over-the-phone orders? Do they accept money orders? Oh...and how
can I transfer cash into my Paypal if they don't take money orders? I just need this figured out because I want the converter to be received and put in ASAP as well.
Fuddle doesn't just have loads of converters sitting on a shelf collecting dust, so you can scratch getting one super-quick either way. I had to wait about 3-4 weeks for mine to come in. Shipping was $50 VIA Fed Ex. It was fast shipping, but you have to wait for them to build your converter.

Absolutely they take over the phone orders and M.O.'s.

You can transfer cash into your paypal account a variety of ways, all of which are explained on site. That is the slow way to do it. Just set your pay pal accunt up with your bank account. Then it will automatically draft funds from your account without your having to PRE-Fund your PayPal account. You can also set it up to draft from your CC in this manner.

hope that helps.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:34 AM
Launching!

It's weird that the same ppl. are always arguing about how great the LT1 is

Anyways should be a good dig race if you put in the stall, and full exhaust.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
Fuddle doesn't just have loads of converters sitting on a shelf collecting dust, so you can scratch getting one super-quick either way. I had to wait about 3-4 weeks for mine to come in. Shipping was $50 VIA Fed Ex. It was fast shipping, but you have to wait for them to build your converter.

Absolutely they take over the phone orders and M.O.'s.

You can transfer cash into your paypal account a variety of ways, all of which are explained on site. That is the slow way to do it. Just set your pay pal accunt up with your bank account. Then it will automatically draft funds from your account without your having to PRE-Fund your PayPal account. You can also set it up to draft from your CC in this manner.

hope that helps.
That info was very helpful yes, thanks.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by burnzilla
You run a 12.5, and have yet to lose to and LT1?
yes. i never said there were any fast ones around here.

Hmmm.
The fastest N/A LS1 runs 8's, the LT1 runs 9's.

So what is potential to you?
There's a good article in my sig, check it out
the potential i am referring to applies to real people, not the guys out there trying to break n/a records throwing thousands of dollars at a car dynotuning the mfer 3 times a day. it takes some decent modding to get an lt1 to run with a stock ls1, if you want to argue that, feel free. also, how long would that stock lt1 shortblock last @ 600rwhp via 10 lbs of boost? about as long as it would take to make the little needle reach "10"...that is the "potential" i am referring to.

just because ONE lt1 car is fast doesn't mean it's in the same league. if the lt1 is so great, why was it replaced?

edit: i'd be running 12.3s if i could hook
Old 05-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Banned

yes. i never said there were any fast ones around here.

the potential i am referring to applies to real people, not the guys out there trying to break n/a records throwing thousands of dollars at a car dynotuning the mfer 3 times a day.
Take it all in boys, these are true works of wisdom.

it takes some decent modding to get an lt1 to run with a stock ls1,
You mean a set of gears and a stall?
Wow,, pretty extensive.

just because ONE lt1 car is fast doesn't mean it's in the same league. if the lt1 is so great, why was it replaced?
There are many LT1's in the 10's and 11's, MANY.
and it doesnt take much.

And in response to your " why was it replaced ", if you can't figure that out, you must not be to bright.
Obviously times change and newer things arise. Like the LS2, and LS7.
And one day they will be replaced.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

You mean a set of gears and a stall?
Wow,, pretty extensive.

There are many LT1's in the 10's and 11's, MANY.
and it doesnt take much.

show me a full weight gear/stall only lt1 run 12.9s. there ain't enough 60' to make a car trapping 96mph that weighs 3,500 lbs ET 12.9.

it appears you like to argue, so i won't push this topic any further.

ls1 > lt1. that is all.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

ok...i own an ls1 but my brother has owned lt1's since 95 and an ls1 since 98...i have driven/rode/raced both...and when you compare lt1's and ls1's its like apples and oranges...i mean cmon you cant argue the fact that an ls1 owns an lt1...ppl talk about the lt1's that get smoked by ls1's must have high ragged out miles on them...that is so far from true...and if it is true then that proves that the ls1 is superior because my brother still owns his 98 M6 SS and it has 120k miles and when i raced him from a roll it was usually dead even and when we raced from a dig i usually got him because he had more traction issues do to the fact that im an A4...and his SS was borla catback only..ls1's still run great with high miles...
Old 05-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned

it appears you like to argue, so i won't push this topic any further.
You started the argument!
What are you trying to do by saying that, youre not fooling anybody.

The LT1 Vs. LS1 argument will never die because of people like you.
At the end of the day, The LS1 is a better motor.

So what?
The LT1 can still rape it
And with few mods
Old 05-14-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

my buddy's bone stock 00 b4c car ran 13.36 @ 104.5 with 135k on it. bone stock down to the paper filter. full weight, etc...

he pulled the interior and went 13.07 @ 107.5, bone stock still, with minor weight reduction, i think it had almost 145k on it at that point. now it has 152?k on it and still runs dead consistent 13.2s at full weight...he is no longer stock, he now has a lid..
Old 05-14-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

The LT1 can still rape it
And with few mods
bring your lt1 with a few mods, you can race my ls1 with a few mods.

and btw, i didn't argue, i made statements, you quoted and argued to my statements.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Default I think your goona get owned

I have a mildly modded LS1 2.73's with the Stall being my only real mod that matters as far as making me any quicker.

I just raced a 94 Vortech supercharged T/A with 3.23's and beat him on motor no Nitrous.

M6 LS1 should run low 13's unless he misses a gear your history.

I owned a 95 Z28 before this and they are not as quick and take lot of modding to beat an LS1.

Just my 2 cents worth.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post4820329
Old 05-15-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

i sold a charged 6 spd lt1 to get my ls1. the lt1 was faster, by quite a bit at this point...but it took 6 psi, ported heads, and a LOT of bolt-ons. i got waxed by a cam-only ls1 (i trapped 115-116) and then i saw the light.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Well guys let me just say that FuddleRacing and there crew is amazing. I explained my situation to them and my converter is already on the way. They haven't even received my payment yet and they still shipped it out asap!! I am extremely happy!! The car should be up and running by this Fri and I'll let you guys know how strong she is.

To reiterate I went with the 3400.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Teching In

I have a mildly modded LS1 2.73's with the Stall being my only real mod that matters as far as making me any quicker.

I just raced a 94 Vortech supercharged T/A with 3.23's and beat him on motor no Nitrous.

I owned a 95 Z28 before this and they are not as quick and take lot of modding to beat an LS1.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I don't buy that. I've ridden in both your talking about a blown lt1 not keeping up with a stalled ls1. Thats just stupid the lt1 driver must not know how to drive.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dimitriz28

Just my 2 cents worth.

I don't buy that. I've ridden in both your talking about a blown lt1 not keeping up with a stalled ls1. Thats just stupid the lt1 driver must not know how to drive.
yeah id have to agree with that not saying you didnt win but the guy in the LT1 couldnt drive worth ****...... hell with my mods i have right now which is maybe 1200 dollars im looking for 13.0 flat just have to hook up(i think its possible with what i have run at the tracks spinning through 1st and most of 2nd).... im going to spend another 1k on suspension this summer but thats not really modding for power thats just so i can hook up... i can spend another 1k get my cam (all the valvetrain has already been upgraded) and spray and i should be around a 12 flat if not breaking into the 11's all depends on if i am hooking up.... its not that hard to get a LT1 to move .... ill eventually get a LS1 just so i can get a newer car but i am never selling my lt1 either that or im getting a LS2 goat its just a better motor and i have always wanted one my initials are actually GTO so i have wanted one since i first started wanted cars ..... sorry for the rant im just getting tired of people talking down to the lt1 guys and then the lt1 guys getting bashed for trying to defend themselves even if it is a little overzealous sometimes.... they can both be fast cars thats all there is to it
Old 05-18-2006, 04:30 AM
12 Second Club

Hey I've had an LT1 and I loved it(apart from the opticrap ) but this LS1 is much better! I not knocking LT1's I'm just pleased to have shut down a high Dollar suprcharged car!

I would be well pissed too if I had spent $3,000 on a V2 and got beat by an Almost stock LS1.

Well it's true and I have the timing ticket to prove it and witnesses. That LT1 with loads of money spent on it can't be set up right cause he's only ever run 12.9 and that was with his 50 shot of Nitrous working.

I must admit I only beat him by a car's length 13.37 to 13.45 but I had a reaction time of .27 and his was .4. His 60ft was almost identical to mine I did 1.97 to his 1.99 and my car got a dead hook so did he no wheel spinning by either of us because of the track prep.

If you wanna see the timing ticket I'll post it up and show the link to his time cause he runs in the UKstreet racer Series and I have a full magazine artical of his set up.They are claiming 420hp and 480hp with the Nitrous(lets see 420+50 yes that's 480! ) Vortech V2 surpercharger SLP headers and a few more mods.

I did expect him to come flying by me but all he could do was stay one car back. both cars A4 so no gears to miss. He was pretty pissed at being beat by an almost stock LS1. I know the guy and talk to him every time I see him at the track so he knows what I'm running.

Last edited by 99Z28camaroman; 05-18-2006 at 11:48 AM.