Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

94Z vs 99TA: NEED OPINIONS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have an update but not a very good one..I was supposed to get my car back today but Fuddle sent me an LS1 converter on accident instead of the one I needed..It should be here tomorrow so we'll see.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hark_Z
Well I have an update but not a very good one..I was supposed to get my car back today but Fuddle sent me an LS1 converter on accident instead of the one I needed..It should be here tomorrow so we'll see.
DOH!

Sorry to hear that but thanks for an update. Hopefully you'll get the right one tomarrow and be ready to kick your buddies butt

Good Luck
Old 05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gonna be a decent race, I raced my buddy's '02 WS6 M6 with corsa, lid, bellows, !Baffles and from a roll he'd SLOWLY pull my bolt on LT1 (didn't have LT4 KM, but I don't think it would've been a night/day difference) from 60-100. I didn't go past that, cuz I think it would've been UGLY... NEver went from dig though, I think I could've held him off for a little while, through the 1/8, *maybe* the 1/4... I wouldn't tread lightly, even though the LT1 feels stronger down low, it's not like the LS1 has 1ft/lb of torque =P Good luck man!

-J
Old 05-31-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

UPDATE: Just got the car back and I'm PISSED off.

I got the converter in but yeah...doesn't seem all that fast. I am hoping it is because my car has a stock tune. To get my car fixed they had to replace my fucked up pcm with a stock one. I am hoping the 3.73's and stall are really screwing with my pcm and thats why it aint quick. I mean my car seemed just as fast with the 3.73's/tuning alone compared to having it back untuned with the 3400 stall/3.73's/shift kit. Sometimes at WOT now it missfires..Just doesn't seem like it's runnig right..

As for the race against my friend? Yeah we did it. What a disgrace!!
40-100, I don't think my car grabbed first just started started in 2nd and I'm freaked out becuz I didn't even really jump ahead though anyways. It was even until like 65 until he slowly pulled like 2 cars at 100. To recap his mods are lid,catback,smooth bellows, M6. Something just isn't right my car is not hitting the way I think it should..

Old 05-31-2006, 09:46 AM
12 Second Club

I did say unless he misses a gear your history!
As you say maybe a tune will help. A lot of guys firm up the gear shifts after a stall via the tune. Or you can fit a shift kit.

Do you have any 1/4 times before and then do some now. I just fitted a stall to my LS1 and the biggest difference is from a stop. From a roll it doesn't feel that much faster to me.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

yea with that converter go for a dig race anytime you can....i could tell a huge diff with my 4k stall...even on roll races i noticed the manuals didnt pull out on me as hard even off the bottle...but it shines on the dig races...practice launching the car man..its a **** to launch it on street tires...i dont know about the 3400 stall but my 4000 is at least...not to be a dick but even with the stall i didnt think it would be an even race man!!! especially an a4 lt1 vs an m6 ls1 from a roll....dig you might be able to hole shot him hard enough to hold him off through the 1/4...just practice your hole shots and try and get some tires...
Old 05-31-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

UPDATE: Just got the car back and I'm PISSED off.

I got the converter in but yeah...doesn't seem all that fast. I am hoping it is because my car has a stock tune. To get my car fixed they had to replace my fucked up pcm with a stock one. I am hoping the 3.73's and stall are really screwing with my pcm and thats why it aint quick. I mean my car seemed just as fast with the 3.73's/tuning alone compared to having it back untuned with the 3400 stall/3.73's/shift kit. Sometimes at WOT now it missfires..Just doesn't seem like it's runnig right..

As for the race against my friend? Yeah we did it. What a disgrace!!
40-100, I don't think my car grabbed first just started started in 2nd and I'm freaked out becuz I didn't even really jump ahead though anyways. It was even until like 65 until he slowly pulled like 2 cars at 100. To recap his mods are lid,catback,smooth bellows, M6. Something just isn't right my car is not hitting the way I think it should..

what shop serviced it? Damn, I would be pissed too.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
what shop serviced it? Damn, I would be pissed too.
Just a local shop around here, it's just running like a turd without a tune.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Just a local shop around here, it's just running like a turd without a tune.
In my opinon, if they damaged the pcm, they should replace and have it tuned. That's crap otherwise.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

hey hark did you go to the big NMRA race up there in st louis...i did....lots of fast cars...it was a great weekend of street racing man!!!! we took my buddys 415 stoker z28 with a lil bit of juice and beat down alot of ford products
Old 05-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Teching In

I say get headers...or a bigg stall
Old 05-31-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thislswon
hey hark did you go to the big NMRA race up there in st louis...i did....lots of fast cars...it was a great weekend of street racing man!!!! we took my buddys 415 stoker z28 with a lil bit of juice and beat down alot of ford products
Na man I didn't make it.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
You should take him
nope.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Well this is kind of difficult because its me racing my best friend. He talks so much smack though about how crappy my LT1 is and how his LS1 is godly..

The race will be on the street, not the highway. It will most likely be a dig to about 80-90ish.

My current mods: intake,exhaust,3.73's,shift kit,tuning

his car: 99 TA M6, lid, smooth bellows,catback

I am very consistent with my a4 with launching; he is a good driver. I know that my car is definitely stronger in the first 2 gears and I should get at least a 1.5 car lead right away but I'm just nervous about it. My car comes out of the shop with a new shift kit on it soon so how will this work out?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the stock cam, your stall will only benefit you to about 60 mph or so. after that, the stalling effect is pretty much done and you're back to the pull of your stock stall.

you MIGHT get him at the track IF you hook, otherwise he will eat you up. adding that stall just made launching on the street 10x harder.

tell him to put down his purse and race at the track. stalled autos are pretty much useless anywhere else. i hate roll racing.