Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Played with an LS1 Today.. Fun Fun!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Played with an LS1 Today.. Fun Fun!

Well, I had no classes or work today, so i decided to go to the bank for some cash and look for a nice run in between. After all, I haven't really raced anybody as of late and was itchen for some fun. You guys know.. the "itch".

Well traffic was busy all over Henrietta, so I took the highway home( 390, 65mph ), which is 3 lanes, I was kind of getting irrated I had not seen anybody who would want to run in town, so I decided to try my luck on the highway.

Well low and behold about 4 miles away from my exit this Black Formula LS1 pulls onto the highway ( dont know what year , id guess 98-00 ) about 100 feet ahead of me. He doesnt notice me until I pull up next to him and give him a small rev ( which with a LM is a small touch of the gas )
Im pretty sure he was stock. Stock rims, stock dual exhaust, timid exhaust tone..etc.
It was an older guy probably early 30's, with his wife/Gf.

Traffic halted us from a side by side duel, and I was in the left lane, he was in the middle, and the right lane was packed.
In front of us, there was no real clear spot to race from.
He got behind me and followed me through the gaps until I seen a good opening. There was no way we were racing two lanes.
I waited for him to ride my bumper, then I dropped the hammer.

I took off and had a small jump, and when I was taking off he couldn't catch me. But I had the Hit.
Again ahead of us, traffic filled the lanes so i slammed of my brakes, and he anticipated this, so when I dug into it again, his momentum was better, and came right up on me... I punched it, but couldnt pull on him until I got some momentum of my own.
I made some lanes changes, but I was carefu.
When I finally got him side by side for a run, I had about 1-2 cars on him, and he had the hit on me.

We had a couple nice runs, and i gave him the thumbs up when I pulled over into my exit lane, and he gave me the peace sign, and his wife/Gf has a big smile on her face.
The guy was really cool about it, and we both parted our ways.
Its nice to see that kind of reaction from a fellow Fbody owner.

The amazing thing is ( LS1 guys are gonna love this ) is that his car was stock and I was still only putting around 2 cars on him, not even.

But the Burnzilla took the checkered flag today
Old 05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it was an auto and it started in the dead spot

jk dude, good kill
Old 05-19-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Resident

Nice man. I hope that pisses off some LS1 owners especially with all the nonesense and flaring tempers lately....lol

**I'm jk about that, nice kills though man.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

come race me and see if you stay 1-2 cars ahead . im a stock auto vert also what exact mph did you jump form because us auto do have a severe dead spot from 40-50 mph. in the bottom of 2nd EWWWWW. but good kill none the less. but if you punched it first. thats the only reason you got any distance really. he probly hit it after you did and the car takes time to downshift. if i see another car behind me and i even think their is a remote chance they will try to gun it. ill drop down in gear myself for a bit just incase.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant we all just... get along?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Nice kill, what is done to your LT1?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Teching In

That's crap
Old 05-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula_X
Nice kill, what is done to your LT1?
Moroso CAI, 52MM Holley, SLP LM1, Hotchkis SFC's, GM High Performance Stall, Custom Tune, Performance Carbon Shocks/Coils.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when i had my 97 z28 a4, i jumped a couple ls1's, but they were from slow rolls. i also beat an ls1 from a dig to about 100, and had witness's for that. lt1's arent slow, especially with the power he is making.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
also what exact mph did you jump form because us auto do have a severe dead spot from 40-50 mph..
We were cruisin.. Id say 70-75

After some messing around, we where side by side, since my exit was nearing, I was in the right, he was in the left.
He had the hit, but I barely pulled him.

I'll tell you what, if it wasnt for my stall & tune, I dont think I would have won, even with my few bolt ons and suspension work.

Last edited by burnzilla; 05-19-2006 at 05:16 PM.