Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

wtf, the only cars i race are ls1s

Old 05-27-2006, 05:05 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf, the only cars i race are ls1s

i use to own an 86 mustang untill it got rear ended, and ive been *** raped by an ls1 in it so i bought me one because i always loved the 4th gen f bodies, but there has been only one problem.

i can only get other ls1 powered cars to race me.

ive raced an ls1 z28, two ls1 c5 vettes and an ls1 t/a

i bought this to race mustangs and **** and i can only get races with other ls1s

-vs c5 vette (2nd race on there) http://media.putfile.com/Track-run-a...e-street-races
-vs another vette http://videos.mistreetscene.org/vide...2F9933FA9F.htm
-vs Z28 http://videos.mistreetscene.org/vide...33CB77E2D8.htm

i dont have the vids against the t/a but from a 20 roll i beat him and from a 10 roll he got me (auto with 3500 stall and louder exhaust than me, didnt know other mods). didnt go from a dig because my clutch was slipping

that seems pretty fucked up if you ask me
Old 05-27-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

I think its good you only get LS1s to race you. True, you might not win against a competitor that is actually WORTHY of racing, but isnt that better than the hollow victories of smashing old mustangs and ricers day in and day out? Thats just being philosophical i guess. I guess im partly jealous because i've had my LS1 for over a year now and havent been able to race another LSx yet!!! Just feel lucky man.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I too only have other LS1 powered cars race me......and thats rare. The mustangs dont even look my way, and the ricers dont even rev
F**k im tired of spending all this money just to ride around...
Old 05-27-2006, 10:14 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

my buddy always calls out other cars and talks **** to them and cant get anybody to race me other than another ls1
Old 05-27-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i wish i could get another LS1 car to run me today i came flyin up on a 98-02 silver SS and we were clear of traffic he just stayed at 45 and didnt budge so i just left him be
Old 05-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, feel good you actually get to race other V8's because you know it is going to be a good race. Don't think I've ever raced an ls1, beaten a few lt1's at the street races and got spanked by another on the freeway, don't know what he had but the car sounded sick and he pulled on me like I was standing still. I live right down the street from UC Riverside, so there's massive rice but I don't think many of them have many mods, cause everytime I'm lined up next to one, they'll do everything they can to hang behind me even when I go like 30mph.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA
I think its good you only get LS1s to race you. True, you might not win against a competitor that is actually WORTHY of racing, but isnt that better than the hollow victories of smashing old mustangs and ricers day in and day out? Thats just being philosophical i guess. I guess im partly jealous because i've had my LS1 for over a year now and havent been able to race another LSx yet!!! Just feel lucky man.
+1 I've beaten my fair share of ricers, v6 camaros, v6 mustangs, only raced 1 mustang GT and a **** ton of trucks but I can't seem to get a LS1 or a cobra to race me. I just about gave up on it. Even at the track I can't get another v8 to race me.

Search this Thread