LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   First Kill. Mitsu 3000GT VR4 (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/527001-first-kill-mitsu-3000gt-vr4.html)

WhiteStripes 06-17-2006 02:36 PM

First Kill. Mitsu 3000GT VR4

Coming home late last night I pulled up next to a Red VR4. I was tired so I didn't think anything of it. I looked over and saw a good lookin blonde in the passenger front seat, and another in the back. It was some guy driving. The other light turns yellow and the guy gives a little rev, but I'm thinking screw it, there's another light about to turn red no more than 50 yards in front of us. Signal goes green and he jumps a little off the line then realizes I'm not going to go, so he slows down. Obviously we both meet up again at the next light, so I line it up and rev at him saying go for it. The other light turns yellow and he revs pretty aggressively and I can hear the turbo start to spool. The light goes green and we take off, he pulls half a car on me then I hit second and put him behind me till 80. Somewhere around me passing him I heard a pretty strange noise come from his car, so I wonder if he missed a shift, or if it was his BOV or something. I'm thinking it was a pretty minorly modded car because the exhaust was pretty quiet (even though I understand this is common in turbo cars?), he had a 3-pod a-pillar set up, but that may not have meant anything. Either way it was a fun race.

NightWindDriftr 06-17-2006 02:43 PM

Nothing like burning cars with attractive women in 'em. What better way to poop on someone's ego? :)

mcG 06-17-2006 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Nothing like burning cars with attractive women in 'em. What better way to poop on someone's ego? :)

what he said :jest:

blackhawk J 06-17-2006 06:56 PM

It might have been a blow off valve, though I dont know how much boost those cars make. I like them though, I was looking at them when I found my 'hawk. good kill. It is a great guilty pleasure to demoralize someone in front of their woman...hahaha

pbsis 06-17-2006 07:16 PM

I have a 91 Vr4 and that noise could have been anything. I swear everytime I drive mine something on it breaks. And I drive like a granny

Sparetire 06-17-2006 07:23 PM

Sheesh man. Already racing it and hauling speakers in it. How long you plan on keeping it? LOL.

Nice kill. Let me know when you head over to AZ Speed, I wanna go with. We'll drag Jovie along too so he get off his near stock ass.

You people are making me jealous.

GhettoTy 06-18-2006 08:04 PM

Did this happen out in Chandler by chance? A friend of mine race a VR4 out there a few months ago. Nice kill.

WhiteStripes 06-18-2006 10:29 PM

Nope it was on 7th ST and Greenway Parkway.

Finite1 06-20-2006 06:28 AM

lol @ demoralize

Shackleford 06-20-2006 12:25 PM

What can a VR4 do in the quarter?

Ace$nyper 06-20-2006 01:10 PM

Good run. Good first kill too, I'd love to bump into a VR4.

From what i've read on vr4s the stock catback rules and is good for almost 500 so maybe he didn't bother doing any mods to the exhaust.

Street Lethal 06-20-2006 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteStripes
Somewhere around me passing him I heard a pretty strange noise come from his car.

Probably the sound of one of those girls slapping him in the head as all three watched you pull away... ;)

dailydriver 06-20-2006 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Probably the sound of one of those girls slapping him in the head as all three watched you pull away... ;)

^^^^^^ :jest: :rotflmao: :lol: (or BOTH OF THEM simultaneously!!)

fast360 06-20-2006 04:10 PM

i wouldnt take thos too lightley, i think the fastest times in those stock is like a 13.1, not sure though. i have a 92 vr4 bpu on stock turbos at 14.5 psi and it runs a mid 12,guy i bought it from said he ran a low 12, dont know bout that.its really all about the launch.plus you said there were 3 people in the car, it weighs 3800 stock plus tank of gas and three people, thats well over 4000 pounds.