Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tried to race 4 KB Cobra's with MT ET Street DR's on, and they all pussied out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I then stand corrected. My apologies gentlemen. But only if it is a not a place where people go to hook'em up. As stated it is a local thing of which I have no idea about. So I will STFU. Also I might be heading to the Ft.Wayne area soon. I hope I can do better there than in Littlerock. I will be driving of course.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta agree with the cobra guys...if they dont want to street race and have made that clear multiple times then why keep being an *** and challenging them? I mean if they are talking **** thats one thing, but if they are just hanging out why keep harrassing them? Hell they even offered you to hang out and go to the track with them, so why not just race them there? I dont know the whole story but from the looks of it you ragging on these guys for not wanting to go out and race illegally on the streets, which is their preference. Sure most people will race on the streets, even i do it time to time, but if I come across a group of car people and ask them if they want to run and they say no im not gonna keep bothering them as long as they havent been talking ****. On another note though Cunfuzed you get that 12-bolt yet? I know you got the built t-56 as trade for your old 12-bolt but you upgrade yet and have you got any dyno numbers yet on the 200 pill?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
I gotta agree with the cobra guys...if they dont want to street race and have made that clear multiple times then why keep being an *** and challenging them? I mean if they are talking **** thats one thing, but if they are just hanging out why keep harrassing them? Hell they even offered you to hang out and go to the track with them, so why not just race them there? I dont know the whole story but from the looks of it you ragging on these guys for not wanting to go out and race illegally on the streets, which is their preference. Sure most people will race on the streets, even i do it time to time, but if I come across a group of car people and ask them if they want to run and they say no im not gonna keep bothering them as long as they havent been talking ****. On another note though Cunfuzed you get that 12-bolt yet? I know you got the built t-56 as trade for your old 12-bolt but you upgrade yet and have you got any dyno numbers yet on the 200 pill?

I now have the $$$ for the rear. Now my problem is the F'n clutch. I thought I had the end all for clutches....................sad to say as of last weekend I was wrong. So now I am thinking auto . I hate to do it. 684rwhp on the 200 shot 502 na. The tranny is a badass but I think I might sell it now.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

Man this thread really ballooned.
But what do you expect when you call 4 Cobra owners pussies.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bwh......... just curious what kind of car and Hp are you making??
Old 07-10-2006, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Its a 2004 cobra and its makes around 502 hp to the wheels. I have to say im extremely happy with the car. I had an Fbody before the cobra and while it was my dream car and I liked it, it doesnt compare with the cobra for an all around package.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
It would be nice trailering the car, but I don't want to be that guy that
trailers in a 10 second car. I always laugh at that. There's nothing
funny about breaking **** and being stuck at the track though.
Its always fun to say I drove it to the track, ran 10's, then drove it home. Its never fun to say drove it to the track, broke it, walked home.

Brandon
Old 07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

I havent had time to read every post, but i got as far as the cobra engines making so much power on half the cubes or whatever. have we forgotten it is blown?? obviously a blown car can easily make more horse power stock vs a na stock.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DarkCloud
I havent had time to read every post, but i got as far as the cobra engines making so much power on half the cubes or whatever. have we forgotten it is blown?? obviously a blown car can easily make more horse power stock vs a na stock.
We are way past that argument. LOL
Old 07-10-2006, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Man lol this is why i miss the Fort. Scotts no punk put up or shut up and race him.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spare tire
Im sorry I think you got me confused for someone else Its kinda a wierd though cause I used to have a 1992 GS-T. Where are you originally from? I live in Sioux City IA.
Yeah I dindn't catch that space when I first posted (a little at the time), but it sounds like you you've got a nice setup. And ya that's just WIERD with you having owned a dsm lol.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Launching!

wow
Old 07-11-2006, 07:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Its always fun to say I drove it to the track, ran 10's, then drove it home. Its never fun to say drove it to the track, broke it, walked home.

Brandon
He's got a good point.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
SDB has listed his mods in a previouse thread, and from what I read, each one of those cobras would have got a real hand full. I can understand a classic muscle car, or a $100,000 exotic not wanting to race, but why would those guys spend all that cash on those cobras and not want to run a rival GM

Because in the land of make believe all Cobras are slower than the Generals products.

SDB,
My daughter liked your fairy tale so much, Im going to read it to her again tonight, fiction can be fun.

for the record I got 480RWHP with bolt ons and a 2.76 upper pulley only. 480RW isnt a KB cobra 99.9% of those cars on a 3.5" pulley are making well over 500RW.

Tom
Old 07-11-2006, 07:39 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
[/SIZE]

SDB,
My daughter liked your fairy tale so much, Im going to read it to her again tonight, fiction can be fun.

Tom

Tom,

Is your daughter hot???? Does she have small little hands??? I like small little hands...makes my dick look bigger!

For the record, I didn't continually harass the poor little ol Cobra owners, just asked them. I am so sorry that the local spot we have is for car racing, not a car show. Sorry for thinking that street racing is fun. I will get some video of this spot and the cars and myself asking (politely) to race a variety of cars and hopefully even a race or two...just to set things straight.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
Is your daughter hot???? Does she have small little hands??? I like small little hands...makes my dick look bigger!
not even cool to joke about. How 'bout you just take your dickbeaters off the keyboard for a while, you dipshit.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by c6_dave
not even cool to joke about. How 'bout you just take your dickbeaters off the keyboard for a while, you dipshit.
cool down man, the comment Tom made wasn't any better, that's why he commented.

A little sarcasm.......your reading too deep into it.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Teching In

damn guys just drop it already. lets change the topic.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know when you guys grow up already...good lord.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

I would not comment about anybody's daughter. That **** can get you killed especially in this day and age. About the meet up spot, I don't see the problem with trying to get a race with the horsies if they are setup to drag. I would not keep asking in an annoying kind of way unless they are talking crap (literally crap) all of the time. If they are just there to hang, then it is what it is. Just leave them to hang and show their slips. I wish I had a 500+ dyno sheet (in the making as we speak ).