Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*VID* 02 Bolt-on WS6 M6 vs Blown Stang w/asshole owner *VID*

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slow trap
good kill on the pony.r u from bg ?
I am about 45 mins to an hr from there, about 35 miles south of Owensboro. Where in TN are you?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for all the replies guys! It really makes me wonder what would have happened if we HAD bet the $100. I bet he wouldn't have paid me. After he stormed up to me like he did, I wasn't about to do it for money, these dudes were real tools.

I think this experience has made it to where I prolly won't ever race for cash unless it's someone I know real well. **** can really get bad fast, and if money's involved, it can be even worse.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
I hate to be the "stang guy" who chimes in but a s/c 4v in a foxbody is nasty. I haven't seen any s/c 4v dyno less than 430rwhp. Even a 2v will make 350-400. No doubt I believe your story just wondering about the foxbody. With a 4v it should easily be a mid 11s ride? Either way great kill and he got what he deserved.
Which mustangs come with the 4v and which come with the 2v? GT=2v cobra/mach 1=4v?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

regular GT's are 2V and your mach 1's are 3V cobras are 4V.....someone correct me if I'm wrong. What are the new GT's, 3V ??
Old 07-16-2006, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

that guy is such a ***, he NEVER spun, maybe a little at first, but you would have known it, if he was.

that was a fair, and square win.

also, you shifted DAMN fast, that was some good shifting.

ohh, and one more thing, if you ever see him again, punch him in the mouth for putitng cobra emblems on it.

cory
Old 07-16-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

how far from northern kentucky are you? Im in Florence, right up by cincy.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by udlose99ta
how far from northern kentucky are you? Im in Florence, right up by cincy.
I'm from western ky, 35 miles south of owensboro.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redneckbmxer24
that guy is such a ***, he NEVER spun, maybe a little at first, but you would have known it, if he was.

that was a fair, and square win.

also, you shifted DAMN fast, that was some good shifting.

ohh, and one more thing, if you ever see him again, punch him in the mouth for putitng cobra emblems on it.

cory
Thanks man! I used to be even faster when I powershifted the car, but after the clutch got tired and it wouldn't release as fast as I was calling on it to, the tranny got abused and I wound up rebuilding it before the 40k mark

So now with the TEXtralia and the fresh tranny, (did all that in March) I just let off the throttle, tag the next gear, and back on it as quick as I can.

I didn't even notice the cobra emblems.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LPWS6
Which mustangs come with the 4v and which come with the 2v? GT=2v cobra/mach 1=4v?
for 2V's, they were 96-04 GT's, and were practically the same, with the exception of some head, and intake changes the whole time

4V's, 96-98, and 99/01 cobra's got these, with 9.85:1 compression, 8 bolt cranks, and really the only thing that changed on these were heads, and intake aswell. then 03-04 mach's have 10.1:1 compression, the new aviator heads with the aviator intake manny, and 6 bolt FW. 03-04 cobra's have aviator 4V heads, IDENTICAL to the mach 1's, except for the cams in them, 8.5:1 compression, and the eaton M112 roots style blower.

cory
Old 07-16-2006, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
Thanks man! I used to be even faster when I powershifted the car, but after the clutch got tired and it wouldn't release as fast as I was calling on it to, the tranny got abused and I wound up rebuilding it before the 40k mark

So now with the TEXtralia and the fresh tranny, (did all that in March) I just let off the throttle, tag the next gear, and back on it as quick as I can.

I didn't even notice the cobra emblems.
i also like the layout in the car, how basically, your arm is perfectly elevated, when your hand is on the shifter, i hate having to reach down for mine.

yeah, cobra emblems on anything but a cobra basically = RICE.

cory
Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Board Certified Idiot

Your Times.. are in Sig.. But He has a Swpd? 4.6 Super Charged Foxbody.. and could not beat you?? with your Mods??? ..

good Race tho Nice video
Old 07-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Launching!

swift kill bro, on the roll did he actually nudge alittle just before the third honk or am i too hammerd? I usually had more problems like that with other camaro guys, i guess i know the only good mustang drivers lol just kidn you know who u r. I prefer to not run cannabal but I gotta eat, probably not as much as fat boy though.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
regular GT's are 2V and your mach 1's are 3V cobras are 4V.....someone correct me if I'm wrong. What are the new GT's, 3V ??
Mach 1s are 4v. New GTs are 3Vs.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome story. That's why I come to kills. Do knock his *** out if you ever see him again.

BTW, off-topic but that's a neat name, "PocketViper". I like it.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol brian... ahha im over at ftcky id love to come over their during some of this **** ahahah. id love to teach some of those rejects some combatives training

im sure you have been trhough here a few times. their arent to many ReaL FAST cars. beside mabe a few True mod guys who know what they are doing.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lunatik
swift kill bro, on the roll did he actually nudge alittle just before the third honk or am i too hammerd?
With all due respect man, did you read the story before the link to the vid? That's why I put it there to explain and lay out everything.

But anyway, yeah, he was easing ahead of me before I was even honking, and he went before the 3rd honk. Didn't matter anyway......
Old 07-17-2006, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
lol brian... ahha im over at ftcky id love to come over their during some of this **** ahahah. id love to teach some of those rejects some combatives training

im sure you have been trhough here a few times. their arent to many ReaL FAST cars. beside mabe a few True mod guys who know what they are doing.
That would have been cool to have someone like you around for that ****. Everyone on here is telling me to punch him the next time I see him. Well I am only about 5'5 TOPS, and weigh in at an enormous 120 lbs I guess I can hold my own for a lil guy, but still, gotta think with your head when your dealing with morons like this.

Man if your off one weekend and want to come down my way for some crusing and racing send me a PM and we'll set it up
Old 07-17-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

nice kills, it's sad that there are sore losers who resort to excuses rather than just have fun, I personally am not a ford guy but if one beat me I wouldn't be an *** about it, though the second race I would have sprayed regardless just to show him the diff in outcomes.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
96-04 Mustang GT's = 2v
96-04 Cobras = 4v
Mach1= 4v
05 GT= 3v

And a fox body with an sc 4v seems like he should have taken you. Maybe the guy was just lying.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by arctic00z28
The reason it pisses me off so much is because a couple of weeks ago I went out with just me and my wife to the local hang to try and find a couple races. Go to the spot ands there is a blue WRX and a slammed older yellow civic(i think). I was afraid they were taking care of business and didnt want me there so I asked if they were racing for money. The dude with the WRX says depends on how bad you want to lose. I was like damn they must be fast so I start to look through the window at his pillar guages and figure what the hell 20 bucks for a good race. I tell him I have 20 that says mines faster. He says OK but his partner was going to race the civic first.
Well a 97 T/A with headders pulls up and he says his car is not running right but he would like to race for fun. Well alright! This is what I came here for. My wife even brought the video camera.
I didnt even pay attention to the race between the WRX and civic because I was setting up the race with the T/A. We line up and well you know how it goes when you put a nearly stock LS1 up against a nearly stock LT1. When we slow down I give him a big thumbs up and told him good job. He says those ls1's really are better. He was pretty cool and I think he comes into play later.
We go back and the WRX dude asks who won? I guess he didnt watch I dont know but I ask him if hes ready and he starts to crawdad and says that his buddy dont want to put up the money(20 bucks HA HA). There are more people here now and a guy in a white turbo charged eagle talon challenges me just for fun. Cool. We dont really talk and we just line up. I blew his doors off and I think the LT1 could have took him. What a great night right, wrong. I would have gave the guy the thumbs up and all that but he turned around and ran back to his buddys. I pull up and I can tell these guys hate me. Im not sure why but I am sure they do.
This one younger chunky guy starts jumpin around sayin this guy wants to race, this guy wants to race, pointing at another turbo charged talon just like the one I already spanked so I am confused. Then the two guys in the car say lets race for more. Ok, I am not stupid but I am caught up in the moment and having a good time. I said WTF do you guys have nitrous or what and the chunky fella swears up and down that its just turbo charged. Yeah right, so I tell them I just got 20 bucks to loose.

There are about 15 people here now and we line up. We take off and my nose is inching forward and all off a sudden the Talon goes BOOM and hits about 115-120 through the quarter. Well shoot! That wasnt really fair at all so I try to stop them at the end and they wont stop so I follow them back to the laughing mob and the WRX Punk who was holding the money ran over and hurried up to hand the money to the driver of Talon.
I got out and proceeded to ask the 5 or 6 that I was up against why they freakin lied to me. I probably would have paid 20 just to see it beat me, but know I feel cheated. These guys were real jerks and the chunky one again speeks up and says were F@#$N Hustlers. I looked at him and said, "Well then were is your ride at HUSTLER!" Needles to say he went uh, uh, uh, its on its way! AHH HAA it was priceless so I through in a "All you brought were your pom poms you F!@#N chearleader! Well I turned to look at the other 4 or 5 and I heard somebody crying. I swear, the fat dude started crying and rushed me. It was CRAZY! I squared up with him in the street and suddenly I was surrounded by 5 dudes and a crying chunky dude. The guy says swing on me I dare you. I looked around and immediately knew I would not win. At that time the 97 T/A guy stepped in between me and the crowd and says you better get out of here while you still can. I took it that was my chance so I headed for the car.
My wife got it all on video. They might as well have just mugged me and if I would of stuck around I am sure they would have. Man that sucked. If I would have just hade one friend with me it would never have went down like that. To bad I havent got ant friends in this wierd *** place(reno NV).
Sorry I hijacked your thread and it was so long.
If we were there, those guys would of gotten fucked up. Good thing you walked away. Sometimes it's hard, but being out numbered sucks. Plus your wife was there. Dont worry, you'll run into him sooner or later. **** him up then.